+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestions/Information about Best/safe place in ON

plank

Feb 21, 2008
Previously I posted it in SW/P immigration category. I think it should be here

Can anyone give a first hand idea/details on the best place/neighborhood to move to nearby Toronto or in ON?I mean this should include transit convenience/access to most places, close to locations with abundance of jobs, comparatively low priced locality and of course which will be safe also. I understand that it is hard to have something that has everything we want, but at least we want to have some idea/information about localities/neighborhoods in/nearby Toronto/Kitchener/Waterloo/London/Windsor/Ottawa

Also it would be great if you could provide some details/information about abundance of jobs in general in the areas of Software/Engineering/Teaching/Finance in these areas.

Which place/neighborhood would be best for initial settlement for first few months in terms of low cost of living and finding some quick temporary jobs for survival?

It would also be great If you could also point out some links/websites providing general information about questions mentioned above

Any inputs provided could help me in every way and I deeply appreciate your time and suggestions in advance

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
plank said:
Anyone or Seniors who could give some input?????
Settlement.org or Welcome to Ontario the website of the Immigration Ministry of Ontario,I personally liked the smaller cities like London,Kitchener and Ottawa,But sorry to break the news to you there IS NO ABUNDANCE OF JOBS IN ONTARIO,Try looking about 2 provinces west to SKS,AB or BC,But there are plenty of survival jobs since tens of thousands of Ontarios population migrated west looking for work,I hear they are badly in need of service people who basically moved to the West,you should easily land a survival job frying burgers,delivering pizza,cleaning etc.Teaching is down,Software is done,Financial market crashed so much unemployment there,Engineering is out west So lower your expectations of quality work and you should be fine