Waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2015
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2015
Hello Everyone,

Need help with a question regarding super visa if anyone has experienced similar situation please.

My parents got super visa few years back but of course uptill expiry of their passports. They have visited multiple times to Canada since then. They recently came in October 2022 and as per new rules, they are allowed to stay for upto 5 years. They are planning to stay uptil September 2023 (almost a year). However, my father's passport is expiring in April 2023 and we are not sure if that requires him to apply for a visitor record or extension in order to stay beyond April. The below links on CIC website talks about stamping the passport but in my parent's case, their passport was not stamped by officer when they entered Canada.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=442&top=16

Does anyone have experienced similar situation and knows what are correct rules around this? My understanding is that if you have entered Canada on Supervisa, then you don't have to apply for extension before 5 years but not sure how passport expiry affects that.

Would appreciate any help and guidance around this?

Thanks in advance!

shroffb

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2013
AOR Received.
19-11-2013
File Transfer...
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
20-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 22nd July...DM on 2nd August....Passport received on 11th August
Recently my in-laws parent's supervisa got approved ( from India) and now I am planning to apply for my mom. My Mom is from India but is going to USA for 6 months. Does anybody has insight if I can apply supervisa for my Mom while she is in USA? The only rule of supervisa is candidate needs to be outside Canada, it doesn't mention you need to be in Home Country, hence the confusion.

Reactions: ssparkles

Anncs

Star Member
Aug 31, 2017
Supervisa for MIL
IRCC portal
Application submitted- Dec 23
Biometrics Instruction letter- Dec 23
Completed Biometrics Dec 30. Got updated on the same day
Upfront medical- Dec 14
Medical Passed- Jan 11
Eligibility Review started Jan 17
Hoping for the positive result.

Anyone waiting for PPR applied on this time frame?

Last edited:
Reactions: POLEPALLE1704

Preet_1989

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
Supervisa for MIL
IRCC portal
Application submitted- Dec 23
Biometrics Instruction letter- Dec 23
Completed Biometrics Dec 30. Got updated on the same day
Upfront medical- Dec 14
Medical Passed- Jan 13
Eligibility Review started Jan 17
Hoping for the positive result.

Anyone waiting for PPR applied on this time frame?
Yeah… application submitted-Dec 27th
Biometrics are valid from previous applications
Upfront medical- passed on January 11th
Waiting for final decision

Heminpatwa

Star Member
Jan 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have exact same scenario. I have applied for my mom super visa in Feb 2022 and we waited for 10 months but didn't get any update so, she ended up coming here on visitor visa. She just received passport request for super visa since her super visa has been approved. Now I am not sure if I can submit passport to Ottawa embassy and I am also not sure if she can stay here more than 6 months since she landed in Canada on visitor visa.

Any help would be appreciated. I have been desperately looking for answer but no luck.
I have exact same scenario. I have applied for my mom super visa in Feb 2022 and we waited for 10 months but didn't get any update so, she ended up coming here on visitor visa. She just received passport request for super visa since her super visa has been approved. Now I am not sure if I can submit passport to Ottawa embassy and I am also not sure if she can stay here more than 6 months since she landed in Canada on visitor visa.

Any help would be appreciated. I have been desperately looking for answer but no luck.
Hi @ankit16.shukla Is there any update on this? Has your mom received super visa being in Canada? Does she have to leave Canada after 6 months or can she continue staying here post 6 months? Thanks.

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Hello Everyone,

Need help with a question regarding super visa if anyone has experienced similar situation please.

My parents got super visa few years back but of course uptill expiry of their passports. They have visited multiple times to Canada since then. They recently came in October 2022 and as per new rules, they are allowed to stay for upto 5 years. They are planning to stay uptil September 2023 (almost a year). However, my father's passport is expiring in April 2023 and we are not sure if that requires him to apply for a visitor record or extension in order to stay beyond April. The below links on CIC website talks about stamping the passport but in my parent's case, their passport was not stamped by officer when they entered Canada.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=442&top=16

Does anyone have experienced similar situation and knows what are correct rules around this? My understanding is that if you have entered Canada on Supervisa, then you don't have to apply for extension before 5 years but not sure how passport expiry affects that.

Would appreciate any help and guidance around this?

Thanks in advance!
Hi,
My father's passport also expired and I couldn't find any guidance around 'renewing' the super visa. At the end of a lot of research it seems like you simply have to apply for a new super visa from outside canada which is what I recently did. I wrote the letter differently, highlighting his travel to and from canada.
However, if my father was still here in Canada I had planned to apply for an extension (they'd probably give it for 3 or 6 months) while I figured out how to apply from outside. What I had found is, it says you have to apply for a super visa from outside Canada (this could be done from USA if he has a US visa or UK). But try to look into it a little more before taking this step. It seems possible to do.
Hope this helps
Ssparkles

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Recently my in-laws parent's supervisa got approved ( from India) and now I am planning to apply for my mom. My Mom is from India but is going to USA for 6 months. Does anybody has insight if I can apply supervisa for my Mom while she is in USA? The only rule of supervisa is candidate needs to be outside Canada, it doesn't mention you need to be in Home Country, hence the confusion.
Hi, Can you please share your processing time? Thanks!

Benew

Jan 24, 2023
After Visitor visa refusal in Jan 2022

Supervisa application
Submitted Dec 4 2022
Biometrics used from previous application
Upfront medical
Medical passed on Jan 6 2023

waiting on PPR

anyone with similar timeline ,got visa?

alamumair

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Hi Everyone - need help,

My mom stayed with us for 11 month last year on visit visa, now I am applying for her supervisa and I got stuck on below question

"List your current country or territory of residence, then add all other countries or territories where you've lived for the past five years, for more than 6 months"

Do I add Canada as she was here for more than 6 months ?

Realbuggu

Oct 16, 2017
Hi Everyone - need help,

My mom stayed with us for 11 month last year on visit visa, now I am applying for her supervisa and I got stuck on below question

"List your current country or territory of residence, then add all other countries or territories where you've lived for the past five years, for more than 6 months"

That's going to be a problem for her because u are only allow to stay 6
Hi Everyone - need help,

Yes..u have to add Canada....if she was living in Canada within the 5 years.....also that's going to be a problem for her because ur only allow to stay 6 mths on a visitor visa which she stay 11 mths...good luck

POLEPALLE1704

Star Member
Dec 8, 2020
Hi Everyone - need help,

Yes, you have to add.

Reactions: alamumair

alamumair

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
That's going to be a problem for her because u are only allow to stay 6
Yes..u have to add Canada....if she was living in Canada within the 5 years.....also that's going to be a problem for her because ur only allow to stay 6 mths on a visitor visa which she stay 11 mths...good luck
Thanks. for the quick reply. We got her visa extended

Faithope

Star Member
Mar 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is TFSA a good proof for income? Can TFSA be in my wife's name and we both are inviting my parents i.e. husbands parents only?

POLEPALLE1704

Star Member
Dec 8, 2020
Is TFSA a good proof for income? Can TFSA be in my wife's name and we both are inviting my parents i.e. husbands parents only?
Notice of Assessment and T4 are the ultimate proof of income as they are interested to know your yearly income.

TFSA being a kind of savings account is not acceptable a proof of income but it serves as proof of available funds.

So beware of the difference between proof of income and proof of funds.