+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa - no Stamp @ Arrival

antonykumar

Apr 30, 2017
Hi Gurus

mid of MAR 2017, My in-laws landed here in Canada under MULTIPLE ENTRY PG-1 / SUPER VISA. Port Of Entry was TORONTO.

The officer didn't stamp in my in-laws passport and didn't write a date or no document given to them. Office didn't mark anything in their passport and just return their passport.

QUESTiON
With the above said, For how long my in-laws can stay in Canada?
Whats their valid period of stay in Canada ?
Is it normal office not to stamp / not to write anything in visitor's passport ?

Please advise. Thank You Very Much.

Reactions: SoniaD

madspright

May 11, 2017
Signed up just to share this information. My MIL arrived on super visa but the entry stamp did not have a handwritten exit by date. After doing a lot research online and not getting clear answers, I went to Pearson airport to talk to CBSA officer and also called CIC and confirmed twice. Not to mention this has been extremely frustrating. Having super visa valid for 6 months is pathetic and amount of work to extend seems ridiculous. Really stupid system.

no hand written date on super visa stamp means it's only valid for 6 months, NOT 2 years.

Also, no stamp = valid for 6 months only.

IF CBSA officer allows 2 years, he will put a date for 2 years OR provide a visitor record.

I received this in email from CIC agent

Super visa - Length of stay - Less than 2 years

The Parents and Grandparents Extended Stay Temporary Resident Visa (Super Visa) can allow eligible parents and grandparents to remain in Canada for an authorized period of up to two years from their initial entry into the country.

However, if you did not get a Visitor Record when you arrived in Canada, and there is:
  • A stamp in your passport and a handwritten date:
    • it is important you leave the country on or before this date.
  • No stamp in your passport, or
  • A stamp in your passport, but no handwritten date:
    • it is important you leave the country six months from the date stamped in your passport by an officer when you arrived.

Pammis1985

Oct 2, 2017
Signed up just to share this information. My MIL arrived on super visa but the entry stamp did not have a handwritten exit by date. After doing a lot research online and not getting clear answers, I went to Pearson airport to talk to CBSA officer and also called CIC and confirmed twice. Not to mention this has been extremely frustrating. Having super visa valid for 6 months is pathetic and amount of work to extend seems ridiculous. Really stupid system.

no hand written date on super visa stamp means it's only valid for 6 months, NOT 2 years.

Also, no stamp = valid for 6 months only.

IF CBSA officer allows 2 years, he will put a date for 2 years OR provide a visitor record.

I received this in email from CIC agent

Super visa - Length of stay - Less than 2 years

The Parents and Grandparents Extended Stay Temporary Resident Visa (Super Visa) can allow eligible parents and grandparents to remain in Canada for an authorized period of up to two years from their initial entry into the country.

However, if you did not get a Visitor Record when you arrived in Canada, and there is:
    • it is important you leave the country on or before this date.
  • No stamp in your passport, or
  • A stamp in your passport, but no handwritten date:
    • it is important you leave the country six months from the date stamped in your passport by an officer when you arrived.
Weird, they sent me information saying that one is allowed to stay for 2 years on supervisa if there is no handwritten date.

Here is what I received in email:
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

The parent and grandparent super visa can allow eligible parents and grandparents to remain in Canada for an authorized period of up to two years from their initial entry into the country.

• it is important you leave the country on or before that date.
  • A stamp in your passport, but no handwritten date, or
  • No stamp in your passport:
    • it is important you leave the country two years from the date of your initial entry.

raja_falls

Nov 18, 2014
Hi,
Friends,

My Father has Parents and Grandparents VISA up to may 2019.
My Father came Canada first time came to Canada on 20th May 2017 with proper stamps and date of stay.
He left Canada on date 13 Sep 2017 and came back as on 6th Dec 2017.
In second entry there is no stamp and no date for next stay.

In this case do he required another stamp and date of stay?

Please help as after 2 days his 6 month stay going to complete.

Thanks in advance.

halffedelf

May 15, 2015
Hi,
Friends,

My Father came Canada first time came to Canada on 20th May 2017 with proper stamps and date of stay.

Thanks in advance.
Hi same happened to my mother-in-law. Did you find out anything?

poonam

Sep 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2010
AOR Received.
1st : 29 Sep 2010, 2nd Aor : 20.01.2011
IELTS Request
already sent
Hi,
Friends,

Thanks in advance.
Hi

Please advise what are your doing in this regard as my father has same situation. His 6 months entry expire on June 20.

Thank you