+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2022

Diljot Kaur

Sep 24, 2018
Is the supervisa application for parents processed faster if applied through a new portal?
I applied for my mom's supervisa from the old portal on 2nd April 2022 and biometrics were updated on 7th April 2022. There has been no update since 7th April 2022.
Please advise if I should submit a new application via new IRCC portal.

manisp

Star Member
May 18, 2022
Is the supervisa application for parents processed faster if applied through a new portal?
I applied for my mom's supervisa from the old portal on 2nd April 2022 and biometrics were updated on 7th April 2022. There has been no update since 7th April 2022.
Please advise if I should submit a new application via new IRCC portal.
We have applied through new portal on 6 April and biometrics were updated on 11 April 2022 with no updates.

Diljot Kaur

Sep 24, 2018
Yes sure. Hopefully there should be an update soon.
Hopefully. The application has exceeded normal processing times. I applied for GCMS notes and in GCMS notes it shows that eligibility and criminality passed and medical in progress, but no updates on portal.

manisp

Star Member
May 18, 2022
Hopefully. The application has exceeded normal processing times. I applied for GCMS notes and in GCMS notes it shows that eligibility and criminality passed and medical in progress, but no updates on portal.
When did you apply for GCMS notes and when did you receive them?

I applied on 21 June and did not receive them.

Diljot Kaur

Sep 24, 2018
When did you apply for GCMS notes and when did you receive them?

I applied on 21 June and did not receive them.
I have applied for GCMS notes several times but I got a response for one I submitted on 23rd June. And yes I submitted upfront medical. What about you?

manisp

Star Member
May 18, 2022
I have applied for GCMS notes several times but I got a response for one I submitted on 23rd June. And yes I submitted upfront medical. What about you?
Yes, we submitted upfront medicals as well.
So should I submit another request for GCMS notes?

Diljot Kaur

Sep 24, 2018
Yes, we submitted upfront medicals as well.
So should I submit another request for GCMS notes?
Yes Please. Also, reach out to MP. I reached out to the MP of my area and his assistant responded and asked me to wait for 10 days. I will follow up with his assistant by end of this month.

manisp

Star Member
May 18, 2022
Yes Please. Also, reach out to MP. I reached out to the MP of my area and his assistant responded and asked me to wait for 10 days. I will follow up with his assistant by end of this month.
I reached out to MP. He got response almost after 3 weeks and response said we are reviewing your file.
After the processing time passed, I reached out to him again and he said there is nothing that can be done and immigration is looking at our file. :(
so disheartening.
I will apply for GCMS notes now.

manisp

Star Member
May 18, 2022
and for the following question
*Which specific information are you looking for?
Status update of file
or
the application, supporting documents, correspondence to and from IRCC

Diljot Kaur

Sep 24, 2018
and for the following question
*Which specific information are you looking for?
Status update of file
or
Access to Information Act
I got a response after 40 days(applied on 23rd June) but didn't get any response for other GCMS notes i applied

manisp

Star Member
May 18, 2022
Access to Information Act
I got a response after 40 days(applied on 23rd June) but didn't get any response for other GCMS notes i applied
Oh. Thanks a lot for sharing it.
:)
Let's see if this helps.