+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2022

Romi123

Dec 6, 2022
Can someone please suggest if my parents also needs to fill 2 and 3 rd section for the vfs consent form. They are submitting their passport for super visa through 2 way courier.

dawn_canada

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2015
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015 - 3rd Line updated on 17-03-2015, RPRF and PCC received to VO on 23-03-2015
Interview........
Seems waived.
Passport Req..
30-07-2015 and submitted on 31-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015
Super Visa for my parents applied last week. Upfront medical submitted for both, but for my mother clinic requested for additional tests - we completed those tests and clinic may send result IRCC in 6 weeks.

1. I am wondering if my father's application can be processed individually or has to wait for my mother's medical.
2. Has anyone gone through additional tests - would it add more delay on the application?

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
Super Visa for my parents applied last week. Upfront medical submitted for both, but for my mother clinic requested for additional tests - we completed those tests and clinic may send result IRCC in 6 weeks.

1. I am wondering if my father's application can be processed individually or has to wait for my mother's medical.
2. Has anyone gone through additional tests - would it add more delay on the application?
Will you be able to confirm the additional tests? I am preparing to apply supervisa for my parents soon.

POLEPALLE1704

Star Member
Dec 8, 2020

Though I have submitted a joint application, my mother has passed her medicals on 27-Jan while my father passed his medicals on 30-Jan. Based on this, I think the medical reviews are happening at individual applicant level.

Last edited:

shlfung

Jan 17, 2023
Just want to share my timeline for Supervisa applications from China:

Submitted Application: Nov 11 2022
Medical Passed: Jan 11 2023 (Nov 17 2022 for the other parent, some conditions require multiple visits to the clinic over few weeks for the medical to be completed. IRCC will send email to let you know if multiple visits are required after the initial medical visit)
Passport Request Letter and biometric validity letter received: Jan 31 2023

We did the medical upfront and biometric was from a previous unsuccessful application.

Strongly suggest people to have their parents do the medical while helping them prepare for the application before submission.

alamumair

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
1. No need to wait for the expiry of the Visitor Visa. It is all upto you when to apply for super visa.

2. Attach the passport copy of New Passport in the Passport section. You can attach her old passport copy in the invite letter saying that she alrady has the Visitor Visa.
Thanks.

alamumair

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Need Help !! (supervisa application), in the below section, should I write the names of my parent's parent only if they were adopted or biological.

" Tell us about your parents.
Tell us about your parents" if you (applicant) were adopted, provide the details about your legal parents."

Reactions: legend_2020

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017

Medical Passed: Jan 11 2023 (Nov 17 2022 for the other parent, some conditions require multiple visits to the clinic over few weeks for the medical to be completed. IRCC will send email to let you know if multiple visits are required after the initial medical visit)

We did the medical upfront and biometric was from a previous unsuccessful application.

Strongly suggest people to have their parents do the medical while helping them prepare for the application before submission.
Congratulation peng yo! Wo yao wenti. Can you please indicate if at any stage the application ETA for completion date was updated? Would be grateful if you can share a censored screenshot of their portal page.

Reactions: Home_13579

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021

@shlfung, I like your idea about upfront medical. I am planning to apply supervisa for my parents around 10th of March. Should I ask them to go for medical right away i.e., around 1 month before the actual application. My parents are going to visit Canada on any kind of visa for the first time. so IRCC does not have any record about this. In this case if multiple visits are required how IRCC will contact them? Basically, can you guide me on the upfront medical for supervisa.

Reactions: shlfung

Dee3186

Aug 8, 2022
It should not be a red flag. Its all depends on how we project in the invite letter. Make sure you mention yourself as spronsor for the trip, so that your Proof of Income and Funds will be evaluated.
Is not having financial ties grounds for rejection of supervisa even if I am the sponsor and have a good proof of income and funds? My mother owns a piece of land and nothing else. She has more of emotional/family ties with her parents, NGOs in India. I am having a difficult time in getting a property evaluation document for the land, so wondering if I should just skip it. Any suggestions please? thanks.

dawn_canada

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2015
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
06-03-2015 - 3rd Line updated on 17-03-2015, RPRF and PCC received to VO on 23-03-2015
Interview........
Seems waived.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015

I received PPR for my father application, that indicates they process VISA application separately, my mother's medical status is still pending.
PPR for my father was very quick, less than 1 week.

dawn_canada

Jul 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Nomination.....
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-12-2014
File Transfer...
31-10-2015
Med's Request
24-02-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Seems waived.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
07-08-2015
@shlfung, I like your idea about upfront medical. I am planning to apply supervisa for my parents around 10th of March. Should I ask them to go for medical right away i.e., around 1 month before the actual application. My parents are going to visit Canada on any kind of visa for the first time. so IRCC does not have any record about this. In this case if multiple visits are required how IRCC will contact them? Basically, can you guide me on the upfront medical for supervisa.
Yes having medical upfront would make things faster at least for Super Visa, normally medical is valid for 1 year, one has to visit Canada before the expiry of medical. Depending on the type of visa, country of residence and expiry of passport, normally one gets multiple-visit visa. I don't think you need to have medical again for subsequent visits other can correct me if this is incorrect statement.

legend_2020

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
i am providing the duration of stay 7 months , is this duration is good or have to be year for super visa? she has to return after 7 months to host ceremony..
and i am stating that she will return and i will be responsible for her financial support in the invitation letter only. do i need to fill any declaration form for that purpose ?

dsinghd

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
Hi THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR ME. KINDLY RESPOND

Right now I'm working on invitation letter. I am applying for my in laws' super visa. My mother is here with us on visitor's visa. And Should i mention her while providing details of people currently living in the household ? My LICO ($65k) only meets for family size of 6 which includes me ,my wife ,2 kids and in laws. My mother will be 7th family member. Do you guys think this might or might not confuse visa officer ? Do you think mentioning details for only four(me ,my wife ,2 kids) of us will be a good idea? note that I have not sponsored my mother yet she is just a visitor.

I'm following instructions from IRCC website : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/letter-invitation.html

• details of your family, such as names and dates of birth of your spouse and dependants (this is mandatory for the parent and grandparent super visa), and
  • the total number of people living in your household, including people you sponsored whose sponsorship is still in effect (this is mandatory for the parent and grandparent super visa).