+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa extension of stay

kpsingh242424

Mar 10, 2019
hi, my mom is on super visa, her initial stay is till nov 2021, but we'd like to extend it for about an year more due to covid related fears
while applying for the extension I found out that it might take longer than 6 months to get the extension letter and also they might ask for her medicals again as well.
My question is - if we apply for extension, can she go back to our home country before her extension letter is issued?
what happens if her medical is requested and she is already in India? do we still do the medicals?
as it is a super visa - she will be eligible to come back and stay for up to 2 years again. I'm confused.

thanks for your help!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
hi, my mom is on super visa, her initial stay is till nov 2021, but we'd like to extend it for about an year more due to covid related fears
while applying for the extension I found out that it might take longer than 6 months to get the extension letter and also they might ask for her medicals again as well.
My question is - if we apply for extension, can she go back to our home country before her extension letter is issued?
what happens if her medical is requested and she is already in India? do we still do the medicals?
as it is a super visa - she will be eligible to come back and stay for up to 2 years again. I'm confused.

thanks for your help!
If she plans to leave, then you do not need to apply for extension. Extension is invalid once she leaves Canada.
She will be eligible to come back but that and how long for the next stay is up to the CBSA officer.

kpsingh242424

Mar 10, 2019
If she plans to leave, then you do not need to apply for extension. Extension is invalid once she leaves Canada.
She will be eligible to come back but that and how long for the next stay is up to the CBSA officer.
but the plan is to leave after her current stay expires. my concern is -
example her stay expires in nov. and we need to file for extension in oct
now she plans to leave in January. but what if we get a medical request for example, after she has left Canada in January?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
now she plans to leave in January. but what if we get a medical request for example, after she has left Canada in January?
Cancel the extension request once she left the country.

Reactions: kpsingh242424

Gurinavi

Jul 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-04-2017
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
File Transfer...
12-12-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2018
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
06-4-2018

thanks for your help!
is the supervisa valid? like in my father case his passport is Expired in Oct 2021, we renew here and apply for extension, they said if he go back to country then he has to apply for new visa as well . now we are waiting for extension applied in June 2021, still waiting

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If she stays past the end of the 2 year stay she has already stayed on using the extension so yes she can be asked to do a medical even if she has left. You can try get out of the medical by sending a webform once she leaves Canada but not guaranteed she won’t still have to do the medical. If she leaves before November she won’t have to do the medical.

kpsingh242424

Mar 10, 2019
is the supervisa valid? like in my father case his passport is Expired in Oct 2021, we renew here and apply for extension, they said if he go back to country then he has to apply for new visa as well . now we are waiting for extension applied in June 2021, still waiting
got it. yeah the super visa is valid till 2028