+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa for my mother in law

satdeb

Dec 5, 2016
Hi,

We applied the super visa for my mother in law on 3rd of June 2019 with detailed documentation. Received the biometric request just in 2 days and completed on 7th June 2019. Now as a next step we are still waiting for the medical test request ( I guess that’s the next step) etc. It’s been a month we did not get any notification.
I have already booked her ticket from India on 3rd August 19. The Super visa official site says it takes 33 days for the full processing. However, in my case it’s already been 31 days.
I have no idea when they are going to send the next step info as I need my in laws during delivery of my baby. Anyone has any suggestions?

Regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

We applied the super visa for my mother in law on 3rd of June 2019 with detailed documentation. Received the biometric request just in 2 days and completed on 7th June 2019. Now as a next step we are still waiting for the medical test request ( I guess that’s the next step) etc. It’s been a month we did not get any notification.
I have already booked her ticket from India on 3rd August 19. The Super visa official site says it takes 33 days for the full processing. However, in my case it’s already been 31 days.
I have no idea when they are going to send the next step info as I need my in laws during delivery of my baby. Anyone has any suggestions?

Regards
The posted processing time on the IRCC web site is only an estimate - it's by no means a guaranteed processing time. Processing can often take a few months to complete. You should have waited to book the airline ticket until she had an approved visa.

There's nothing you can do but wait.

Reactions: canuck78

satdeb

Dec 5, 2016
Thanks for your reply!

Actually, I did the ticket because one of my friend is coming from India to Canada in the same day and mother in law also travelling for the 1st time. So, to make it convenient for her I made the ticket accordingly. Now could you please suggest if I need to apply for normal visitors visa for her so that she can come on that day at least. Secondly, can calling CIC help?

Any inputs or suggestions are highly appreciated!

Regards!

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply!

Actually, I did the ticket because one of my friend is coming from India to Canada in the same day Andy mother in law also travelling for the 1st time. So, to make it convenient for her I made the ticket accordingly. Now could you please suggest if I need to apply for normal visitors visa for her so that she can come on that day at least. Secondly, can calling CIC help?

Any inputs or suggestions are highly appreciated!

Regards!
You should not have purchased the airline ticket before the visa was approved.

Calling CIC will not help in any way. They will not expedite processing.

I would wait for the results of the super visa application. If you apply for a normal visitor visa, there's absolutely no guarantee processing will be done in time. Normal visitor visas can take months to process as well. Of course it's your choice what you do.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So, what’s the max time they will take, anyone have any recent worst experience?
There's really no max time. Some people wait 4-6 months for a response to their application. This is why it's never recommended to buy a ticket in advance.

satdeb

Dec 5, 2016
4 to 6 month is too late.Sounds like trouble.
Can someone suggest one thing - If I apply for normal visitor visa ( my friend recently applied and got for his mon in 2 weeks)
1) What will be the impact on super visa? Will CIC reject that?
2) Secondly, say for example my mother in law will get the normal visitor visa and will come to Canada, can the remaining medical etc done from Canada for Super visa?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi,

Regards
Did you put the reason for her visit was because of the pregnancy?