Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Hi,
I'm going to be applying for my father's super visa online (his current super visa is expiring in Sep 2023). (he is currently in India). He initially got it for 4 years only because his passport was expiring at the same time. He now has a new passport so I'm going to apply for a new super visa.
Question #1: In my research there is no way to 'renew' a super visa that's expiring. Does anyone know if there is an actual way to 'renew' the visa? I'm just planning to apply for a new super visa all together.
Question #2 : I see as of today, the super visa can only be applied through IRCC Portal. I signed up with GCkey but it directs me to go to the IRCC Portal to apply. So is applying through the IRCC portal the only way? From the posts here it had seemed GCkey is a bit more successful.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

CanadianDreamer@TO

Jul 23, 2021
In my experience, I trusted my representative and gave her all the documents needed. She was really strict with the documents. We had to redo our CA certificate as per my representative’s suggestion.
Submit upfront medicals.
Make sure you have strong proof of funds and ties back home.
Attach affidavits or letter of explanation if needed. (eg - my mother’s name(spelling) was different in passport and my birth certificate, we got an affidavit for this)

Even though my dad is not travelling, we provided my dads asset details, employment information, IT returns etc along with my mothers proof of funds.. to build a strong profile.

After submitting the application, all I did was to sit and pray.

Hope this small piece of info helps and wish you all the luck.
I am also planning to apply supervisa for my parents. I have two questions.
1. What is a CA Certificate?
2. What to do if parents' marriage certificate is not available?

vaibhav729

Dec 28, 2022
Hello All,

I have applied my parents super visa using new portal with upfront medical. However, my father’s medical showing completed on the portal whereas its showing “We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.” for my mother since 1 week and there is no update after that. I have called hospital and they mentioned that they have sent their results to embassy and they can not provide more details on it.

Could you please advise me what does it mean? Is it normal or something need to worry or any action required from our end?

Thank you!!

Last edited:

SACHINARDE

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi. I got my parents supervisa in Dec 2021 and they landed in Canada on 26th Dec 2021. The new rules regarding 5 year stay came out in July 2022. I am confused as I want to know whether my parents can stay upto 5 years from date of landing as the rule was declared later on after their initial landing.

Their supervisa vailidity is till 2028 .

shroffb

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2013
AOR Received.
19-11-2013
File Transfer...
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
20-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 22nd July...DM on 2nd August....Passport received on 11th August
Hello All,

I have applied my parents super visa using new portal with upfront medical. However, my father’s medical showing completed on the portal whereas its showing “We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.” for my mother since 1 week and there is no update after that. I have called hospital and they mentioned that they have sent their results to embassy and they can not provide more details on it.

Could you please advise me what does it mean? Is it normal or something need to worry or any action required from our end?

Thank you!!
I had similar case but with Biometrics. My mom's biometric was showing completed whereas my dad's biometric was showing "Not Received". They both did on the same day. After waiting for almost a month, i submitted web form with the Biometric receipt I had for my dad. Now after almost a month after submitting web form, my dad's biometric is showing updated. So i can only suggest you to wait a month or so, and then submit web form with medical proof.

Reactions: vaibhav729

vaibhav729

Dec 28, 2022
I had similar case but with Biometrics. My mom's biometric was showing completed whereas my dad's biometric was showing "Not Received". They both did on the same day. After waiting for almost a month, i submitted web form with the Biometric receipt I had for my dad. Now after almost a month after submitting web form, my dad's biometric is showing updated. So i can only suggest you to wait a month or so, and then submit web form with medical proof.
Thanks for the response!! I will wait for some more time, then submit web form.

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
Hello All,

Thank you!!
takes a week or two to get updates

sharma.a

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Applied supervisa for my mother last year and got the visa stamped. Her medical which was valid for 12 months expired on 1st Dec 2022.

I dont think she will be able to come here before that, if her medical expires I believe either the visa officer will reject her admission or will grant her 6 months entry and not 2 + years.

My understanding is to fix the issue we need to redo medical and have them valid at the time of entry, can anyone confirm how to redo medical ourselves? Do we just go to a medical center with old request letter and redo or I need to contact IRCC?
Hi @ciscoccie, what did you end up doing?

