Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
Hello Friends,

I am applying for my parents super visa. My parents are 67 and 65 years old. They already have visitor's visa and stayed upto 6 months in Canada. Now they are back in India and I am planning to apply for their super visa.

I tried to start application but no matter what option I select I only get visitor visa (not super visa) after online eligibility test.
I get option to stay back more than 6 months but not super visa.

Also in requested document, If i say they have conducted medical exam then they ask for that doc otherwise all remains same.
Is following super visa?

Application Quantity Price (CAD) per unit Total (CAD)
Visitor (includes SE, ME and EXT) 2 $100 $200

Their previous visa category is V -1 (Visitor - Multiple)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Super visa is a type of TRV (visitor visa).

Do check the instruction guide here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa-how.asp

Cheers

JIGS11

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
I got that but application process is same or different.

While seeing required documents for application, i dont see request for uploading insurance details worth 100000 cad.

May be i am missing something.

HKG

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
You can make a pdf of the insurance document and merge the pdf with financial documents and upload in proof of financial support.

Susan G

Jun 4, 2014
I have a big problem.... my parents are i canada visiting my sisters, they applied for supervisa, they filled the form for IMM5257E and some places the form asked for extension questions , they paid $200 each for both for super visa, and $100 each for extension, they applied for the super visa on JANUARY 19TH, now last month ( March) they got a mail saying they got a extension but no news on super visa till. Now we are worried because they have taken insurance for $4000 and he paid for the supervisa also. He has spent so much money and no updates. We can't find a right person to guide us in CIC , where to call or who to write too.
Please some one help, we are desperate, I don't want my parents to be robbed out of there money....

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Susan G said:
I have a big problem.... my parents are i canada visiting my sisters, they applied for supervisa, they filled the form for IMM5257E and some places the form asked for extension questions , they paid $200 each for both for super visa, and $100 each for extension, they applied for the super visa on JANUARY 19TH, now last month ( March) they got a mail saying they got a extension but no news on super visa till. Now we are worried because they have taken insurance for $4000 and he paid for the supervisa also. He has spent so much money and no updates. We can't find a right person to guide us in CIC , where to call or who to write too.
Please some one help, we are desperate, I don't want my parents to be robbed out of there money....
First things first, insurance is something you can postpone (coverage start date). So don't stress out thinking your $4000 is gone down the drain. Although I would suggest you buy insurance for them regardless of their stay in Canada as a visitor or as a super visa visitor. Medical bills are expensive. Don't think of insurance just as a required document for super visa, think about the much bigger repercussions of not having one.

Back to the point of multiple applications, you complicated your case by filing one too many applications. Did you check the status of your super visa application online? Unlike visitor visa application, super visa applications take about 3 months to be processed. So if you haven't heard anything back from CIC, it is most likely still being processed.

I would first try to link the application on CIC to get an idea of what is happening and if it still says "In Progress" you will have to wait it out. No point in withdrawing the application now as you won't be getting your processing fee back.

dahdahm

Jul 20, 2017
Hi JIGS11,

I'm having the exact same problem you had. No matter what I do, I can't find a section for medical insurance.

Can you update us on what you ended up doing and what happened to your file?

Thank you

dahdahm

Jul 20, 2017
Hello Friends,

I am applying for my parents super visa. My parents are 67 and 65 years old. They already have visitor's visa and stayed upto 6 months in Canada. Now they are back in India and I am planning to apply for their super visa.

I tried to start application but no matter what option I select I only get visitor visa (not super visa) after online eligibility test.
I get option to stay back more than 6 months but not super visa.

Also in requested document, If i say they have conducted medical exam then they ask for that doc otherwise all remains same.
Is following super visa?

Application Quantity Price (CAD) per unit Total (CAD)
Visitor (includes SE, ME and EXT) 2 $100 $200

Their previous visa category is V -1 (Visitor - Multiple)
Hi, I had the same problem but I figured it out so I'm posting this for posterity.

Basically, when they ask you "What is your relationship with your family member?" you should not answer "Parent/Grandparent", you should say "Child/Grandchild". That is, the family member (the sponsor) is the Child of the applicant (The parent).

Once you do that, you get the "Super Visa" option, where they ask you to submit proof of medical insurance.

whatsinaname

Mar 24, 2010
India
App. Filed.......
10-06-2018
Med's Done....
upfront
Hi, I had the same problem but I figured it out so I'm posting this for posterity.

Basically, when they ask you "What is your relationship with your family member?" you should not answer "Parent/Grandparent", you should say "Child/Grandchild". That is, the family member (the sponsor) is the Child of the applicant (The parent).

Once you do that, you get the "Super Visa" option, where they ask you to submit proof of medical insurance.
This!!!! Thank You. Yes, when you do this, you get options for uploading medical insurance as well as inviter's proof of income (T4 or Employment letter etc). Thank you for pointing this out. This helped me.

Sonal1989

Jan 4, 2019
Can you help me with I don’t see too many options while uploading the documents...I can see only passport, digital photo, upfront medical, invitation letter, form, proof of relationship, medical insurance, purpose of travel notice of assessment only.. but I have some documents like bank statements, job letter and pay stubs, CA valuation, marriage certificate where to upload these..I am confused
Might be I am giving some wrong answers
Could you please suggest what to do I am applying for super visa for my mother.