+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Super visa- 2 years stay for first entry, future entries will be for 6 months?

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am confused with wordingon CIC website.

It says on intial enry they can stay for 2 years on INITIAL STAY. They did not mentioned about re-entry or further visits stay.
But i found following information which says they further stay will be six months only same as regular visitor.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/intake/super.asp

POE

The super visa offers parents and grandparents the possibility of visiting Canada for up to two years on their initial stay.

Once super visa holders’ initial status expires, and they leave Canada and seek re-entry, border services officers will assess super visa holders as regular visitors, pursuant to section 183 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR).

For further clarity, examining officers at a POE should refer to the Canada Border Services Agency’s operational bulletin.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Re: Super visa- 2 years stay only for intial (first) entry then 6 months each??

What is your question exactly ? For the initial 2 year stay the guidelines also says can apply to extend that stay without leaving. Ultimately a super visa is still in effect a visitor visa not a residency.

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Super visa- 2 years stay for first visit, future visits for 6 months?

Sorry for confusing you:

I changed subject.

My parents got super visa last week. they planning to visit canada for 3 months only on their initial/first visit this year. They do not want to stay 2 year on their initial visit.
Next year,2018, when they come back canada again. Can they stay for 2 years?

I pasted weblink from CIC, which say that at POE border agent will grant 2 year validity on INITIAL visit only. If leave canada and come back then on all subsequent entries border officer will consider super visa as a regular visitor visa and grant only 6 months stay. So 2 year stay is one time opportunity? Shall my parents cancel this year short visit and come next year so they can stay 2 years without applying for extention.

If we apply for extention, do parents' passport get stamped with new stamp/ visa counterfoil or CIC issue letter with new date.

Thank you.

dadbangalore

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
27-02-2017
Re: Super visa- 2 years stay for first visit, future visits for 6 months?

Sorry for confusing you:

I changed subject.

My parents got super visa last week. they planning to visit canada for 3 months only on their initial/first visit this year. They do not want to stay 2 year on their initial visit.
Next year,2018, when they come back canada again. Can they stay for 2 years?

I pasted weblink from CIC, which say that at POE border agent will grant 2 year validity on INITIAL visit only. If leave canada and come back then on all subsequent entries border officer will consider super visa as a regular visitor visa and grant only 6 months stay. So 2 year stay is one time opportunity? Shall my parents cancel this year short visit and come next year so they can stay 2 years without applying for extention.

If we apply for extention, do parents' passport get stamped with new stamp/ visa counterfoil or CIC issue letter with new date.

Thank you.
Hi,

Looking for same information as your question above. Checking in if you can share your experience on “length of admission “ of Subsequent visits on Supervisa after First/Initial Visit of 2 years completed already .

Thank you