I am in a similar situation. My parents will be landing on 20th Jan '23. However, their medicals expired on 21st Dec '22. I am wondering what should I do now?

Should I ask them to redo the medicals in the remaining days or take the risk of not redoing them? If they don't redo the medicals, they might be provided with a visa for only 6 months and I will have to apply for extension. I clarified this with a couple of immigration consultants, and they said they need not redo the medicals. However, I read several posts on this forum stating the opposite of that.

sharma.a

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Hi All - Once the super visa is approved, does the parent need to enter Canada within a certain timeframe? The above post mentions about re-doing the medical after 12 months. I am unclear as I was under the impression that once the visa is stamped, the parents can enter anytime (even after 2 years or so).
Hi @canada_help , what did you end up doing?

I am in a similar situation. My parents will be landing on 20th Jan '23. However, their medicals expired on 21st Dec '22. I am wondering what should I do now?

Should I ask them to redo the medicals in the remaining days or take the risk of not redoing them? If they don't redo the medicals, they might be provided with a visa for only 6 months and I will have to apply for extension. I clarified this with a couple of immigration consultants, and they said they need not redo the medicals. However, I read several posts on this forum stating opposite of that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I'm going to be applying for my father's super visa online (his current super visa is expiring in Sep 2023). (he is currently in India). He initially got it for 4 years only because his passport was expiring at the same time. He now has a new passport so I'm going to apply for a new super visa.
Question #1: In my research there is no way to 'renew' a super visa that's expiring. Does anyone know if there is an actual way to 'renew' the visa? I'm just planning to apply for a new super visa all together.
Question #2 : I see as of today, the super visa can only be applied through IRCC Portal. I signed up with GCkey but it directs me to go to the IRCC Portal to apply. So is applying through the IRCC portal the only way? From the posts here it had seemed GCkey is a bit more successful.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
1. You have to apply for a new supervisa
2. Yes you must use the portal. Success rate is based on application not method of applying.

Reactions: ssparkles

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi @canada_help , what did you end up doing?

Should I ask them to redo the medicals in the remaining days or take the risk of not redoing them? If they don't redo the medicals, they might be provided with a visa for only 6 months and I will have to apply for extension. I clarified this with a couple of immigration consultants, and they said they need not redo the medicals. However, I read several posts on this forum stating opposite of that.
They don’t need to redo their medical before entering Canada. They may be required to give an updated medical history to the supervisa insurer if there has been any major changes to their health. You’ll need to look at their policy to see what is required. They do have to purchase and qualify for supervisa insurance every year to remain in Canada. Their use of their supervisa insurance policy will be an indicator of their health. If they ever apply for an extension it is fairly common to be asked to do a medical.

Reactions: sharma.a

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi. I got my parents supervisa in Dec 2021 and they landed in Canada on 26th Dec 2021. The new rules regarding 5 year stay came out in July 2022. I am confused as I want to know whether my parents can stay upto 5 years from date of landing as the rule was declared later on after their initial landing.

Their supervisa vailidity is till 2028 .
No they fall under the old terms so 2 years. They can apply for an extension before their 2 years is up if they want to try and visit for longer.

Dee3186

Aug 8, 2022
Hello All,

I am planning to apply for super visa for my mom. I am concerned about explaining her ties to the country she lives (india) in the invitation letter. She is widowed, doesn't own a home, no job, no pension. her own bank balance is very minimal. owns a piece of land and she helps my sister because my sister has a serious health condition and needs help often and she helps her own parents who are 80+ old when needed. I don't know if owning a land and the need to take care of my sister and my grand parents are good enough reasons.

Any suggestions please? Thank you.

sharma.a

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
They don’t need to redo their medical before entering Canada. They may be required to give an updated medical history to the supervisa insurer if there has been any major changes to their health. You’ll need to look at their policy to see what is required. They do have to purchase and qualify for supervisa insurance every year to remain in Canada. Their use of their supervisa insurance policy will be an indicator of their health. If they ever apply for an extension it is fairly common to be asked to do a medical.
Thanks for your response. It is really helpful!

Yes, we will update their insurance before they land and will continue to do so while they stay with us.