+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestions required- Study permit Rejection

madhu_p

Sep 24, 2022
Hi, I am from India. I have bachelors and master's degrees in civil engineering. I have a work experience of nearly 6 years. I applied for a second Masters program in Canada and git admission into University of Waterloo. I aim to do the second Masters in a different specialization. I applied for study permit in sds in May 2022. After 5 months, I got a rejection stating the following:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment and/or your future prospects and plans.

I deferred my admit to Winter 2023 from Fall 2022 as my visa decision came out late.
I have 8.6 CGPA in B.E, 82% in M.E., IELTS 8 band and GRE score of 330. I am really not sure what to do now. Is my rejection mainly due to second Masters? I have given explanation as to why I am going for this particular program at this point and how it helps my career in India.

Please suggest me how I can refute their points?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I am from India. I have bachelors and master's degrees in civil engineering. I have a work experience of nearly 6 years. I applied for a second Masters program in Canada and git admission into University of Waterloo. I aim to do the second Masters in a different specialization. I applied for study permit in sds in May 2022. After 5 months, I got a rejection stating the following:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous studies, mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment and/or your future prospects and plans.

I deferred my admit to Winter 2023 from Fall 2022 as my visa decision came out late.
I have 8.6 CGPA in B.E, 82% in M.E., IELTS 8 band and GRE score of 330. I am really not sure what to do now. Is my rejection mainly due to second Masters? I have given explanation as to why I am going for this particular program at this point and how it helps my career in India.

Please suggest me how I can refute their points?
Order GCMS notes because first point can mean several things. Is it another Masters in Engineering? If so, that is an issue. By taking another masters, can you justify the costs with a higher pay and career advancement? Why not a PhD? How old are you?

madhu_p

Sep 24, 2022
Hi, thanks for the reply. I am 29 years old. Yes, it is another M.E. program. I justified that the second Masters will help me with a promotion and the specialization I am aiming for this time is what I am working on in my current job. In addition, I stated that I will be taking leave at my current job and will be resuming after my studies which is true to some extent. I am taking leave for my studies. As for the costs, I showed loan and my sibling's sponsorship to fund my studies and stay.

I am not research oriented. So, I did not opt for PhD.

Doesn't GCMS notes take more than a month after ordering? If I want to go for Winter 2023, I won't have enough time to reapply after GCMS notes.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, thanks for the reply. I am 29 years old. Yes, it is another M.E. program. I justified that the second Masters will help me with a promotion and the specialization I am aiming for this time is what I am working on in my current job. In addition, I stated that I will be taking leave at my current job and will be resuming after my studies which is true to some extent. I am taking leave for my studies. As for the costs, I showed loan and my sibling's sponsorship to fund my studies and stay.

I am not research oriented. So, I did not opt for PhD.

Doesn't GCMS notes take more than a month after ordering? If I want to go for Winter 2023, I won't have enough time to reapply after GCMS notes.
GCMS notes do take time but you don’t know what first bullet means. It could be about funds because you are 29 and need your sibling’s financial support. You should be showing your own funds. Are you showing any of your own funds. Loans means that you then have to pay back the money so you really need to justify costs. If taking leave assume it includes letter from company that you will be promoted and make xx more than you do now. Is your sibling in canada?

madhu_p

Sep 24, 2022
I attached my FD, mutual funds and other financial proofs of my funds as well. I am just not using those investments to pay the fees. I submitted GIC of 10K CAD as well. My sibling is in India at the moment. I did not attach a CA report showing the assets my family has in India. Does that help with strengthening the profile financially and shows that I have family ties in India?

My company doesn't give the guarantee of promotion. I just have the proof that I will be getting unpaid leave for 2 years and after the expiry of the same, I will have to join.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I attached my FD, mutual funds and other financial proofs of my funds as well. I am just not using those investments to pay the fees. I submitted GIC of 10K CAD as well. My sibling is in India at the moment. I did not attach a CA report showing the assets my family has in India. Does that help with strengthening the profile financially and shows that I have family ties in India?

My company doesn't give the guarantee of promotion. I just have the proof that I will be getting unpaid leave for 2 years and after the expiry of the same, I will have to join.
Are the assets in your name (CA report)? If not no point. Your biggest issue is that you are taking another M.Eng. So your employment doesn’t show any promotion or higher salary? Then how can you justify the costs of another M.Eng? You can’t reapply without changing your application.