+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Extension - Help needed

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi all,

I need a little bit of advise on my mother's super visa application.
Here is background information to help your understanding of the situation.

- My mom is currently in Canada with Super Visa that was issued for 2 years back in 2016
- We would like to apply to extend her stay for more than a year as she is currently applying for PR under PGP which is in progress
- We've done it through immigration lawyer for initial application, but I would like to do it myself for this time, so bear with me if I'm asking dumb questions

So, here are my few questions:

- As I confirmed with IRCC representative, the process would be exactly same for extending visitor visa with some additional documents required for Super Visa (i.e. financial requirement from my perspective, pay stub, Employment Verification, family relationship proof government issue docs and T4s). What are the additional documents that I need to prepare other than I mentioned?
- While I was preparing the application to get Personal Reference Code, I was filing it for my mom, and was not quite sure about the question like following:
- Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older? - I answered it as "YES"
- How are you related to your family member? - This one is confusing, I'm not quite sure which one I should answer. Is this "Parent/grandparent"? or "Child/grandchild"?
- Is there any specific IRCC page explaining about Super Visa preparation details? I can only seem to find the one for generic visitor visa application.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
- As I confirmed with IRCC representative, the process would be exactly same for extending visitor visa with some additional documents required for Super Visa (i.e. financial requirement from my perspective, pay stub, Employment Verification, family relationship proof government issue docs and T4s). What are the additional documents that I need to prepare other than I mentioned?
Your bank statement + medical insurance coverage for the extension

- Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older? - I answered it as "YES"
- How are you related to your family member? - This one is confusing, I'm not quite sure which one I should answer. Is this "Parent/grandparent"? or "Child/grandchild"?
Your mom is applying for the extension
- Is there any specific IRCC page explaining about Super Visa preparation details? I can only seem to find the one for generic visitor visa application.
Why would you need this?