+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

super visa after asylum refused

Waelhc

Feb 28, 2020
Hello, my parents are denied asylum and PRRA and will be returned. They want to apply for a super visa because my brother has children. So I wonder to what extent the asylum experience can influence the super visa decision.

Last edited:

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello, my parents are denied asylum and PRRA and will be returned. They want to apply for a super visa because my brother has children. So I wonder to what extent the asylum experience can influence the super visa decision.
1 Not a chance. Your parents demonstrated that they want to remain in Canada.

Reactions: Waelhc

Waelhc

Feb 28, 2020
No chance ! our lawyer said it is 90%. They apply for asylum and when they will ask them to quit, they will quit.

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Remember as well it is in your lawyer’s best interest to get clients, not the actual well-being or realistic immigration chances of your parents.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I agree with the previous responses.

With a denied asylum application, you should expect that any temporary visa will be refused (i.e. tourist visa, super visa). To be approved for a temporary visa, you must demonstrate strong ties to your home country and prove you have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. The asylum application demonstrates they have a strong desire to remain in Canada permanently.

Your brother should focus on qualifying and being selected to sponsor your parents for PR through the parent / grandparent sponsorship program. That's realistically going to be the only way to bring them back to Canada (unless they can qualify for PR on their own through Express Entry or something similar).

Waelhc

Feb 28, 2020
Did this lawyer suggests they apply for asylum as well?
No, we knew him after asylum application and he help us to apply for PRRA. we had a very bad lawyer before him. Please, on the other hand, my parents worked for 3 years. Does it helps

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
No, we knew him after asylum application and he help us to apply for PRRA. we had a very bad lawyer before him. Please, on the other hand, my parents worked for 3 years. Does it helps
No, it doesn't help. They obviously want to stay here and are too high of an overstay risk.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No, it doesn't help. They obviously want to stay here and are too high of an overstay risk.
Not sure who suggested they apply for asylum but asylum refusals have longterm consequences. Had they wanted to visit you longterm a supervisa would have been the best option from the start. They will have to hope you eventually qualify for PGP.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No, please they are not they are respecting everything
The main issue is that a super visa requires a person to show strong ties to your home country and show they have no plans on remaining in Canada long term. By applying for refugee status, your parents have demonstrated the exact opposite. You should assume a super visa won't be possible for this reason. Again, your brother should focus on qualifying and being selected to sponsor your parents for PR. You should assume this will be the only way they will be able to return to Canada.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

So I wonder to what extent the asylum experience can influence the super visa decision.
[/QUOTE]

It's everything

Even if they didn't have a lawyer, others should of done their due diligence and advised against it. It's a very serious step in the immigration area.
However , hopefully others EVEN contemplating this, will read this, and take note
Wanting to be with family is a frivolous reason to apply, and just adds to a already jammed refugee system

Waelhc

Feb 28, 2020
Applying for asylum without grounds is not "respecting everything". You are not going to get the answer that you want here.

Applying for asylum without grounds is not "respecting everything". You are not going to get the answer that you want here.
please you dont know what is the case you cant judge . There were a reason and for the same case other members of my family get ayslium. I

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
please you dont know what is the case you cant judge . There were a reason and for the same case other members of my family get ayslium. I
It was refused and PRRA was refused, meaning Canada determined it was not a genuine request.

• Angry