+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa for my dad - refused

Sdnm

Aug 17, 2016
Hello-

We applied supervisa for my dad in Oct this year and it got refused due to following reasons:

1. Purpose of visit
2. Strong family ties in Canada and in country of residence.
3. Any history of contravening the condition of admission of previous stay in Canada.

My dad has previous condition where if overstayed in Canada back in the year 1979. And now all of us my sister(PR) and my brother(work visa) and myself(applied spousal visa) are settled in Canada and my dad wants visit Canada because all of us are here and my mom passed away in 2016.

Almost 36 years have gone and my dad has lived all his life and have assets and business in home country.
can anyone suggest what should we do? should we reapply ? They have mentioned in the refusal letter that we can reapply.

Please help.
thanks and regards
sdnm

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Maybe try applying for a regular visitor visa for a 2-3 week trip.

Exactly what evidence did he provide to show proof of ties to his home country?

Once of the challenges your father faces is it sounds like he has no remaining immediate family in his home country - and everyone is in Canada. This means he has very strong familial ties to Canada and likely makes CIC concerned he has plans on remaining long term.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello-

We applied supervisa for my dad in Oct this year and it got refused due to following reasons:

1. Purpose of visit
2. Strong family ties in Canada and in country of residence.
3. Any history of contravening the condition of admission of previous stay in Canada.

My dad has previous condition where if overstayed in Canada back in the year 1979. And now all of us my sister(PR) and my brother(work visa) and myself(applied spousal visa) are settled in Canada and my dad wants visit Canada because all of us are here and my mom passed away in 2016.

Almost 36 years have gone and my dad has lived all his life and have assets and business in home country.
can anyone suggest what should we do? should we reapply ? They have mentioned in the refusal letter that we can reapply.

Please help.
thanks and regards
sdnm
Did he work when he overstayed in 1979?

Why did he overstay?

Sdnm

Aug 17, 2016

Why did he overstay?
Yes he did work and overstayed in Canada in 1979. Someone complained about his overstay.
Maybe try applying for a regular visitor visa for a 2-3 week trip.

Exactly what evidence did he provide to show proof of ties to his home country?

Once of the challenges your father faces is it sounds like he has no remaining immediate family in his home country - and everyone is in Canada. This means he has very strong familial ties to Canada and likely makes CIC concerned he has plans on remaining long term.

Why did he overstay?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
i dont know the exact reason why he overstayed..Also we did applied visitor visa last year for my brother's convocation and they refused that too.
His family ties to Canada far outweigh those to his home country. This negatively impacts his chances of being approved for a TRV.

You may want to order case notes/GCMS/ATIP