+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa for parents: Biometric collection letter received for primary applicant only

theontarioguy

May 4, 2018
Hi,
We have submitted the super visa application for my parents on April 10,2023 and got the biometric collection letter for my father(primary applicant) after few hours. No biometric collection letter has been sent to my mother’s account yet.

I also noticed that for my father he got three other messages in his account(Submission confirmation, Confirmation of Online Transmission and Client summary) but my mother’s account don’t have the Client summary message ( just have Submission confirmation and Confirmation of Online Transmission)

Any idea if it’s normal to have biometric collection letter to be sent to only Primary applicant and is delayed for secondary applicant.

Kinan_bm

Mar 25, 2017
I have the same issue, I applied for super visa for my parents on April 7 , with my mother as the main applicant, my father got the biometric instructions letter on the same day , my mother didn’t receive any biometric letter but she received the submission confirmation and client summary and the online confirmation. I don’t know why but this is very annoying because they won’t start processing the application before the biometric

kvk1981

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Hi,
We have submitted the super visa application for my parents on April 10,2023 and got the biometric collection letter for my father(primary applicant) after few hours. No biometric collection letter has been sent to my mother’s account yet.

I also noticed that for my father he got three other messages in his account(Submission confirmation, Confirmation of Online Transmission and Client summary) but my mother’s account don’t have the Client summary message ( just have Submission confirmation and Confirmation of Online Transmission)

Any idea if it’s normal to have biometric collection letter to be sent to only Primary applicant and is delayed for secondary applicant.
HI, did you receive the Biometric Collection Letter for your mother?

pyramid7799

Star Member
May 23, 2021
Facing a similar issue, got BCL for my father but not my mother. Filed on 16th April, and thought would get it by 17th eod. but nothing yet.

ying231

Mar 13, 2023
same situation here, I applied super visa for my parents on April 17, and my father got his client application summary right away and got his biometric collection letter in 4 hours but nothing for my mom, my mom didn't even get an UCI number. don't know what happened. my mom is the primary applicant.

Last edited:

ying231

Mar 13, 2023
Hi,

hi @ theontarioguy, did you get all documents for your mom?

kvk1981

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
I just heard from another friend of mine who applied on April 13th. He got an email requesting to pay the biometric fee for his father (mother already got the Biometric letter). He already paid $370 ($100 Visa + $85 Biometric ×2). He is paying $85 again and will claim refund once biometrics are done

ying231

Mar 13, 2023
I just heard from another friend of mine who applied on April 13th. He got an email requesting to pay the biometric fee for his father (mother already got the Biometric letter). He already paid $370 ($100 Visa + $85 Biometric ×2). He is paying $85 again and will claim refund once biometrics are done
Really? I paid $370 for my partents too, hope I will not face the same situation.
But if this happened, how to claim the refund?

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Hello,
Group Application sent today and no sign of biometrics. Normally Biometric letter would come right away after submitting the application. Anyone know how long it can take?

kvk1981

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
Hello,
Group Application sent today and no sign of biometrics. Normally Biometric letter would come right away after submitting the application. Anyone know how long it can take?
Normally takes few hours or next business day. Let us know if you got Biometrics Letters for all in the group or not

Reactions: kittenlover

ying231

Mar 13, 2023
Hello,
I applied super visa for both my parents on April 17 morning, got my father's biometrics collection letter in the afternoon, still didn't get my mom's BCL YET.

kvk1981

Star Member
Mar 2, 2023
I applied super visa for both my parents on April 17 morning, got my father's biometrics collection letter in the afternoon, still didn't get my mom's BCL YET.
I think it's a system glitch in the portal and all of us are facing the same issue