+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super VISA LICO

amar_scorpio

Mar 11, 2017
Hi,

I am a PR holder and wanted to apply for my parent Super. I am a full time employee and my annual salary is well above the LICO for sponsoring, but i started my job 2 months back only and not accumulated that much amount yet.

1. My doubt is do we need to have the LICO amount earned before applying or a employment letter would be enough as i started my job 2 months back only.
2. My dad is a physically handicapped person due to a road accident 28 years back. His lower half of body is not working, but this is something not curable and doesn't require any regular medical treatment now. Rest he doesn't have any other medical issue which can obstruct the medical exam. Would he be having any concerns in clearing the Super Visa Medical test.

I am in a dubious situation and need your expert advise please. Appreciate your help

Thanks
Amar

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I am a PR holder and wanted to apply for my parent Super. I am a full time employee and my annual salary is well above the LICO for sponsoring, but i started my job 2 months back only and not accumulated that much amount yet.
It's best to wait until you can prove you meet LICO.

1. My doubt is do we need to have the LICO amount earned before applying or a employment letter would be enough as i started my job 2 months back only.
You need to submit at least one recent NOA + adequate bank balance.

2. My dad is a physically handicapped person due to a road accident 28 years back. His lower half of body is not working, but this is something not curable and doesn't require any regular medical treatment now. Rest he doesn't have any other medical issue which can obstruct the medical exam. Would he be having any concerns in clearing the Super Visa Medical test.
He must prove he won't be a burden on the healthcare system. Does he require a caregiver? Is he covered by insurance? Possible to get super visa insurance?

amar_scorpio

Mar 11, 2017
Thanks a lot fro your expert guidance.

1. I started my Job in June'18, so can I show one NOA ( which i would be filling in Dec'18 ) and the salary slip or bank balance after as my first NOA would not make me eligible for LICO as it would contain only June to Dec'18.

2. Regarding my dad, he is getting super visa insurance from all Canadian insurance companies. and he doesn't have any extra medical expense apart from a normal person. He can take acre of himself and even drives a automatic car and electric wheel chair. If I take a super Visa insurance then medical should not be a concern right, if he is not having any other medical issues as per Canadian medical test.

Really appreciate your response and expert guidance..

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. I started my Job in June'18, so can I show one NOA ( which i would be filling in Dec'18 ) and the salary slip or bank balance after as my first NOA would not make me eligible for LICO as it would contain only June to Dec'18.
In that case, it would be better to wait until March-April before you apply.

2. Regarding my dad, he is getting super visa insurance from all Canadian insurance companies. and he doesn't have any extra medical expense apart from a normal person. He can take acre of himself and even drives a automatic car and electric wheel chair. If I take a super Visa insurance then medical should not be a concern right, if he is not having any other medical issues as per Canadian medical test.
You may want to consider having him go through 'practice' super visa medical tests at a panel physician before he applies.... just to be sure

visalen

Aug 22, 2018
Hi @Bryanna

i am preparing super visa application for my father. I have few questions and would like to seek your kind advise.

In the form IMM5257 under the heading funds available for my stay CAD , since i will be paying for his trip,do i need to put any amount in this field ?
Do I need to notarized letter of financial support/ promise letter ?
Does my father needs to sign any form like family information or for Use of Representative if you are applying online ?
Do I need to include an detail itinerary along with invitation letter?

Please assist with these questions.

Thank you so much in advance for your help

You may want to consider having him go through 'practice' super visa medical tests at a panel physician before he applies.... just to be sure

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi @Bryanna

i am preparing super visa application for my father. I have few questions and would like to seek your kind advise.

In the form IMM5257 under the heading funds available for my stay CAD , since i will be paying for his trip,do i need to put any amount in this field ?
Some reasonable funds of your dad.

Do I need to notarized letter of financial support/ promise letter ?
You would need to check with VFS/his local visa office.

Does my father needs to sign any form like family information or for Use of Representative if you are applying online ?
If you're applying as his representative then yes. IMM5476

Do I need to include an detail itinerary along with invitation letter?
A detailed itinerary is not required for a super visa. I would recommend stating the purpose of visit in your invitation letter + do prepare a cover letter that states his strong ties, family ties, financial situation, any previous travel history, etc

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You're not going to have your NOA until probably May so not quite sure the rush. Wouldn't include a letter about your wife's pregnancy. It will only hurt your application. Also assume she will not be pregnant by the time you have your NOA.

