isy1

Jul 12, 2019
My mom's timeline (so far)

Confirmation of Online Application Transmission - July 1, 2019
Submission Confirmation - July 1, 2019
Biometrics Collection Letter - July 3, 2019
Correspondence Letter - July 12, 2019
Original Passport Request - July 12, 2019

Her medical was done upfront and before the online application, her biometrics was done last July 10 and was booked online.

She's from Cebu (2nd largest city in Philippines), so the drop off of passport will go round to Manila --- maybe? I will update once she gets the passport back.

Considering July 1 is Canada day.. It took 9-days to turn around this ordinary online application, no expedite, no MP needed... Wow. I'm freaking impressed.

Welcome to Canada mom! I will see you soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: joypink and bojoi7

isy1

Jul 12, 2019
When I migrated from Philippines to Canada ~9 years ago -- landed PR as Federal Skilled Worker and without a college degree, it took me and my wife less than 8 months end-to-end processing. I guess I am lucky in both cases.

lachy_

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
4--5-2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017

Her biometrics was July 10 as she booked online.

She's from Cebu (2nd largest city in Philippines, so her drop off her passport and will round to Manila --- maybe?)

I will update once she gets the visa on the passport...

Considering July 1 is Canada day.. It took 9 days to turn around. Wow. I'm freaking impressed.

Congrats! Does your mom have job or properties declared and travel history? I'm asking coz my parent are both seniors and no bank account though they both have a recent travel to HK as tourist. Im planning to apply supervisa for both of them. Can you also share the insurance company you use for her application. Im in Calgary AB.

isy1

Jul 12, 2019
my mom never had a job, was a housewife her entire life. No property, she lives in my sister's house.

the bank passbook was scanned, but it was not uploaded in the online application. my mom went to Singapore as a tourist 4 years ago, for a few days I believe. She too is a senior.

I just got a local "Super Visa" insurance company -- those that you can see advertisements in bus stops/bus benches, nothing special -- gave a prepaid visa card over the phone and got papers same day.

Reactions: lachy_

lachy_

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
4--5-2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
my mom never had a job, was a housewife her entire life. No property, she lives in my sister's house.

the bank passbook was scanned, but it was not uploaded in the online application. my mom went to Singapore as a tourist 4 years ago, for a few days I believe. She too is a senior.

I just got a local "Super Visa" insurance company -- those that you can see advertisements in bus stops/bus benches, nothing special -- gave a prepaid visa card over the phone and got papers same day.
Thanks for the info! Another question, did your mom get a 10 yrs Supervisa?

isy1

Jul 12, 2019
I don't know yet, her passport has been requested and she's dropping it off this Monday (Philippine) time.
In Manila, it looks like stamping and claim takes 4-days, so for Cebu, I will expect a week or so.

I will update.

engineeredbygod

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Wow. My mom just applied today for her app and biometrics. Vfs manila says result will be two weeks time though. She did not do up front medical. Lets see waiting game. Praying.
Congrats to ur momma.

Abot sa bbq and summer escapade.

kys11

Jul 15, 2019

Her medical was done upfront and before the online application, her biometrics was done last July 10 and was booked online.

She's from Cebu (2nd largest city in Philippines), so the drop off of passport will go round to Manila --- maybe? I will update once she gets the passport back.

Considering July 1 is Canada day.. It took 9-days to turn around this ordinary online application, no expedite, no MP needed... Wow. I'm freaking impressed.

Applied super visa for parents online June 2,2019 with upfront medical , Parents given Bio-metrics on June 6,2019 ,but updated only father file on June 6,2019 ,there is nothing change in application status showing only under process, today i got other email for bio-metrics letter for mother , but she did bio-metrics on June 6,2019
why it so happen? application status still under process never update her bio-metrics on her file, i sent proof of her bio metrics ID# , but they sent to me again bio-metrics letter.is anyone facing same problem?

isy1

Jul 12, 2019
my advise.. just follow the biometrics letter and have your mom go through it again.
I believe there is a deadline to do such thing, and if you have the letter that means to say the service is already pre-paid.

I hope the biometrics place/center not too far from where they are.

good luck.

isy1

Jul 12, 2019
Update on mycic Dashboard:

July 17, 2019 Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details.

isy1

Jul 12, 2019
Update:

July 25, 2019 - got passport back with Visa. valid for up to my mom's passport expiry (which was new too, and 10 years)
Multiple - Category PG-1

joypink

Aug 27, 2013

Hi, was wondering how you do upfront medical? I applied my Mom online

isy1

Jul 12, 2019
Hi, was wondering how you do upfront medical? I applied my Mom online
simply by following the instructions in this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html#when

booked online with the medical center.
my mom went to the center with passport -- paid locally, just said "for canada super visa" and they understood it. In an out in an hour and got papers "medical information sheet" right away.

isy1

Jul 12, 2019
oh, and i really wanted my mom to get medical first so Id know if she'll qualify. I don't want to spend $insurance, $application, $biometrics only to find out doctors wont sign off thinking her knees as an issue. I believe its not -- but it was for the best overall.