+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestion please: Canada or India (Imp)

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
And I rest my case here . I am not here to justify myself to you or anyone else. I am just expressing my view point and telling people to do thorough research before moving. I am not encouraging or discouraging anyone.

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
Test Completed: Jun 25th 2021
SecularFirst said:
Raising the kids coz its way better in Canada is highly overrated. Anyone can do just a little research about north American high school culture and tell me how its better than India or other countries. Its good if your kids wants to do normal everyday diplomas and degrees like accounting, management, electrician etc, but if you want to make your kids Doctor, dentist, lawyer or other high speciality professional, its way too hard getting in handful of canadian univs. Not to mention the insanely high cost of these professional programs. Atleast in India anyone can send his studious students to become doctors and engineers. Look at the large number of professionals working in US, they mostly come from India or China. Pls do thorough research before moving.
Hahaha......"in India anyone can send his students to become doctors and engineers"......I mean really and if you are talking about people who become doctors and engineers by paying giving huge donations in colleges which are not even recognized.....Ask them how easy is it to find a job in India!! By going to a college doesn't mean you became a doctor or an engineer!! I am proud Indian but I am not a blind Indian!!

Reactions: Rashmi_katyal

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
nidakh said:
Hahaha......"in India anyone can send his students to become doctors and engineers"......I mean really and if you are talking about people who become doctors and engineers by paying giving huge donations in colleges which are not even recognized.....Ask them how easy is it to find a job in India!! By going to a college doesn't mean you became a doctor or an engineer!! I am proud Indian but I am not a blind Indian!!
Compare it to sending them to Canadian Univ. First there are only 10 Univ with medical programs, and very small number of positions compared to whole country. Second, they want students to do insane amount of volunteering at community clinics. Decent grades and finally the insane amount of money for those programs. When I talk about Indian school and students, I am not talking about people like you average Joe's. I am taking about those who are truly intelligent but don't have money. They can still go to top schools like AIIMS and become world class surgeons. My point is about the opportunity they have even if they don't have money. Here no poor student can do that. Even volunteering can only be done if someone with money is paying for your everyday expense coz living is so expensive.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SecularFirst said:
I am taking about those who are truly intelligent but don't have money. They can still go to top schools like AIIMS and become world class surgeons. My point is about the opportunity they have even if they don't have money. Here no poor student can do that. Even volunteering can only be done if someone with money is paying for your everyday expense coz living is so expensive.
You have lived in Canada and North America for years and never even heard of OSAP? or student loans or student grants??? You still think that only rich kids can become a doctor or dentist?

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Alexios07 said:
You have lived in Canada and North America for years and never even heard of OSAP? or student loans or student grants??? You still think that only rich kids can become a doctor or dentist?
OSAP cover maximum $33k. Medical and dental program cost from $175k to $350k depending upon Univ and program. I am PR now and eligible for student aid BC which is equivalent to OSAP. The most they lend is $33k. Been there, done that.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
OSAP and other government programs provide limited funding, it's good for regular programs but not even close to fund professional programs. In india any poor can just study and beat all students in test to get into top rated medical school. The fee is peanut. Infact they pay students a stipend during study. All you need is a willpower and extremely Sharp mind.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SecularFirst said:
OSAP cover maximum $33k. Medical and dental program cost from $175k to $350k depending upon Univ and program. I am PR now and eligible for student aid BC which is equivalent to OSAP. The most they lend is $33k. Been there, done that.
LOL, I bet the account you are using is just a clone for this : RegularGuy right? Because I remember having this exact discussion with same pattern of thinking and reasoning.

RegularGuy said:
Education - In India top Engineering and medical school like IITs, AIIMS cost virtually nothing, same programs runs around 200k in canadian universities. No doubt its free till grade 12 but you pay insane amount of taxes.
Medical - in my city its 7 months wait for an MRI scan, imagine someone with back pain living on pain killers for 7 months before doctors can even see whats wrong. No doubt you can go to doctor and wont pay anything, but you pay MSPs plus they dont cover any prescriptions and surgeries. In india, bypass surgery costs around 12 to 15 lakhs, here they cost around 100k, that too after so much waiting time.
sure you can buy BMW, but you pay for it in 15years. Not the case in India, you buy decent cars, and live debt free. Plus enjoy with your friends. BMW hold the same social status here as honda city holds in India. Which world are you living my friend.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landed-18june-both-me-my-fiancee-got-a-job-withing-a-month-ask-me-anything-t446135.45.html

Same big talks, like making six figures or millions, but yourself still working in a retail job. This is not 4chan buddy.

