+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa LICO

zahidislam14

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

This is my first time posting. I need help regarding super visa (for my parents) and LICO. I have 6 family members (including my parents who I want to sponsor) and the LICO requirement according to cic website is $56,209. I am just $3000 shy of that, reason being is because my wife and I started our job mid year. The Notice of Assessment for last year shows our combined income as $53,000. I am thinking if we write a note and give our employment letters showing the yearly pay ($70000) it should be okay? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

nash_avatar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Brampton , Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo , USA
App. Filed.......
23 Nov 2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
zahidislam14 said:
Hello All,

This is my first time posting. I need help regarding super visa (for my parents) and LICO. I have 6 family members (including my parents who I want to sponsor) and the LICO requirement according to cic website is $56,209. I am just $3000 shy of that, reason being is because my wife and I started our job mid year. The Notice of Assessment for last year shows our combined income as $53,000. I am thinking if we write a note and give our employment letters showing the yearly pay ($70000) it should be okay? Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
NOA is the best document you can have followed by T4.
try to get letter from your Employer stating your position, full time or part time, yearly salary, joining date atcs.

I think if you combine them , it will be ok.

My T4 shows only 20K$ but i took employer letter and it worked for me.

Reactions: salimnw

zahidislam14

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Nash! That information will help me a lot. Hopefully I can bring them here.

nash_avatar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Brampton , Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo , USA
App. Filed.......
23 Nov 2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
zahidislam14 said:
Thank you Nash! That information will help me a lot. Hopefully I can bring them here.
Make sure that you add your pay checks also.

ASJ

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Hi nash_avatar,

I saw your post in "Super Visa LICO" thread dated March 24, 2014 and think your experience can be of help to me too as i also have similar issue.

I want to apply Super visa for my Parents and the minimum LICO required for a family of 4 (including parents) is $43,942.00. Me and my wife came to Canada in early 2013 and started working in mid 2013 so our income for 2013 is only $30,000.00 i.e. much less than what is required but 4 months back i changed my job and now our(me and my wife's) total income is 69,000.00.

From your post in the thread i believe you also had a same issue and you suggested zahidislam14 to apply with:
1. Your pay cheques
2. your job letter from current employer
3. T4 for last year
4. NOA for last year

I want to ask you did you managed to get super visa for your parents with similar situation?

Please reply. Your answer may help me get my parents here with me.

Many Thanks and Kind Regards,
ASJ

nash_avatar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Brampton , Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo , USA
App. Filed.......
23 Nov 2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
yeh, I got the super visa for my parents.
I didnt have enough money on my T4 but I successfully proved to them that my family earns more than LICO requirement. that worked for me.
ASJ said:
Hi nash_avatar,

I saw your post in "Super Visa LICO" thread dated March 24, 2014 and think your experience can be of help to me too as i also have similar issue.

I want to apply Super visa for my Parents and the minimum LICO required for a family of 4 (including parents) is $43,942.00. Me and my wife came to Canada in early 2013 and started working in mid 2013 so our income for 2013 is only $30,000.00 i.e. much less than what is required but 4 months back i changed my job and now our(me and my wife's) total income is 69,000.00.

From your post in the thread i believe you also had a same issue and you suggested zahidislam14 to apply with:
1. Your pay cheques
2. your job letter from current employer
3. T4 for last year
4. NOA for last year

I want to ask you did you managed to get super visa for your parents with similar situation?

Please reply. Your answer may help me get my parents here with me.

Many Thanks and Kind Regards,
ASJ

ASJ

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
nash_avatar said:
yeh, I got the super visa for my parents.
I didnt have enough money on my T4 but I successfully proved to them that my family earns more than LICO requirement. that worked for me.
Thanks for replying nash_avatar.

Please can you confirm the finance/money related documents which you provided with the application?

Regards,
ASJ

edson

Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWYORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
Med's Request
25-07-2012
Med's Done....
08-08-1012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
Hi Nash-Avatar
Can you please tell me how much properties or bank balance my parents should show on their name at back home to get super visa?
I am going to apply for super visa soon
Thank you

nash_avatar

Star Member
Jul 8, 2011
Brampton , Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo , USA
App. Filed.......
23 Nov 2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
19/12/2012
LANDED..........
09-02-2013
edson said:
Hi Nash-Avatar
Can you please tell me how much properties or bank balance my parents should show on their name at back home to get super visa?
I am going to apply for super visa soon
Thank you
super visa is more support based. If you meet the requirement, your parents dont have to show their property. They might show 5k or 10K in their account. There is no document required in any where during super visa process that parents have to show the prof of properties or bank balance.
it is all up to you, you should be financially strong to support them.

zahidislam14

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Nash,

Thank you again for the info on LICO. Can you tell me for how long did the visa officers stamp your mom's passport for? I am hearing that the it is upto the discretion of the visa officer to finalize the duration of their stay even though it says UP TO 24 MONTHS FOR SUPERVISA.

Also, if they were to apply on regular TRV, is a return ticket necessary? Look forward to hearning your experiences and thoughts on this.

Vikask

Feb 4, 2014
Yes you are right the visa officers have authority to stamp, that can restrict the stay, however of all the cases I have seen so far (and being in Insurance I have seen a lot) I have not encountered this case. There is a higher possibility of this happening on regular TRV.

Yes return ticket is necessary to prove to the immigration officials that you intend to return back to your home country and not stay back in Canada past your return date.

Regards

Vikas
If you would like to know more about Super Visa Insurance please contact me at vikas@punjabinsurance.ca

zahidislam14 said:
Hey Nash,

Thank you again for the info on LICO. Can you tell me for how long did the visa officers stamp your mom's passport for? I am hearing that the it is upto the discretion of the visa officer to finalize the duration of their stay even though it says UP TO 24 MONTHS FOR SUPERVISA.

Also, if they were to apply on regular TRV, is a return ticket necessary? Look forward to hearning your experiences and thoughts on this.

zahidislam14

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Vikask...are u to referring to the super visa when talking about the return ticket or regular TRV. Because it does not make sense to me in the case where a super visa is issued ( for UP TO 24 months).

Vikask

Feb 4, 2014
Zahid

I am talking about both. One of the thing that you need to keep in mind is that they have to prove strong ties to their home country - showing that they will eventually return back. With a one way ticket you are not showing their intention to return back to their home country.

Vikas

zahidislam14

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Vikas,

Ok. I think the fact that they visited here twice and both times went back before their visa expired is proof enough for the officers at the airport. Thank you for the info.

edson

Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWYORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
AOR Received.
24-02-2011
Med's Request
25-07-2012
Med's Done....
08-08-1012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-10-2012
Hi Nash,
Thank you for your answer about properties
Can you please tell me
1.what supporting document I need to show? I know about
Notice of Assessment
pay check
anything else?
2. LICO means family income of only one person's income who is sponsoring parents?
if family income than what proof we need to submit?

Thank you very much
your help will be really appriciated