+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa for unemployed spouse mother

ranjitmech1987

Feb 14, 2019
We want to apply for my wife's mother for Super visa. My wife is pregnant with twins and currently is not working and her mother would be needed here to take care of the children and her after delivery. Even doctor has said that someone is needed to take care of her due to having twins and they can provide a supporting letter as well. Currently, only I am working and my wife is unemployed, so she can't show any income proof. Can we apply on my income proof? Does IRCC accept family income? We also have 2 rental units in both of our names. Can rental income qualify to be shown for income requirement?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We want to apply for my wife's mother for Super visa. My wife is pregnant with twins and currently is not working and her mother would be needed here to take care of the children and her after delivery. Even doctor has said that someone is needed to take care of her due to having twins and they can provide a supporting letter as well. Currently, only I am working and my wife is unemployed, so she can't show any income proof. Can we apply on my income proof? Does IRCC accept family income? We also have 2 rental units in both of our names. Can rental income qualify to be shown for income requirement?
Please don’t underline postings it makes it hard to read. Yes your combined family income can count for a supervisa . You would submit your NOA which would show your total income earned last year which should include your rental income. NOA is the preferred proof of income earned for a supervisa. Your wife’s mother can’t care for your wife and children because that would be considered work. She can try to come to provide emotional support. If anything letters from a doctor highlighting pregnancy can often hurt an application so there isn’t a need to include it unless there are complications with the pregnancy. The exception is if there is a serious medical condition where someone is hospitalized, undergoing a major surgery (c-section would not be considered), someone is alone in Canada and facing a serious medical issue, death is a possibility, etc. If for example your wife was on strict bed rest and you had other children at home then that would be a reason to get a doctor’s note to explain that your wife has to be on strict bed rest with a toddler at home. Just a reminder that father’s are expected to care for their children as well in Canada and it is possible although difficult to care for children on your own even without a partner who is able to help during non-working hours. Even the doctor will tell you that women can take care of their babies without help especially with some support from a spouse as long as they take it easy. For example a husband would be expected to help cook and clean, lift anything heavier than the baby, etc. especially if a wife has a c-section. It would be nice if her mother can enjoy seeing her new grandchildren but I would focus more on coming to visit family versus need because of birth to eliminate any concern about illegal work. I would apply as soon as possible because TRVs can take multiple months to process. Would highlight that you MIL’s husband will remain at home to create a time to her home country plus state any other ties and include proof of her own funds although your income earned plus your own savings are more important for a supervisa.

jk2ca10

Oct 5, 2019
Please don’t underline postings it makes it hard to read. Yes your combined family income can count for a supervisa . You would submit your NOA which would show your total income earned last year which should include your rental income. NOA is the preferred proof of income earned for a supervisa. Your wife’s mother can’t care for your wife and children because that would be considered work. She can try to come to provide emotional support. If anything letters from a doctor highlighting pregnancy can often hurt an application so there isn’t a need to include it unless there are complications with the pregnancy. The exception is if there is a serious medical condition where someone is hospitalized, undergoing a major surgery (c-section would not be considered), someone is alone in Canada and facing a serious medical issue, death is a possibility, etc. If for example your wife was on strict bed rest and you had other children at home then that would be a reason to get a doctor’s note to explain that your wife has to be on strict bed rest with a toddler at home. Just a reminder that father’s are expected to care for their children as well in Canada and it is possible although difficult to care for children on your own even without a partner who is able to help during non-working hours. Even the doctor will tell you that women can take care of their babies without help especially with some support from a spouse as long as they take it easy. For example a husband would be expected to help cook and clean, lift anything heavier than the baby, etc. especially if a wife has a c-section. It would be nice if her mother can enjoy seeing her new grandchildren but I would focus more on coming to visit family versus need because of birth to eliminate any concern about illegal work. I would apply as soon as possible because TRVs can take multiple months to process. Would highlight that you MIL’s husband will remain at home to create a time to her home country plus state any other ties and include proof of her own funds although your income earned plus your own savings are more important for a supervisa.
That's why my husband's cousin sister couldn't get visa to help me for my delivery. My incompetent consultant assured me I could get visa for her with doctor's note.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That's why my husband's cousin sister couldn't get visa to help me for my delivery. My incompetent consultant assured me I could get visa for her with doctor's note.
Many are under the false impression that a doctor’s opinion will overrule any concern from IRCC. Same for MP letter it has no or minimal impact on an TRV application. The one exception is if there is a serious medical issue. In that case a doctor’s note is helpful.

jk2ca10

Oct 5, 2019
Many are under the false impression that a doctor’s opinion will overrule any concern from IRCC. Same for MP letter it has no or minimal impact on an TRV application. The one exception is if there is a serious medical issue. In that case a doctor’s note is helpful.
Hi
Thanks for your helpful information.
I even ordered GCMS notes to see the reasons for refusal but it kept saying purpose of visit not consistent etc. What makes me mad is that it said she lacked travel history which is BS because she travelled to New Zealand twice to be with her daughter and grandson. I could not fill for reconsideration because she wanted to go to New Zealand again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
Thanks for your helpful information.
I even ordered GCMS notes to see the reasons for refusal but it kept saying purpose of visit not consistent etc. What makes me mad is that it said she lacked travel history which is BS because she travelled to New Zealand twice to be with her daughter and grandson. I could not fill for reconsideration because she wanted to go to New Zealand again.
The fact that she is isn’t a close relative would likely be one of the issues. How much savings did she show? How long did she ask to visit? What was the reason for the visit? What other ties did she show to her home country, etc. What is her citizenship. Travel history was unlikely to have made a big difference.

jk2ca10

Oct 5, 2019
She had like around 10,000 CAD in savings. She is Indian. Her husband is retired Indian army personnel who gets pension. Both do farming together. I asked her to come for 3 months to help me as I was pregnant. They have some properties and she couldn't stay longer than 3 months because she has to be in India during summer months for farming and in New Zealand during winter months.