+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa about to expire can my parent still stay for two years in canada?

zz891223

Jun 16, 2022
I need some help for understand what should I do next
I have applied super visa for my parent before covid and it took two years they finally got the visa approved but my Mom's passport is about to expire and her super visa will be expired with the passport (10/11/2022) My Mom has gotten a new passport and I have booked the flight for her to visit me so she need to carry both old passport(with valid super visa) and the new passport I hope this is ok for her to enter canada. I am not sure what to do next can she still stay at Canada for 2 years even her super visa is going to expire in 6 month? and how we can renew/extend her stay with valid visa status? I really need some help to understand what to do next because we cannot apply for new super visa by the time she's here in canda right then we're losing time again.
Thank you so much for whoever is helping me!!

Aaru9667

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
I have applied super visa for my parent before covid and it took two years they finally got the visa approved but my Mom's passport is about to expire and her super visa will be expired with the passport (10/11/2022) My Mom has gotten a new passport and I have booked the flight for her to visit me so she need to carry both old passport(with valid super visa) and the new passport I hope this is ok for her to enter canada. I am not sure what to do next can she still stay at Canada for 2 years even her super visa is going to expire in 6 month? and how we can renew/extend her stay with valid visa status? I really need some help to understand what to do next because we cannot apply for new super visa by the time she's here in canda right then we're losing time again.
Please get this clarified before she travels. As far as I know (my country atleast), once a new PP is issued the old one is invalid. This could mean that the visa is also therefore invalid but I do not know for sure.
Even if it is valid, I doubt she can stay for 2 years if it's expiring in 6 months. You have to have a status to remain in the country.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

1. The date on the Super Visa is the date she must enter Canada by, it has nothing to do with her length of stay.

Reactions: canuck78

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Hi,
Not sure if you check this forum often, but if you do can you please share what your outcome was? My dad's visa situation is very similar and I'm trying to figure out what to do. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
ssparkles