+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa insurance with near regular Canadian healthcare benefits

jorgenmunk1983

Star Member
Mar 4, 2019
Hi all,

We are in Alberta applying for Super Visa for my Chinese mother in law, and we are trying to understand the insurance offerings out there.

My wife would like to have something better than just emergency medical coverage, like chiropractor, prescription, yearly check up and maybe access to a mandarin hotline?

It seems that Manulife and Allianz are the best in this area with insurances for around 2-3.000$ per year.

Does anybody have any experience with these or other premium insurances for super visa visitors staying 1-2 years at a time?

thank you and stay safe out there

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

We are in Alberta applying for Super Visa for my Chinese mother in law, and we are trying to understand the insurance offerings out there.

My wife would like to have something better than just emergency medical coverage, like chiropractor, prescription, yearly check up and maybe access to a mandarin hotline?

It seems that Manulife and Allianz are the best in this area with insurances for around 2-3.000$ per year.

Does anybody have any experience with these or other premium insurances for super visa visitors staying 1-2 years at a time?

thank you and stay safe out there
That doesn’t seem likely for only 2-3k a year especially for a senior. Many pay very similar price for a supervisa policy. Most insurance policies with that type of coverage will typically cost more than you would pay out of pocket and tend to be extremely expensive especially if purchasing as an individual and not provided from an employer for example. I would suggest verifying whether the policy actually covers what you are stating and that it is available for seniors. You could easily exceed the 2-3k a year which is why the pricing doesn’t make sense to me based on what you are stating would be covered.