+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2022

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
Hi @ciscoccie, what did you end up doing?

I am in a similar situation. My parents will be landing on 20th Jan '23. However, their medicals expired on 21st Dec '22. I am wondering what should I do now?

Should I ask them to redo the medicals in the remaining days or take the risk of not redoing them? If they don't redo the medicals, they might be provided with a visa for only 6 months and I will have to apply for extension. I clarified this with a couple of immigration consultants, and they said they need not redo the medicals. However, I read several posts on this forum stating the opposite of that.
shouldnt having a valid medical issurance work? medicals are used for decision making by ircc. from there on you need valid medical insurance right?

sharma.a

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
shouldnt having a valid medical issurance work? medicals are used for decision making by ircc. from there on you need valid medical insurance right?
Yes, we will have medical insurance. However, I read at several places that in case of expired medicals, only 6-month visa is provided. Hence, I was trying to clarify that. We've decided not to redo the medicals for them and will get 1 year medical insurance updated for them.

matrix610

Jul 25, 2022
Hi everyone,
Need some insights. My mother received her BVL with PPR but my Father only received BVL on Dec 7 still no update. I want to submit a webform but I don’t know what to tell them. Can i ask them if there’s any issues on my father’s application but i submitted same documents for both of them.

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Please see timeline here
visitor visa - Oct, 2020(no result until apply super visa, after super visa application visitor visa application withdrawn automatically)
supervisa: applied july 15,2022 with monthly plan of insurance
biometrics : used from visitor visa application
upfront medical submitted
raised webform on Aug 05,2022 - WITH ONE YEAR INSURANCE PLAN- FULLY PAID
Medicals passed on Aug 09
Refusal letter on Aug 09 - because of monthly insurance, decision arrived before they see webform with 1 year insurance

Applied again on Aug 12, 2022 with same documents and 1 year insuarnce
medicals passed on Aug 30,2022
BVL and PPR on Jan 04,2023

Reactions: Home_13579

legend_2020

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
is it ok to apply with monthly medical insurance now as the have just changed the rule?

have proof of private medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company
  • This medical insurance needs to
    • be paid in full, or in instalments with a deposit (quotes aren’t accepted)
    • be valid for at least 1 year from the date you’ll enter Canada
    • cover your health care, hospitalization and repatriation
    • provide for at least $100,000 emergency coverage

Please see timeline here
visitor visa - Oct, 2020(no result until apply super visa, after super visa application visitor visa application withdrawn automatically)
Refusal letter on Aug 09 - because of monthly insurance, decision arrived before they see webform with 1 year insurance

RaghuRam123

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Please see timeline here

Hi All,

Please provide links and information to book courier for passport pickup and drop off

Thanks

Dee3186

Aug 8, 2022
Hello All,

I am planning to apply for super visa for my mom. I am concerned about explaining her ties to the country she lives (india) in the invitation letter. She is widowed, doesn't own a home, no job, no pension. her own bank balance is very minimal. owns a piece of land and she helps my sister because my sister has a serious health condition and needs help often and she helps her own parents who are 80+ old when needed. I don't know if owning a land and the need to take care of my sister and my grand parents are good enough reasons.

Any suggestions please? Thank you.

Preet_1989

Star Member
Apr 5, 2015
What’s the processing time for super visa with upfront medical and previously valid biometrics?
Applied inside Canada for parents in India.. no travel history and two times visitor visa refusal in last year.
Thanks

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
Hello everyone, my parents supervisa application is still in process and the date on insurance policy start is Jan 15,2023, if i am changing to date to future as their visa is still in process, do i need to let ircc know about that or no? Thanks for your time

Realbuggu

Oct 16, 2017
Hello everyone, my parents supervisa application is still in process and the date on insurance policy start is Jan 15,2023, if i am changing to date to future as their visa is still in process, do i need to let ircc know about that or no? Thanks for your time
The insurance can't start until the person is in Canada ..so just call or email the insurance company and give them another starting date...

CanucksRajiv

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hello All,

I applied for supervisa in November and IRCC requested medicals and medicals were passed on 4th January.
Do IRCC request medicals after confirming eligibility? How long it takes to get PPR from medicals passed?

POLEPALLE1704

Star Member
Dec 8, 2020
Hello All,

I applied for supervisa in November and IRCC requested medicals and medicals were passed on 4th January.
Do IRCC request medicals after confirming eligibility? How long it takes to get PPR from medicals passed?
It is all up to the IRCC official who opened your file. They may requested the medicals and closed your file without reviewing the eligibility. Or they would have assessed the eligibility and requested the medicals. So we can't say what is the ETA for the PPR.

But the good news is that your application has been taken up for the review. So hopefully you get the PPR soon !!