visalen

Aug 22, 2018

A detailed itinerary is not required for a super visa. I would recommend stating the purpose of visit in your invitation letter + do prepare a cover letter that states his strong ties, family ties, financial situation, any previous travel history, etc

thank you so much Bryanna for you quick response and advise. I would really appreciate if you help me with uploading of documents for super visa online submission. This is how i arrange the documents, please advise if i am doing it correctly or not ? Thanks

Invitation Letter

Letter of Invitation

Copy of my Passport

Marriage Certificate

Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter (required)

Promise Letter

My Bank statement

My Investment Statement

My Emp Letter

My NOA

My T4

My Pay Stub

Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

Father’s Bank statements (6 months)

Father’s FDR’s

Property letter

Purpose of Travel - Other (required)

Doctors Note (wife pregnant)

Travel Itinerary

Canadian Medical Insurance

Proof of Relationship (required)

My Birth Certificate

Client Information (optional)
Pictures

visalen

Aug 22, 2018

thank you so much Bryanna for you quick response and advise. I would really appreciate if you help me with uploading of documents for super visa online submission. This is how i arrange the documents, please advise if i am doing it correctly or not ? please assist thanks

Invitation Letter

Letter of Invitation

Copy of my Passport

Marriage Certificate

Promise Letter

My Bank statement

My Investment Statement

My Emp Letter

My NOA

My T4

My Pay Stub

Father’s FDR’s

Property letter

Travel Itinerary

My Birth Certificate

Pictures

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As she previously specified you need to wait until you get an NOA before you apply. You need establish yourself in Canada before you will get approved.

thank you so much Bryanna for you quick response and advise. I would really appreciate if you help me with uploading of documents for super visa online submission. This is how i arrange the documents, please advise if i am doing it correctly or not ? please assist thanks

Invitation Letter

Letter of Invitation

Copy of my Passport

Marriage Certificate

Promise Letter

My Bank statement

My Investment Statement

My Emp Letter

My NOA

My T4

My Pay Stub

Father’s FDR’s

Property letter

Travel Itinerary

My Birth Certificate

Pictures

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
mind your business, don't give advise to others if you don't know the details. Did i mentioned here that i am new to Canada and i don't have my NOA.
Idiot
I replied to your original post a few days ago and am pointing out why @Bryanna isn't responding to your various posts asking for her help. She offered advice already that you need to wait until you have an NOA to apply or we see supervisas denied. You have only been in Canada for 2 months and it will interpreted that you want your father to move with you to Canada.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
mind your business, don't give advise to others if you don't know the details. Did i mentioned here that i am new to Canada and i don't have my NOA.
Idiot
Hey @visalen..... @canuck78 is a senior member and she gives pretty good advice. It's not nice to be rude to someone who is kind enough to volunteer her time on this forum responding to people. Therefore, a tiny bit of graciousness will go a long way. Just my two cents.

I intended to reply to your posts today/on the weekend when I can spare a bit more time. I have seen that canuck78 has already responded to your queries. I will add my suggestions a bit later

Reactions: canuck78

visalen

Aug 22, 2018
Hey @visalen..... @canuck78 is a senior member and she gives pretty good advice. It's not nice to be rude to someone who is kind enough to volunteer her time on this forum responding to people. Therefore, a tiny bit of graciousness will go a long way. Just my two cents.

I intended to reply to your posts today/on the weekend when I can spare a bit more time. I have seen that canuck78 has already responded to your queries. I will add my suggestions a bit later
Hi,

Thanks for your post, but did you read canuck78 comment on my post. Does it make any sense ?. Not once but twice, she made comment to my post, but her advise is nothing to do with my question and situation. I wasn't expecting such a comment from a VIP member, who failed to understand someone's post and offering her irrelevant advice. Please check back my post and her comments and then may be you will understand my frustration. thanks for your help.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Letter of Invitation
It must also include details of your family composition.

Copy of my Passport

Marriage Certificate
Also, include copies of the PR cards of yourself and your spouse.

Do you meet LICO on your own? Or you meet LICO with your spouse's income?

[quote[Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)
Father’s Bank statements (6 months)[/quote]
Is he employed/ business or retired? If any of these then what documents will he include?

Father’s FDR’s
Are these locked-in (cumulative interest) or can be liquidated at any time?

Do include an FD Interest Certificate issued by the bank(s) + a letter from the bank(s) that states these FDs are not mortgaged.

Property letter
What documents will he submit for the property ownership?
Any mortgage?
Rented out?

A big no-no to stating your wife is pregnant even though your dad may not take care of your wife and new baby.

1. What other ties can your dad show? Dependent family members?
2. Has he traveled to other visa-required countries?