+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa extansion

BOXSIR

Nov 30, 2013
hi All

My Mom Got Super Visa in 2012 for upto her passports validity which was 2 years.
she came in canada last year and left after 4 months . now she is coming again in March 2014 and her visa is expiring in MAY 2014,
Can we extend super visa within canada during her stay.?
thanks in advance

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Has she renewed her passport? If not, she can stay just a few moths only (if the customs let her in).

BOXSIR

Nov 30, 2013
thanks Suin,
yes she has already renewed her passport for next five years.
can she get two more years extansion on Airport at time of arraival, or we need to apply within canada during her stay?
Please advise

thanks

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
if it is a super visa and she can show one year medical insurance, can request CBSA officer to grant upto 2 years.

sbhusan

Apr 22, 2008
There are two options 1. you can apply for visitor record extension upto 2 years.this is not supervisa.this allows to extend the current stay upto 2 years
2.Apply for supervisa to cpp-Ottawa when inside Canada. remember it may take 4-5 months of processing time as per my experience. This will allow to stay upto 2 years on each entry. If you apply for supervisa on the country of your residence it may be faster than applying to CPP-Ottawa.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
There is no real supervisa within Canada ( its basically an extension ), we got it done for 1.5 years as long you can show meds have been done - there is no need to show insurance too ( unless they insist )
When she lands, she can ask if she can get 2 years, if they don't stamp a date - its 2 years if visa is supervisa, 6 months if its regualr visit visa. if its a date then extend after 6 months to 2 years like any other extension

Haitokin

Star Member
Aug 28, 2011
Are you speaking about a multi-entry visa that doesn't require proof of insurance? Because the super visa is issued for ten years and doesn't need to be extended. In this person's case, their passport expired...but they were asking about getting time based on havinga super visa, not a visitor visa.

That would be the first time I have ever heard of a person with a super visa not being asked for proof of insurance. Now, with the new multi-entry visas, more and more people are also being asked to show proof of insurance to get that visa, depending on their medical exams. I have seen these type of requests over the last year with people receiving multi-entry visa's. Can anyone confirm this will be the new trend?

User828, when you didn't have to show any insurance, that was because it was for a multi-entry visa, right? And the medical tests didn't show any issues that would make them ask for insurance too?

Thanks for reply.

I'd encourage super visa applicants to get a quote from a comparable resource like BestQuote Travel Insurance Agency (it's free, instant, and you don't need to engage with a saleperson with questions until you are ready). BestQuote has all the visitor to Canada policies, so you'll always find the better (or cheaper) policies on your quote, and they make it easy to review the details of each policy:

https://www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca/super-visa-insurance

They'll also answer any of your questions, and help guide you in the right direction.

sbhusan

Apr 22, 2008
user828: there is supervisa within canada as cpp-ottawa which is basically handling part of USA application is open for supervisa application within canada and i got it for my parents.and its not a one time extension. one time extensions are sent to cpc vegreville.
When cpp -ottawa issued supervisa it cancelled the existing visitor visa and issued a new pg visa.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
sbhusan said:
user828: there is supervisa within canada as cpp-ottawa which is basically handling part of USA application is open for supervisa application within canada and i got it for my parents.and its not a one time extension. one time extensions are sent to cpc vegreville.
When cpp -ottawa issued supervisa it cancelled the existing visitor visa and issued a new pg visa.
Are your folks green card holders? coz afaik, u need to apply for supervisa from country but you picked US visa office ( CPP-O as office ) - didn't the form have any question on status in US?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa-how.asp

To get a parent and grandparent super visa, apply to the visa office or visa application centre (VAC) that serves your country or region. You must also send other documents to support your application

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Haitokin said:
Are you speaking about a multi-entry visa that doesn't require proof of insurance? Because the super visa is issued for ten years and doesn't need to be extended. In this person's case, their passport expired...but they were asking about getting time based on havinga super visa, not a visitor visa.

Yes, it was regular extension

That would be the first time I have ever heard of a person with a super visa not being asked for proof of insurance. Now, with the new multi-entry visas, more and more people are also being asked to show proof of insurance to get that visa, depending on their medical exams. I have seen these type of requests over the last year with people receiving multi-entry visa's. Can anyone confirm this will be the new trend?

Parents were asked for meds when they applied for Multiple in India but no insurance requirement

User828, when you didn't have to show any insurance, that was because it was for a multi-entry visa, right? And the medical tests didn't show any issues that would make them ask for insurance too?

Not related, issue or not, insurance is an option ( unless its supervisa )

Thanks for reply.

I'd encourage super visa applicants to get a quote from a comparable resource like BestQuote Travel Insurance Agency (it's free, instant, and you don't need to engage with a saleperson with questions until you are ready). BestQuote has all the visitor to Canada policies, so you'll always find the better (or cheaper) policies on your quote, and they make it easy to review the details of each policy:

https://www.bestquotetravelinsurance.ca/super-visa-insurance

They'll also answer any of your questions, and help guide you in the right direction.
We were never interested in supervisa as our sponsorship app was already running so extended 6mo then 1 year ( we have done this on 3 other occasions in last 10 years as well - 6+6+6)

sbhusan

Apr 22, 2008
user828: my parents does not have any status in USA. i had the same understanding as yours until i got this reply from CPP-ottawa.

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 3:56 PM, CPP-CTP-OTTAWA-TRV-VRT <CPP-CTP-OTTAWA-TRV-VRT@cic.gc.ca> wrote:

Dear Client,

The Temporary Resident Unit of the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (“CPP-O”) is able to process Super Visa applications if the applicant is currently in Canada under a valid status.

For your information, the applicant may have a valid status (tourist or Visitor Record) during the all process. As the processing time could take several weeks, the applicant may extend his/her stay in Canada by submitting an application to the CPC Vegreville (AB): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp, in order to obtain a new Visitor Record.

Once the status has been extended (if needed), the applicant is able to send his/her application to our office:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/supervisa.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

Please note that the applicant may include a proof that he/she will travel outside of Canada. Once he/she receives the Super Visa, the applicant needs to enter to Canada to validate his/her Super Visa.

Sincerely,

Section des résidents temporaires | Temporary Resident Unit - FC5785

Centre de Traitement Pilote - Ottawa | Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada | Citizenship and Immigration Canada
365 avenue Laurier ouest, Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 365 Laurier Ave. West, Ottawa ON K1A 0C1

Adresse postale : Case postale 9640, Ottawa ON K1G 6T2| Mailing address: P.O. Box 9640, Ottawa ON K1G 6T2
Télécopieur | Facimile : 613-946-6059

Courriel I Email : cpp-ctp-ottawa-trv-vrt@cic.gc.ca

Site : www.cic.gc.ca

Disclaimer: By supplying your email address, you are initiating an email communication with CIC and thereby authorizing CIC to use your email address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case.

+++++++++++++++

Désistement : En fournissant votre adresse électronique, vous établissez une communication par voie électronique avec CIC et, par conséquent, CIC est autorisé à utiliser l'adresse électronique fournie à cette fin, y compris pour la transmission de renseignements personnels au sujet de votre dossier/cas.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Very Very informative, the way they have portrayed it in the FAQ's, it seems its only possible via home country

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
Thank you very much for sharing this Sbhusan.