+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa Application

saju_simon

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
Hello All,

I'm trying to apply for a super visa for my mom. She currently holds a visitor visa for a duration of 2 years (as her passport expires in 2 years) .

I've got a couple of questions regarding the application :

1. Is it okay to apply for a Super Visa when she already has a tourist visa ?
2. Is it okay to mention period of stay ( more than 6 months ) during the validity of her tourist Visa ?
3. Is it okay to mention that she would like to take a long break from her current job ( more than 6 months time )

@canuck78

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

I'm trying to apply for a super visa for my mom. She currently holds a visitor visa for a duration of 2 years (as her passport expires in 2 years) .

I've got a couple of questions regarding the application :

1. Is it okay to apply for a Super Visa when she already has a tourist visa ?
2. Is it okay to mention period of stay ( more than 6 months ) during the validity of her tourist Visa ?
3. Is it okay to mention that she would like to take a long break from her current job ( more than 6 months time )

@canuck78
1. It should be okay.
2. No. The max allowable limit for single entry is 6 months for visior visa. You can extent near to the end of 6 months but the approval is ay officer's discretion. The limit is 2 years for super visa.
3. Shorter the term, better the chances of smooth processing.

saju_simon

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
1. It should be okay.
2. No. The max allowable limit for single entry is 6 months for visior visa. You can extent near to the end of 6 months but the approval is ay officer's discretion. The limit is 2 years for super visa.
3. Shorter the term, better the chances of smooth processing.
Hey there mate,

Thanks a lot for the reply !

"Shorter the term, better the chances of smooth processing. ." - She currently has a tourist visa which expires in 2024. As we are applying for supervisa, how can we justify it ?

One of the reasons i could think of was to stay for a period of more than 6 months - hence i mentioned about the long break. But, would that be a reason for rejection ?

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey there mate,

Thanks a lot for the reply !

"Shorter the term, better the chances of smooth processing. ." - She currently has a tourist visa which expires in 2024. As we are applying for supervisa, how can we justify it ?

One of the reasons i could think of was to stay for a period of more than 6 months - hence i mentioned about the long break. But, would that be a reason for rejection ?
I said that for entering with visitor visa. For super visa, you can mention a year or so.

You can say that she wanted to spend more time with her son.

saju_simon

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
I said that for entering with visitor visa. For super visa, you can mention a year or so.

You can say that she wanted to spend more time with her son.
One last thing. My mom will be retiring within a year. The idea is to then travel to canada and stay with my brother for a long period (5 Years).

If i mention this as the purpose of travel, are there chances that the visa might get rejected ( as we are mentioning that she is retiring ) ?

Instead, if we mention that she has plans to take a long leave and visit her son - would this be a better way to portray the purpose of travel ?

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One last thing. My mom will be retiring within a year. The idea is to then travel to canada and stay with my brother for a long period (5 Years).

If i mention this as the purpose of travel, are there chances that the visa might get rejected ( as we are mentioning that she is retiring ) ?

Instead, if we mention that she has plans to take a long leave and visit her son - would this be a better way to portray the purpose of travel ?
If you are going to apply before she is retiring, it is better not to mention about retirement.

Be careful and dont provide any false info that might trigger misrepresentation ban.

saju_simon

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
@bluffmaster88

Does this sound like a reasonable purpose of travel ?

"I had recently visited Canada for 4 weeks and had quite an enjoyable time with my son and daughter in law. However, i had very little time to explore Canada. During my visit, my son had shown me pictures of how beautiful Canada is during the different seasons and I wish to experience them and explore more monumental locations. For this, i have decided to take a 34 week (8 Month) sabbatical from my job."

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@bluffmaster88

Does this sound like a reasonable purpose of travel ?

"I had recently visited Canada for 4 weeks and had quite an enjoyable time with my son and daughter in law. However, i had very little time to explore Canada. During my visit, my son had shown me pictures of how beautiful Canada is during the different seasons and I wish to experience them and explore more monumental locations. For this, i have decided to take a 34 week (8 Month) sabbatical from my job."
It seems okay to me. But if the reason is only to explore Canada, would you be able to provide itinerary for 8 months?

saju_simon

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
It seems okay to me. But if the reason is only to explore Canada, would you be able to provide itinerary for 8 months?
Yes, you are right, i need to figure out a different reason. Getting a itenary for 8 months is impossible.

Also, i've got another hurdle. My moms Residence visa in dubai expires by MAY 2023. If i keep the travel dates as JAN 2023 - AUG 2023, are there chances that the visa might get rejected ?

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you are right, i need to figure out a different reason. Getting a itenary for 8 months is impossible.

Also, i've got another hurdle. My moms Residence visa in dubai expires by MAY 2023. If i keep the travel dates as JAN 2023 - AUG 2023, are there chances that the visa might get rejected ?
It should not be a problem, as long as she can prove ties to home country.

You need to convince the officers about what she gonna do in home country after the trip. That would act as one of the reasons for strong home ties.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Your mother should apply after she is retired. Asking for a long visit while saying she is employed makes no sense and can raise red flags. Her employment is a tie that she uses as proof that she will return home and her job is perhaps tied to her stay in Dubai so it is fairly important to clarify whether she is retired and whether she has a home in Dubai to return to or a home elsewhere. Canada is very aware that residency is tied to employment for foreigners in Dubai.

ashikn

Star Member
Jun 25, 2015
Hi, Is there anyone from Bangladesh who applied for Super Visa for his or her parent or grandparent? Just to get some idea how long its taking time who applied from Bangladesh. I have just submitted my month's super visa application 1st of Oct and her bio got updated within 2 days. No update of her medical (we have done her medical early to faster the process). Applicate your kind response

Bella987

Jun 27, 2021
Super visa timeline - applied April 27th from Punjab , india. Approved 10th November 2022.
I have a question , she will get her super visa for 5 years with stamped duration on it , if she wants to go back to india to visit her parents for 1 month in between 5 years , she will have her medical insurance , will she be able to get the same remaining duration upon return back to Canada or could it get complicated or her stay could get reduced or something I should know ?