+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2022

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
After getting the super visa how soon do you need to enter Canada? Is there a timeline by which the visitors must enter Canada after getting the visa? If that's the case, could someone provide some reference, please.

Didzsam

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Hi All,

I hope for your expert opinion on this.

My parents applied for a Visitor visa and got rejected last year. I am planning to apply for a Super visa as I have the financial eligibility for that.
I am the only child (therefore, Hard to show home ties) and my parents are old. Mother 75 years and Father 70 years (Has diagnosed with cancer 10 years ago and doing treatments from time to time). But both are physically independent.

They are not planning to stay in Canada for more than 3 months at a stretch but as they got rejected visitor visa one time I am planning to apply for Super visa, thinking they will evaluate my income and stability. They have a property (for my father's name-The house they live in) , a government pension, and rental income.

Me and my husband together meets LICO to invite our parents for the last 3 years. My husband works for the Provincial government in BC and I am working in a privet organization with a household income above140,000 this year onwards.

My questions are
1. If they do not pass the medical exam and therefore if the super visa gets refused, can I again apply for a visitor visa and will that be a negative impact again on the visitor visa?
2. Is it better to apply for only the mother first stating the father who is a home tie, and secondly apply for the father stating the mother is a home tie or vice versa instead of applying them together?
3. Are they evaluating medical inadmissibility to the same extent as PR for a super visa? Coz my father disclosed cancer and all the treatments he is taking in the medical exam and mother got excited at the time of the medical test and she got BP 170/90.
4. If they need further tests and if they send the procedural fairness letter before rejecting the visa for medical inadmissibility, when can I expect that?

I am a little disappointed to struggle with everything regarding refusals even though we are settled in Canada, and we work for Canada. I dont know if we are unable to have our parents to visit us at least one time before they are unable to.

Thanks in advance!

msingh199

Nov 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I hope for your expert opinion on this.

My parents applied for a Visitor visa and got rejected last year. I am planning to apply for a Super visa as I have the financial eligibility for that.
I am the only child (therefore, Hard to show home ties) and my parents are old. Mother 75 years and Father 70 years (Has diagnosed with cancer 10 years ago and doing treatments from time to time). But both are physically independent.

They are not planning to stay in Canada for more than 3 months at a stretch but as they got rejected visitor visa one time I am planning to apply for Super visa, thinking they will evaluate my income and stability. They have a property (for my father's name-The house they live in) , a government pension, and rental income.

Me and my husband together meets LICO to invite our parents for the last 3 years. My husband works for the Provincial government in BC and I am working in a privet organization with a household income above140,000 this year onwards.

My questions are
1. If they do not pass the medical exam and therefore if the super visa gets refused, can I again apply for a visitor visa and will that be a negative impact again on the visitor visa?
2. Is it better to apply for only the mother first stating the father who is a home tie, and secondly apply for the father stating the mother is a home tie or vice versa instead of applying them together?
3. Are they evaluating medical inadmissibility to the same extent as PR for a super visa? Coz my father disclosed cancer and all the treatments he is taking in the medical exam and mother got excited at the time of the medical test and she got BP 170/90.
4. If they need further tests and if they send the procedural fairness letter before rejecting the visa for medical inadmissibility, when can I expect that?

I am a little disappointed to struggle with everything regarding refusals even though we are settled in Canada, and we work for Canada. I dont know if we are unable to have our parents to visit us at least one time before they are unable to.

Thanks in advance!
Hi..
I can totally feel your frustration. I heard yesterday on the radio that Canada is going to lift two main requirements for visitor Visas one is the Ties to back home and the second is finance. I will let other people respond just read your comment and couldn't resist. They typically don't care about Ties if you are applying for SuperVisa based on my own experience since you are responsible for all the expenses.

Reactions: Didzsam

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Hi Everyone, I have a question about Super visa application. My parents have taken the medical exam, as per the request from IRCC. My question is,
how long will it take to receive PPR after medical exam? They are waiting to hear from IRCC about the latest progress. I check every day for the status, it has been almost 1 month after the medical exam. No updates... Should I send a web form to ask?

Vipeanesammurasila

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Applied super visa Nov - 18, Medicals cleared on Jan 3rd, PPR Jan 19

I have a question, Eligibility and Background check are still in progress. Is it normal, I thought it would be completed before issuing PPR. Please let me know

Vipeanesammurasila

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Hi Everyone, I have a question about Super visa application. My parents have taken the medical exam, as per the request from IRCC. My question is,
how long will it take to receive PPR after medical exam? They are waiting to hear from IRCC about the latest progress. I check every day for the status, it has been almost 1 month after the medical exam. No updates... Should I send a web form to ask?
Based on the trend, I have seen it could take anywhere from a month to two, hang in there . you will get your positive decision soon.

Reactions: Home_13579

POLEPALLE1704

Star Member
Dec 8, 2020
Applied super visa Nov - 18, Medicals cleared on Jan 3rd, PPR Jan 19

I have a question, Eligibility and Background check are still in progress. Is it normal, I thought it would be completed before issuing PPR. Please let me know
I see it as a technical glitch where the status of the Eligibiltiy and BG are being displayed wrongly.

Or it might also happen that they would be marked as completed once the Passports are stamped.

BTW, what is the status of the Final Decision, it is showing ?

Without the completion of those checks, PPR would not get issued. So go ahead and submit the passports as per the PPR.

Last edited:

legend_2020

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
I Understand the reason to come and taking care of new born baby is not a good reason. Although she to join the family on the delivery of her daughter's first baby and spent sometime and visit various places.
My question is for home times, can we provide reason that MIL is taking care of her son's 2 babies back in home country and will host religious ceremony back in the home country.
any suggestion

legend_2020

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
Anyone who applied with monthly supervise insurance has been denied. Not sure why it is allowed since people can easily stop paying for a variety of reasons and then it is very hard to remove people. A supervisa is a better option if your mother has limited savings. I would also not mention pregnancy as a reason to need to come to Canada unless there is a medical reason why your mother needs to be in Canada like your wife being on strict bedrest. Otherwise women are able to live without help while pregnant. Their partners should help them at home.
I Understand the reason to come and taking care of new born baby is not a good reason. Although she to join the family on the delivery of her daughter's first baby and spent sometime and visit various places.
My question is for home times, can we provide reason that MIL is taking care of her son's 2 babies back in home country and will host religious ceremony back in the home country.
any suggestion

Sal92

Jan 4, 2019
I applied for my mom's super visa and get got a request for additional information. My mom lives in Saudi Arabia

IRCC has requested for

1. Employment Letter: An updated letter of employment indicating position and salary details of your financial sponsor in Saudi Arabia.

I provided my Canadian employment letter but I am not sure what they mean by financial sponsor in Saudi Arabia. Can it be my brother in Saudi Arabia who supports my mom financially in Saudi Arabia

2.Funds, proof: Updated bank statments for the past three months of your financial sponsor in Saudi Arabia.

This is related to question 1. Should I Included my brother's bank statements. I already provided my Canadian bank statements

3.Family Size: Please confirm the number of people residing in the home of your inviter (daughter in Canada).

Right now it's just me living in my household in canada but it will be 2 people after my mom comes. Can anyone tell me how to answer this question.

Seniors your help would be greatly appreciated