+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2022

ranavaibhav

Jul 21, 2022
Hello community,

Two questions I have while my parents applying for SV on IRCC portal, there are two questions. Is there a minimum they must show? I cannot find any guidelines. I as sponsor would be showing NOA/Stubs but tyring to understand what would my parents would have to show as funding proofs

How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? (In Canadian dollars - CAD) (required)
Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada? (required)
Bump. Please advise me. Thanks

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello community,

Two questions I have while my parents applying for SV on IRCC portal, there are two questions. Is there a minimum they must show? I cannot find any guidelines. I as sponsor would be showing NOA/Stubs but tyring to understand what would my parents would have to show as funding proofs

How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? (In Canadian dollars - CAD) (required)
Is someone else giving you money for your stay in Canada? (required)
There is no minimums specified. In case of SV your funds are more important. So show whatever is available in their bank account. If you have good funds their application should get approved.

Reactions: ranavaibhav

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
IRCC portal
24 July 2022 Application submitted
24 July 2022 Biometrics request

Hey all,

I submitted a super visa application for my Mom and Dad today and immediately got a biometric request for my Mom. My Dad is the primary applicant, and my mom co-applicant. CIC requested biometrics for my mom, but not for my Dad. Is that normal?

Another question, is it possible to give upfront medical for online applications? Since they live really far away from the VSF office in India, I was wondering if it would be possible to give the biometric, do the medicals, and submit the passport during the same visit.

I would really appreciate any advice on the above.

Thank you!

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
submitted a super visa application for my Mom and Dad today and immediately got a biometric request for my Mom. My Dad is the primary applicant, and my mom co-applicant. CIC requested biometrics for my mom, but not for my Dad. Is that normal?
Not normal but biometric letters are auto generated by system. So it is possible your father's letter will appear in account soon.

Another question, is it possible to give upfront medical for online applications? Since they live really far away from the VSF office in India, I was wondering if it would be possible to give the biometric, do the medicals, and submit the passport during the same visit.
Not sure about upfront medical but you can't submit passport in same visit. Passport can be submitted only after passport request letter comes in your account. Also, you can probably get two way courier service for passport submission so no need to submit in person.

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
Not normal but biometric letters are auto generated by system. So it is possible your father's letter will appear in account soon.

Not sure about upfront medical but you can't submit passport in same visit. Passport can be submitted only after passport request letter comes in your account. Also, you can probably get two way courier service for passport submission so no need to submit in person.
Hi, @cansha . Thanks for replying. What is a two-way courier service for passports? Is it provided by VSF? If so, how and when do I request that service?

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
Application Date: 12 July 2022
Biometric: Updated on the same day ( From Previous Application)
Background Check in Progress.
Medical: Your Medical has passed ( July 25th 2022)
Still they have not started reviewing is common this way that medical is passed before the reviewing start.?
Anyone had experienced this?

Techron7

Apr 25, 2017
Timeline for Parents SuperVisa :

Submitted on : 06/22/2022 ( Applied from India and used old portal)
Biometrics : 06/22/2022.
Biometrics submitted on : 06/28/2022.
Medicals passed on : 07/17/2022 (Upfront medicals)
PPR request : 07/18/2022

Counterfoil documents were issued today. Eligibility and background checks only completed after counterfoil documents were issued but final decision section was updated to 'Your application was approved.' on 18th july i.e ppr date.

Just an observation but the old portal is not that consistent with sending update emails. After biometric request email, We never received any email updates.

Hope this helps and good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shahid12

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
Timeline for Parents SuperVisa :

Submitted on : 06/22/2022 ( Applied from India and used old portal)
Biometrics : 06/22/2022.
Biometrics submitted on : 06/28/2022.
Medicals passed on : 07/17/2022 (Upfront medicals)
PPR request : 07/18/2022

Counterfoil document was issued today. Eligibility and background checks only completed after counterfoil documents were issued but final decision section was updated to 'Your application was approved.' on 18th july i.e ppr date.

Hope this helps and good luck to everyone.
COngratulations
My parents medical passed today background is still processing

Reactions: Techron7

Techron7

Apr 25, 2017
Application Date: 12 July 2022
Biometric: Updated on the same day ( From Previous Application)
Background Check in Progress.
Medical: Your Medical has passed ( July 25th 2022)
Still they have not started reviewing is common this way that medical is passed before the reviewing start.?
Anyone had experienced this?
My parent's received ppr the next day after medical status was updated to passed. There was no email sent but there was a message in portal's message listing with subject 'Original Passport Request' which basically is a pdf. The Eligibility and background checks only completed after the passports were sent to ircc and stamped with visa.

Shahid12

Nov 9, 2019
My parent's received ppr the next day after medical status was updated to passed. There was no email sent but there was a message in portal's message listing with subject 'Original Passport Request' which basically is a pdf. The Eligibility and background checks only completed after the passports were sent to ircc and stamped with visa.
Thanks for the info.. I applied in New Portal

harkiran1992

Jul 12, 2021
Writing to see if anyone has faced this. I applied for my parents' Super Visa in Jul2021 in old portal and in Nov2021 in new portal. Medical passed pn 17Feb2022 for both. We received repeat biometrics request for mother on 17May2022, and nothing for my father. Biometrics were redone for my mom on 03Jun2022 and she received PPR the same day, and no update for my father. I requested gcms notes and received the copy today. As per the notes counterfoil is yes and under correspondence they have mentioned "original passport request" and the date is 17May2022, i.e., the date when we received repeat biometrics request for my mom. However, we never received any update in the account or email. As per the notes it is written PG-1 requirements met (on 17May2022), however no update in the file till date. It is pretty clear that his application is ready to be approved awaiting passport, however we never received the PPR and can not send passport without that. Has anyone faced something similar? What are my options?

matrix610

Jul 25, 2022
Hi, I’m applying Super Visa for my parents and I have a few questions regarding the following:

1. How much money do you have for your stay in Canada? - since I will shoulder all their expenses should I put how much money do I have or any amount will do?

2. Proof of ties ( economic & social) - both my parents are now retired, they don’t have any property under their name. The house we grew up in is now under my brother’s name. The only income they have is their monthly pension. Is there any other documents they can provide to prove they will back in our home country.