+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa-2 years stay only for first entry, next entries will be 6 months ?

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am confused with wordings on CIC website.

It says on intial enry they can stay for 2 years on INITIAL STAY. They did not mentioned about re-entry or further visits stay.
But i found following information which says they further stay will be six months only same as regular visitor.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/intake/super.asp

POE

The super visa offers parents and grandparents the possibility of visiting Canada for up to two years on their initial stay.

Once super visa holders’ initial status expires, and they leave Canada and seek re-entry, border services officers will assess super visa holders as regular visitors, pursuant to section 183 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

For further clarity, examining officers at a POE should refer to the Canada Border Services Agency’s operational bulletin.

sinx23

Apr 8, 2017
Re: Super visa- 2 years stay only for intial (first) entry then 6 months each

Hi, my mom is on Super visa and I am planning to extend her stay here. I will apply next year before the validity of her stay here expires. I heard from other people whom applied to extend their parents stay here have been approved for a year. So, I'm hoping to be approved for a year instead of just 6 months.

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Super visa- 2 years stay only for intial (first) entry then 6 months each

Thanks for reply.

My parents plan come for 3 months during first visit.

If next year they come back canada again for long stay. Can they stay for 2 years. Or subsequent visit will be 6 months only.

As website mentioned INITIAL ENTRY for 2 years. And next visit POE consider as a regular visitor only.

If we apply for extension. Then do parents get another visa counterfoil for visa/ letter as confirmation of extension?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: Super visa-2 years stay only for intial(first) entry, further entries 6 months

How long they are allowed into Canada on both the first and subsequent stays is entirely up to the CBSA officer they encounter at the border. If their first trip is six months, then they return to their home country and remain there for 6+ months, it's quite possible they will be allowed into Canada for 2 years on their second visit. But again, entirely up to the CBSA officer.

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Super visa-2 years stay only for intial(first) entry, further entries 6 months

Thank you so much scylla for reply.

If we apply for extention, do parents' passport get stamped with new date stamp/ visa counterfoil or CIC issue letter with new date.