+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2022

KaZee20

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Yes, yesterday same thing. Email to check my IRCC account, and BVL in my IRCC account
I got BVL 4 days ago and my eligibility changed from we are checking whether you meet eligibility requirement back to your application is in progress and until now, no update.
I didn't even get an email for the BVL, checked my IRCC account and saw it right there.
Has anyone experienced this?

Last edited:

maplenow

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Update on parents application:

March 20th 2022 Supervisa Applicants:
Passport Request for Mother April 19th 2022. No news on father's application for 3 months.
Additional Medical Request for Father (Came to know through MP on June 8th. No communication from IRCC): Additional Medicals completed June 10th 2022.

Medicals Passed : August 17th.

Sent multiple webforms to IRCC with new 1 year full prepaid insurance document as we initially did the monthly plan. All they are saying is the information doesn't match their records. This doesn't make any sense. Applicant is submitting the webform and they are saying the information doesn't match. lol. Hoping to get the PPR soon for father.

All the best to everyone who is waiting!
I totally understand. Everytime we send some updates to my parent's application we get that reply saying that my father/mother is not authorized. That's plain silly. But it's also distressing knowing that they are not updating information to our application.

sonupathak

Star Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hi , same happened for me . We applied for my parents super visa on 15 Aug and the same day biometric request came for just my mother and not yet for my father.Did you get it?
Yes I got it after 2 days. I heard it takes only 2 months for processing but I see here people writing weird experiences.

canada_help

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Thank you for the information foxygrandpa.

If someone is renting , is 20k showing in bank is enough? Also I heard that writing a declaration is helpful.

I am in Canada, but my sibling will be representing them in their process, should they put their name in the application as family representative?

Also what are the good insurance companies? Can anyone give me some links regarding them?

Once again thanks for helping. I tried to reply in the post but it didn't let me.
Hello All - Please advise on some good insurance companies. Can anyone give me some links regarding them?

canada_help

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
I am in a bit of a situation.

I submitted super visa application for my parents, and CIC immediately requested their biometrics. While I am happy about the quick progress, the problem we have is that to get the biometrics done, my folks need to travel to Delhi or Kolkata, which is 3 hrs flight and the weather will be extremely hot right now. My parents are elderly and not used to extreme heat, so they are worried that they might fall sick. I had planned and timed the application, but my folks had a second thought regarding the heat, and I don't disagree with them.

Does anyone know anything about withdrawing an application that's already in progress?

Has anyone withdrawn their application and then reapplied? If so, how was your experience?
Hi @Once-A-Marketer - For biometrics, do they give a couple of weeks timeframe to get it done? How much time is given by them?

canada_help

Star Member
Jun 28, 2014
Applied supervisa for my mother last year and got the visa stamped. Her medical which was valid for 12 months expired on 1st Dec 2022.

I dont think she will be able to come here before that, if her medical expires I believe either the visa officer will reject her admission or will grant her 6 months entry and not 2 + years.

My understanding is to fix the issue we need to redo medical and have them valid at the time of entry, can anyone confirm how to redo medical ourselves? Do we just go to a medical center with old request letter and redo or I need to contact IRCC?
Hi All - Once the super visa is approved, does the parent need to enter Canada within a certain timeframe? The above post mentions about re-doing the medical after 12 months. I am unclear as I was under the impression that once the visa is stamped, the parents can enter anytime (even after 2 years or so).