+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa and passport are expiring

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Hi , I am in a situation , My parents came here on super visa . now they have returned to India and their Passport plus Visa are expiring in March 2023. Is there any way we can apply for extension while they are in India or do i need to reapply from scratch and do the whole process again in India ?
I tried to search this on website and the only thing that i can find is about "Extend your stay" and i am not sure if that is the form that i need to fill ? I am confused because i think that link is for extension of visitor visa/Work Permit while some one is staying in Canada .

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay/eligibility.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi , I am in a situation , My parents came here on super visa . now they have returned to India and their Passport plus Visa are expiring in March 2023. Is there any way we can apply for extension while they are in India or do i need to reapply from scratch and do the whole process again in India ?
I tried to search this on website and the only thing that i can find is about "Extend your stay" and i am not sure if that is the form that i need to fill ? I am confused because i think that link is for extension of visitor visa/Work Permit while some one is staying in Canada .

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay/eligibility.html
No, you cannot apply for an extension from India.

They need to apply for a new super visa from scratch.

Extending your stay is only for individuals who are in Canada and wish to stay longer. They do not allow someone to re-enter Canada.

Reactions: YVR123

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
No, you cannot apply for an extension from India.

They need to apply for a new super visa from scratch.

Extending your stay is only for individuals who are in Canada and wish to stay longer. They do not allow someone to re-enter Canada.
is there any other form that i can fill out for parents ? My best bet would be call them again to Canada just before things expire and apply here for extension .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
is there any other form that i can fill out for parents ? My best bet would be call them again to Canada just before things expire and apply here for extension .
Sure, they can travel to Canada and then apply for an extension to stay here longer.

However if they want to leave Canada and be able to return, they need to apply for a new super visa. An extension only allows them to remain in Canada longer. It does not allow them to leave and return. They need a new super visa to do that. There's no other form to do that. You need to apply for a super visa from scratch.

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Sure, they can travel to Canada and then apply for an extension to stay here longer.

However if they want to leave Canada and be able to return, they need to apply for a new super visa. An extension only allows them to remain in Canada longer. It does not allow them to leave and return. They need a new super visa to do that. There's no other form to do that. You need to apply for a super visa from scratch.
HI they do have Super Visa , I am wondering if we can extend super visa from india . Sorry this is not a visitor visa , they have super visa

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HI they do have Super Visa , I am wondering if we can extend super visa from india . Sorry this is not a visitor visa , they have super visa
Same answer. No. It doesn't work that way. They have to apply again from scratch.

Reactions: dpatel08