+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa extension or what other options

ykhehra1

May 1, 2014
My mom (widow) is visiting us since 2008 on multiple entry visitor visa till 2017.
She never had intention to live permanent here, So we never applied PR for her even we were eligible since 2006 (except 2007 and 2012 as my wife was on mat leave).

Then in Jan 2012 situation changed, my brother her other son (unmarried, no kids; one of her two children) passed away while she was visiting us here in Canada. When me and my mom came back after 4 weeks from his cremation, the officer at Vancouver airport suggest me that we can extend her stay by applying after listening situation that I, my wife and two kids are only family she have now. Then she get one extension, and then we visited back country in April 2013.
After six months we were planing to apply extension, but she got invitation for child birth celebration in USA. We applied for US visa and she got 10yrs multi-entry. when she returned after spending 3+ weeks in celebrations at USA, the officer at Edmonton airport called me for interpretation and accused us that she just made her US visit to extend her visa. I told him that there were guest from 4 countries in Celebrations and we can provide proof if needed. But I also told him yes we want her to stay here for 6 more months and I was going to apply for extensions. He insist us to apply PR even knowing there was halt on them. I told him that she had return ticket on march 2014. He give her paper with must return on her return flight+3 days. she has return after 6 months so we thought we will apply super visa after she return in 2014

She return in March and came back after 5 weeks a week ago. Now again officer at Edmonton called me in for interpretation and reduced her stay just for a month. He again insist us to apply PR, I told him rules changed to show 3yrs above cut off income and don't fulfill it 2012 due to mat leave. He replied even we knew it rejected still we should had applied. Then he we should have applied super visa, when I asked him what the difference other then 2yrs stretch and we are ok with breaks in 6 months or extention. He said there is no difference but still its super visa. He said she is staying longer in Canada then her home country and she can't do. When I asked him that is there a rule for minimum time required between visits, he no.

Then I asked him if she can apply for extension or super visa in Canada please give stay for 3-4 months to do that. He didn't bulge and said extension is not easy for her anymore after cic read remarks he left and he said next time she might not allowed to enter even she have visa till 2017.

After this I can't take risk and send her back next months to to find out can't enter Canada anymore.

I am think to apply super visa(in Canada) this week and then H&C as we won't be eligible in 2015 due to low income in 2012.

If she applied super visa extension, she still get implied status as one get on regular visitor visa extension?

Or what should we do, suggest please. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks

ykhehra1

May 1, 2014
Is there a difference in applying online or by mail for super visa extension. I called cic today, the rep said we should apply by mail, but latter I found that it can be applied online.

what to do? And implied status on super visa (in Canada) works same as regular extension?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I asked him that is there a rule for minimum time required between visits, he no.
He was right in terms that VISITOR visa allows its holder to VISIT Canada and not to live in Canada what actually your mom HAS BEEN DOING all this time. Also, if you wanted her to live in Canada with you , you should bother about that and follow the rules of immigration. CIC owes you nothing in any case of your family distress or low income. Multiple -entry has nothing to do with staying in Canada as long as you wish.

Super Visa allows to live in Canada up to 2 years without applying for extension every 6 months. During those 2 years you could start her PR process asking CIC for a permission to stay in Canada during the process based on H&C grounds.

Vikask

Feb 4, 2014
ykhehra1 said:
Or what should we do, suggest please. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks
I suggest you apply for Super Visa as it will allow her to stay here for up to 2 years and will reduce her travelling back and forth frequently.

Remember there is a LICO limit that you need to check before applying as well as get the Super Visa Insurance.

Thank you

Vikas Khanna
(604) 616-3141
vikas@punjabinsurance.ca

ykhehra1

May 1, 2014
Thanks Regina, In 2012 I saw some posts in forum that one can only apply H&C if extension to visitor visa get denied. We have family income of 95K+ for last 5 years except in 2012 due to mat leave, Govt should have provision for mat leave cases so families don't suffer to give birth to child.

I am applying her super visa extension this week, so we get enough time to apply for her H&C application.

PS. I see some typos in my first post, but couldn't find edit option to fix them?