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
SecularFirst said:
Compare it to sending them to Canadian Univ. First there are only 10 Univ with medical programs, and very small number of positions compared to whole country. Second, they want students to do insane amount of volunteering at community clinics. Decent grades and finally the insane amount of money for those programs. When I talk about Indian school and students, I am not talking about people like you average Joe's. I am taking about those who are truly intelligent but don't have money. They can still go to top schools like AIIMS and become world class surgeons. My point is about the opportunity they have even if they don't have money. Here no poor student can do that. Even volunteering can only be done if someone with money is paying for your everyday expense coz living is so expensive.
Oh really and how do you decide intelligence.......My husband is from IIT and myself from not a top institute but a decent institute which is number 5 in Maharashtra......But we don't call ourselves truly intelligent.....We are hard working people.....Nobody knows IIT here or anywhere let alone the so called engineering and medical colleges you talk about......My sister did MBBS from a number one government medical institute in her state and that college has given great doctors but still US and New Zealand do not recognize the degree unless you clear 5 levels of exams and because she is not an average Joe like me, she did clear it.......Stop living in a dream world and face reality.....Wherever you are and whether you are from IIT, IIM, AIMS or for that matter MIT....hard work is the only way you succeed......Doesn't matter if you are in India or Canada or anywhere in the world!

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nidakh said:
Oh really and how do you decide intelligence.......My husband is from IIT and myself from not a top institute but a decent institute which is number 5 in Maharashtra......But we don't call ourselves truly intelligent.....We are hard working people.....Nobody knows IIT here or anywhere let alone the so called engineering and medical colleges you talk about......My sister did MBBS from a number one government medical institute in her state and that college has given great doctors but still US and New Zealand do not recognize the degree unless you clear 5 levels of exams and because she is not an average Joe like me, she did clear it.......Stop living in a dream world and face reality.....Wherever you are and whether you are from IIT, IIM, AIMS or for that matter MIT....hard work is the only way you succeed......Doesn't matter if you are in India or Canada or anywhere in the world!
I think we can stop wasting our time with him. He's just going around this forum and try to scare other people. Read the link that I posted. We had this exact discussion several months ago already. Now he's using a new account to do the same thing.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Alexios07 said:
Yes. I spent two years and made a good network with many dentists and dental students here. From my personal experience i learnt that they need someone to cover expenses while volunteering, they infact need someone to recommend them to volunteer in the first place . Then they need recommendations from practicing professionals to get into programs. This can only be done if you have connections on those areas of society. Average Joe cannot do that. Thats why I feel it's very hard to move out of poverty in developed world, even if your are super hard working. Atleast poor from developing countries do enough efforts to come to Canada and better their lives compared to the condition they first start with. They they get stuck here like everyone.

nidakh

Mar 8, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
10th Jan 2021
AOR Received.
10th March 2021
Interview........
Alexios07 said:
I think we can stop wasting our time with him. He's just going around this forum and try to scare other people. Read the link that I posted. We had this exact discussion several months ago already. Now he's using a new account to do the same thing.
I guess you are right....Sometimes I just can't help ignoring!! :)

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
nidakh said:
Take a look, you didn't even get the point I raised in the post. I am telling the difference in opportunities for sharp minded people to get into programs they like and you are talking something else. This shows how efficient you are at thinking and reasoning.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Alexios07 said:
I got PR, (for which everyone is on forum), worked unrelated job like many newcomers but got to my desired aim in Career. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. Not even scaring or discouraging anyone. Just urging people who are over 30, well settled to do research before making the move. I don't care about you or anyone else you compare me with. I am expressing my opinion and you seems to be short of concrete arguments to back up your claims and resorting to random posts.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
You guys have good luck. I will even be giving up my PR status coz I will be moving to states for study. Could use PR for getting a student loan though. If you ever leave your family, friends, loved one and place your grew up behind, make sure you make it really really big. Not worth being stuck in average life after giving up all those things. Peace out.