+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa for Retired Dad

KhalRef

Mar 31, 2015
Hi everyone, I am in the process of applying for my dad for a super visa to visit me in Canada, wondering what is better to mention regarding his employment status, as he is retired and at the same time he still working for the same people,

please advise

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone, I am in the process of applying for my dad for a super visa to visit me in Canada, wondering what is better to mention regarding his employment status, as he is retired and at the same time he still working for the same people,

please advise
So he is working.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Am asking what is better to mention!?
Either - he needs to show strong ties, so if he can do that without stating his work then say retired. If he states working, he will need to show that he has proof of employment stating he can take time off to visit.

KhalRef

Mar 31, 2015
Either - he needs to show strong ties, so if he can do that without stating his work then say retired. If he states working, he will need to show that he has proof of employment stating he can take time off to visit.
The thing is I am applying for a super visa, and this type of visa is only for parents who want to stay more than 6 months on a single visit. Did you get why I am asking? if he is working how he will stay 6 months out of his job!?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The thing is I am applying for a super visa, and this type of visa is only for parents who want to stay more than 6 months on a single visit. Did you get why I am asking? if he is working how he will stay 6 months out of his job!?
So state retired with proof of ties to home country. He still needs to show ties to home country.