+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestion on Student dependent spouse visa and requirements there off

ekrambaig

Apr 20, 2018
I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend since last 2 years and Fiancee since last 8 months. Right now she is a student studying in Canada from last 6 months. We thought of getting married once I reach Canada. Now, I got to know that there are many challenges in doing so if I apply through EE due to my low CRS scores. We are planning to get married once she completes her second semester (total she has 4 semesters). She will have around 6 days in India. Now the Question is -

1. What are the options for me to reach Canada and get married? Tourist Visa? What if I get married there? Will I be still eligible for a Dependent student spouse visa? Will this not create any problems in filing for her PR?

2. Will there be any problems for her if she travels to India and later on I apply for a spouse visa? How many days can this take?

3. As she would not get leaves for more than 10 days - changing her name on passport or adding spouse name on passport will take a lot of time - is this mandatory for filing for a spouse visa?

4. Any other option do you suggest - We want to move to Canada, work and apply for PR and Citizenship consequently. Please advise what is the best option we can follow

Thanks for your help