+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2022

veejar89

Aug 19, 2020
Guys, I reached canada in April 2022 and I tried applying visitor visa for my mother twice and both the time the application got rejected saying my mother did not have strong ties with her home country. Now I am planning to apply super visa by Mar 2023. Need your suggestions and inputs to proceed.

RPrabhakar

Jun 28, 2016
I am in Toronto. How about you?
She will definitely go back to Georgia before her current visa expires but I think since we applied for a new visa (super visa) after her current visa expires she technically should be on status implied until the decision is made on super visa.
Do you know how long it takes for the super visa to be reviewed and approved from Georgia? I heard that it takes a while to get the passport stamped and sent back from Ankara, hoping that is not the case lol
Supervisa application doesn't give you an implied status. Simply file another application for visitor extension, it is filed if a person is in canada and the visa is expiring. It is very easy to file online. You will have to file it before the expiry of visitor visa, once filed, you transition to an implied status. Visa extension now a days takes around 200 days. The best part is that after 200 days you may get 1 month to 1 year extension. If you get PPR request for Supervisa, don't send the passport to your home country. Passport for PPR can be submitted in Canada also but you will have to raise a webform and explain the whole situation and take their approval for sending the passport to Canadian office. On this forum you can find more information about sending passport in Canada for supervisa stamping.

Reactions: abbycee

Bennie__

Star Member
Aug 13, 2021
Guys, I reached canada in April 2022 and I tried applying visitor visa for my mother twice and both the time the application got rejected saying my mother did not have strong ties with her home country. Now I am planning to apply super visa by Mar 2023. Need your suggestions and inputs to proceed.
My mom’s super Visa application got refused today on not providing accurate proof of medical insurance coverage. But we paid for the medical insurance, any suggestions on what can be done, please?

v_i_r_u_s

May 9, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
11-08-2014
AOR Received.
18-09-2014
File Transfer...
18-09-2014
Med's Request
02-03-2015
Med's Done....
05-03-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
07-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2015
LANDED..........
25-10-2015
I am planning to apply for my parent in laws Supervisa. Can anyone give me an idea about how much of financial asset I need to show in my bank account for 2 persons Supervisa application. My family income for 2021 was over 100k as per NOA of both me and my spouse. My Parent in laws will show bank balance of approximately 15k CAD and also property (Residential house with 3 apartments).

lucasinho

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
I am planning to apply for my parent in laws Supervisa. Can anyone give me an idea about how much of financial asset I need to show in my bank account for 2 persons Supervisa application. My family income for 2021 was over 100k as per NOA of both me and my spouse. My Parent in laws will show bank balance of approximately 15k CAD and also property (Residential house with 3 apartments).
Can I sponsor my in-laws under the Parents and Grandparents Program?

No, you can only sponsor your own parents and grandparents.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1356&top=14

shamli verma

Nov 22, 2020
Hi there
Were your representative able to check your file status , for example what is going on and what process is going on
As my representative said, we dont see any updates on the portal these days
Please reply
I was the one who was checking in to the portal everyday .

Mehrad_zb

May 17, 2022
My parents got medical request on 7 july medical passed 18 july no update yet
My mother got the Passport request, but when I checked the application history noting a change, the last update is for the medical request date. is the pass request mean visa approval?

sahilk

Star Member
Apr 28, 2012
Canada
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
06-06-2016
AOR Received.
15-01-2017
LANDED..........
17-03-2017
My mom’s super Visa application got refused today on not providing accurate proof of medical insurance coverage. But we paid for the medical insurance, any suggestions on what can be done, please?
Did you purchased monthly or annual insurance?

brijoy887

Sep 11, 2022
Received the passport request a few days ago :)

I have to say that VFS Global's website is frustrating, to say the least. I want to send and collect my folk's passports using their two-way service, but it's impossible to register for the service online. I keep getting the following error after I make the payment and the payment does not do through:

"Payment Gateway confirmation is pending from the bank. Please check your account for the deduction of the amount after 2 hours else make a new webform request."

I called my bank, and they do not see any transactions.

I have been trying to book a two-way courier service using the following portal (which, is also impossible to find on their website on your own):
https://cicforms.mioot.com/forms/PS/

I tried using RBC, Scotia, and Simplii credit cards, but I got the same error. Do I need to use Indian credit cards? I called their customer service and they pointed me to the above portal.

Can anyone throw some light on this? Is there any other way to book a two-way courier service?
Had the same issues. Indian net banking account or indian credit card should work. But I didn't recall my transaction password. So used UPI and it worked like a charm.

brijoy887

Sep 11, 2022
Had visitor visa, it expired with old passport. So applied for Super Visa with new passport.

Timeline
Application Submitted: July 05, 2022 (New Portal)
Biometric: Accepted previous one
Medical Request: July 30, 2022
Medical Passed: August 16, 2022
Eligibility Review in progress: August 16, 2022
Background Check in progress probably form the same time or from when I submitted the application.

Details
Submitted 1 year travel medical expecting a faster approval based on timelines from June. Updated the insurance start date and sent a webform on Aug 29, 2022.

Does it look normal or could it be lost in the queue? Is there something I can do to move it faster or can I apply for visitor visa in parallel?
Finally, got the original passport request letter on Sep 27. After hassling with the VFS new payment system, blue dart picked up the passport in a day on Saturday (1st Oct). Started tracking and the mail was delivered to an IRCC office on Tuesday (4th Oct). Waiting for further updates

brijoy887

Sep 11, 2022
My mother got the Passport request, but when I checked the application history noting a change, the last update is for the medical request date. is the pass request mean visa approval?
I cannot comment if it is approved. But is most likely is. My mom's visa status was similar. Got passport request letter, no updates on approval at that time. But about 2 to 4 working days after passport request, it said "Your application was approved. You need to send us your valid passport to finalize your application. Check your messages below for details."

Background check still says the below though
"We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information"

Reactions: Mehrad_zb

tankala13

Feb 22, 2012
My mom applied for visitor visa on July 25, still in progress, under review.

I asked my mom to get upfront medical done so that I have everything for Super Visa.

Can I apply for super visa while her visitor visa is in progress??

Reason for applying super visa is that the processing time has dropped to 38 days in the last 2-3 months while Visitor visa has been constantly around 150 days +

Please advice if I can apply super visa while her visitor visa is in progress.

I am eligible for inviting her under super visa and have all the doc ls ready.