+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super Visa 2022

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
We received a refusal today as well. It says I did not submit profile of LICO. I had submitted Payslips, job letters(stating my and my wife's salary and tenure), bank statements. My NOA was $48580 for last year and my wife's NOA was $26000 and it is only 2 of us here so we were good with LICO requirements as well but the visa officer didn't bother checking our payslips/Job letters, refused on basis of not providing a NOA apparently. Not sure if I should apply again or just forget it.
did you include NoA or TAx return?

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
did you include NoA or TAx return?
I didn't because it had not come by the time I applied. I uploaded it later but they didn't even consider it.

katherineatcanada

Jun 11, 2019
Hi,
I'm very confused that if parent can convert a regular visitor visa to a super visa inside Canada or not?
If not, is it possible that my parents enter into Canada with the regular visitor visa after submitting their super visa applications outside Canada?
Can they do their visa biometrics and medical checks inside Canada?
And can they stamp the visa inside Canada instead of re-entering into Canada if they finally get approved?
Thank you!

asaeed100

Dec 4, 2019
Hi,
I'm very confused that if parent can convert a regular visitor visa to a super visa inside Canada or not?
If not, is it possible that my parents enter into Canada with the regular visitor visa after submitting their super visa applications outside Canada?
Can they do their visa biometrics and medical checks inside Canada?
And can they stamp the visa inside Canada instead of re-entering into Canada if they finally get approved?
Thank you!
Did anyone hear today on their Super Visa application?
applied on june 15. two ghost updates. no word since then. eligibility not started even.

jjlucas

Star Member
May 4, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello all,
question about finances, and I will not sugarcoat this; I came from a poor family, and my mother is a widowed housewife. She basically lives off support from all her daughters and sons (we are 5 total). So on the finance part I placed only 700 dollars (which is the amount she has today saved), and placed below on the form that I will help her and support her on this question. Luckily I am well employed here in Canada and have been so for a number of years. So through my tax returns it should show that I will be able to afford her comfortably during her visit, but what should I worry about the application to make sure she gets approved?

sims11111

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
We received a refusal today as well. It says I did not submit profile of LICO. I had submitted Payslips, job letters(stating my and my wife's salary and tenure), bank statements. My NOA was $48580 for last year and my wife's NOA was $26000 and it is only 2 of us here so we were good with LICO requirements as well but the visa officer didn't bother checking our payslips/Job letters, refused on basis of not providing a NOA apparently. Not sure if I should apply again or just forget it.
I don't know if you remember or not but i told you you need NOA or T4. if you got your NOA then try applying again it will work.

Last edited:

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
I don't know if you remeber or not but i told you you need NOA or T4. if you got your NOA then try applying again it will work.
I don't remember sorry but I did send through my NOA couple of weeks ago. Also no where on the Immigration website NOA is mentioned as a requirement.
As per IRCC official website:

How do I apply for a super visa?
To apply for a super visa, you need to submit an application to a visa office and provide
  • a letter of invitation written and signed by your child or grandchild promising financial support for the entire duration of your stay in Canada.
    • You must also include your host child or host grandchild’s family composition (dependents, including spouse, children or other relatives that are financially dependent on your host child or host grandchild).
  • one of the following documents to prove that your child or grandchild meets the low income cut-off (LICO)minimum (The Canadian or permanent resident spouse or common-law partner of your child or grandchild may co-sign the invitation letter to meet the LICO minimum):
    • The most recent copy of their federal income tax notice of assessment. If your child or grandchild does not have a paper copy of their notice of assessment, they can view (and print) their tax returns as well as other personal tax information using the Canada Revenue Agency’s My Account online service. To register or login, visit My Account.
    • The most recent copy of the child or grandchild’s T4 or T1.
    • An original letter from child’s or grandchild’s employer stating their job title, job description and salary.
    • The child or grandchild’s employment insurance benefit statements, including
      • a letter from an accountant confirming annual income, if self-employed
      • proof of other sources of income (for example, pension statement, investments)
It clearly states ONE of the following and I provided last 3 paystubs, Very detailed letter from my employer yet IRCC refused. If NOA is the most important document then they need to mention it on the website.

sims11111

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
I don't remember sorry but I did send through my NOA couple of weeks ago. Also no where on the Immigration website NOA is mentioned as a requirement.
As per IRCC official website:

How do I apply for a super visa?
To apply for a super visa, you need to submit an application to a visa office and provide
  • a letter of invitation written and signed by your child or grandchild promising financial support for the entire duration of your stay in Canada.
    • You must also include your host child or host grandchild’s family composition (dependents, including spouse, children or other relatives that are financially dependent on your host child or host grandchild).
  • one of the following documents to prove that your child or grandchild meets the low income cut-off (LICO)minimum (The Canadian or permanent resident spouse or common-law partner of your child or grandchild may co-sign the invitation letter to meet the LICO minimum):
    • The most recent copy of their federal income tax notice of assessment. If your child or grandchild does not have a paper copy of their notice of assessment, they can view (and print) their tax returns as well as other personal tax information using the Canada Revenue Agency’s My Account online service. To register or login, visit My Account.
    • The most recent copy of the child or grandchild’s T4 or T1.
    • An original letter from child’s or grandchild’s employer stating their job title, job description and salary.
    • The child or grandchild’s employment insurance benefit statements, including
      • a letter from an accountant confirming annual income, if self-employed
      • proof of other sources of income (for example, pension statement, investments)
It clearly states ONE of the following and I provided last 3 paystubs, Very detailed letter from my employer yet IRCC refused. If NOA is the most important document then they need to mention it on the website.
I know this but i think they need ur one year income and they can check with t4 or NOA easily. For example if you just started your job and give them paystub for 3 months and you want them to calculate your income on that base then you are not meeting LICO but you will meet LICO in future. They will not accept that but if you did work for whole year and meet LICO then they want your T4 or NOA. Something like that, I don't know how to explain but i tried.

sims11111

Star Member
Feb 11, 2021
Hello Guys, I applied for my Dad's supervisa in March and did biometrics and medical in April but haven't heard anything back after that, is anybody else in this situation?

Reactions: asaeed100

pmjc

Mar 17, 2022
SuperVisa for Parents:

Submitted : 06/22/2022
Biometrics Request : 06/22/2022.
Given Biometrics : 06/27/2022, status got updated on portal same day
Medicals passed : 07/19/2022 Morning( gave upfront medicals)
PPR request : 07/19/2022 Evening

Goodluck to all who are waiting !

How much was the medical or is it included with the application?

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello all,
question about finances, and I will not sugarcoat this; I came from a poor family, and my mother is a widowed housewife. She basically lives off support from all her daughters and sons (we are 5 total). So on the finance part I placed only 700 dollars (which is the amount she has today saved), and placed below on the form that I will help her and support her on this question. Luckily I am well employed here in Canada and have been so for a number of years. So through my tax returns it should show that I will be able to afford her comfortably during her visit, but what should I worry about the application to make sure she gets approved?
You have to worry about two things

1. Lack of funds in her name: But as you will be applying for super visa you can use your NOA as proof of funds given your good job in Canada for many years. If you would have applied for visit visa her finances would matter more than yours. Even if you state you will take care of her finances it may not always work in case of visit visa.

2. Given her lack of finances and no job / property in India other worry would be to prove ties to country. If all of your sisters live in India that may help as it will show she has family in India . Generally to show ties to home country people show job, house or land in India.