+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2nd Application / LICO / Accommodation

Aug 31, 2018
Hello,

Asking for a friend. My friend is going to sponsor his mother under super visa category. The mom already went here on June 2014 and went back home on October 2015.

My friend’s NOA last year does not meet the LICO but his salary this year does meet the LICO. My friend has been in Canada since 2014. He applied for PR under humanitarian and received his open work permit late last year that is why he does not meet the LICO for last year’s income since he started declaring his tax on December 2017 only.

My friend’s sister was the first one who sponsored the mother under supervisa on 2014 that’s why the mom was granted a super visa but he sister is now on EI so she can’t sponsor the mom and it will be my friend who will sponsor the mother.

The agency back home will be the one to process the super visa. According to the agency, it is okay if my friend did not meet the LICO for income last year as long as his current salary meets the LICO. And according to the agency, since the mom already had a supervisa before, then it would be easy for her to get another super visa.

Question is, is this possible? Can the mom get approved because she already had one before even though my friend’s NOA last does
Not meet the LICO but his salary now meets the LICO?

Just a little background. The momhas no zero (0) income in the bank. No properties. No job. She’s on her 50’s. But she has a husband back home and 2 kids. So this proves that she will go back.

Another issue is, when the mom went here last 2014, the immigration officer at the airport did not write any date on how long they’re going to say. But since it’s supervisa, no handwriting means 2 years for supervisa right? Because if it’s 6 months then the mom over stayed since she stayed for 1 year and 4 months.

Another issue, my friend lives in her Aunt’s house. He is staying in the basement with the girlfriend and baby. But my friend is not going to declare that he is living with the girlfriend and baby because if he declared this, then his current salary does not meet the LICO compared to declaring he is single.

I know that it is important the NOA last year meets meets the LICO. But I read somewhere here that this applicant just arrived in Canada and if she is going to show her husband’s NOA for last year, it’s not going to meet the LICo since they just arrived but the current salary of the husband meets the LICO and the mom was granted a super visa. On the other hand, most applicants who do not meet the LICO last year got refused for super visa.

So does that depend onthe country where the parents reside? The thread I saw where the mom was granted a supervisa even they just arrived is from the Philippines and my friend is from the Philippines too. So is the agency of the mom is right that even if in the NOA last year indicates the total income is only $2,000 but the current salary meets the LICO, the mom will still be granted a supervisa? Especially that the mom was already granted a supervisa before?

Thank You for your patience in reading this. I really appreciate it.

Thank You and God Bless!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Asking for a friend. My friend is going to sponsor his mother under super visa category. The mom already went here on June 2014 and went back home on October 2015.

My friend’s NOA last year does not meet the LICO but his salary this year does meet the LICO. My friend has been in Canada since 2014. He applied for PR under humanitarian and received his open work permit late last year that is why he does not meet the LICO for last year’s income since he started declaring his tax on December 2017 only.

My friend’s sister was the first one who sponsored the mother under supervisa on 2014 that’s why the mom was granted a super visa but he sister is now on EI so she can’t sponsor the mom and it will be my friend who will sponsor the mother.

The agency back home will be the one to process the super visa. According to the agency, it is okay if my friend did not meet the LICO for income last year as long as his current salary meets the LICO. And according to the agency, since the mom already had a supervisa before, then it would be easy for her to get another super visa.

Question is, is this possible? Can the mom get approved because she already had one before even though my friend’s NOA last does
Not meet the LICO but his salary now meets the LICO?

Just a little background. The momhas no zero (0) income in the bank. No properties. No job. She’s on her 50’s. But she has a husband back home and 2 kids. So this proves that she will go back.

Another issue is, when the mom went here last 2014, the immigration officer at the airport did not write any date on how long they’re going to say. But since it’s supervisa, no handwriting means 2 years for supervisa right? Because if it’s 6 months then the mom over stayed since she stayed for 1 year and 4 months.

Another issue, my friend lives in her Aunt’s house. He is staying in the basement with the girlfriend and baby. But my friend is not going to declare that he is living with the girlfriend and baby because if he declared this, then his current salary does not meet the LICO compared to declaring he is single.

I know that it is important the NOA last year meets meets the LICO. But I read somewhere here that this applicant just arrived in Canada and if she is going to show her husband’s NOA for last year, it’s not going to meet the LICo since they just arrived but the current salary of the husband meets the LICO and the mom was granted a super visa. On the other hand, most applicants who do not meet the LICO last year got refused for super visa.

So does that depend onthe country where the parents reside? The thread I saw where the mom was granted a supervisa even they just arrived is from the Philippines and my friend is from the Philippines too. So is the agency of the mom is right that even if in the NOA last year indicates the total income is only $2,000 but the current salary meets the LICO, the mom will still be granted a supervisa? Especially that the mom was already granted a supervisa before?

Thank You for your patience in reading this. I really appreciate it.

Thank You and God Bless!
If he has lived with his girlfriend for a year or more then she is his common law partner and he must include her and her baby in the LICO count. If he hasn't lived with his girlfriend for a year but the baby is his - he must include the baby in the LICO count and have sufficient income to cover all of these individuals as well as his mother. Failure to properly declare family composition is misrepresentation (lying in an immigration application). This will result in his mother's application being refused and a 5 year ban from Canada.

It's not clear if your friend already has PR or is still waiting for a decision under H&C.

Reactions: Bryanna
Aug 31, 2018
If he has lived with his girlfriend for a year or more then she is his common law partner and he must include her and her baby in the LICO count. If he hasn't lived with his girlfriend for a year but the baby is his - he must include the baby in the LICO count and have sufficient income to cover all of these individuals as well as his mother. Failure to properly declare family composition is misrepresentation (lying in an immigration application). This will result in his mother's application being refused and a 5 year ban from Canada.

It's not clear if your friend already has PR or is still waiting for a decision under H&C.
Hello Scylla,

Yes he is already a PR.

Would the officer be able to know about the baby?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Scylla,

Yes he is already a PR.

Would the officer be able to know about the baby?
IRCC has many ways of finding out facts about people. And yes - people are caught in lies all of the time. If he lies, he should be prepared to have his mother banned from Canada for 5 years. Once this mother has a refusal and a ban, it will be much more difficult to return to Canada in the future (even once the 5 year ban is over).

If he does not meet LICO for the size of the family he has, then his mother should apply for a regular visitor visa and forget about the super visa.

Aug 31, 2018
IRCC has many ways of finding out facts about people. And yes - people are caught in lies all of the time. If he lies, he should be prepared to have his mother banned from Canada for 5 years. Once this mother has a refusal and a ban, it will be much more difficult to return to Canada in the future (even once the 5 year ban is over).

If he does not meet LICO for the size of the family he has, then his mother should apply for a regular visitor visa and forget about the super visa.
Thank you Scylla. I will show him your mesages.