+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(Super Delay) Work Permit Extension (inland) Timelines Here...

dani83

Feb 15, 2023
Oh and one thing I hadn't realized until now, since April 2022 the work permit validity time can be up to 3 years... I got my renewal for 3 years, which is much better than the 2 years they gave prior to that

ljoseph

Jan 4, 2021
Hi,
I am on my PGWP which would be expiring next year. I wanted to apply for extend my PGWP with my Spouse’s Open permit. How much it takes around to get the approval when applied from inside Canada?

mig_akira

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Hi,
I am on my PGWP which would be expiring next year. I wanted to apply for extend my PGWP with my Spouse’s Open permit. How much it takes around to get the approval when applied from inside Canada?
According to this tool, it should take 137 days if it's an online application for extension, or 17 days if it's a paper application... I had to extend my LMIA-based work permit 3 times, and usually this tool is pretty accurate in regarding to the processing times...

PS - To get those estimations, I selected "Temporary residence (visiting, studying, working)" -> "work permit from inside Canada (initial and extension)"