+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Suggestion on PR application EE Timeline (for me + spouse)

Akrk10

Mar 14, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Can someone please suggest me on the following questions i have before submitting my PR application EE.

PR application planning EE: (CEC Inland) + spouse (Outland - India)

Q1) I'm on PGWP now(about to expire in 4 months) ,i'm planning to apply PR next month for me and my spouse together. can anyone suggest me on the timeline that the application would be processed. i know mine would take around 4 -6 months given the current processing times, i wasn't sure on how many months my wife's application would be processed. will it be processed at the same time as my application or would it take 12-16 months as i'm adding her as an outland applicant? i'm submitting all the documents for me and my spouse upfront.

Q2) I got married last last month, do i have to inform anyone of my marriage or adding her as a dependent while filing for PR is Suffice?

Q3) I'm planning to apply a visiting visa for her before i apply for a PR, would it be a good idea to apply a visitor visa now and if it is rejected, would that impact my PR application process time?

kindly Suggest, Thanks!

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Akrk10 said:
Hello Everyone,

Can someone please suggest me on the following questions i have before submitting my PR application EE.

PR application planning EE: (CEC Inland) + spouse (Outland - India)

Q1) I'm on PGWP now(about to expire in 4 months) ,i'm planning to apply PR next month for me and my spouse together. can anyone suggest me on the timeline that the application would be processed. i know mine would take around 4 -6 months given the current processing times, i wasn't sure on how many months my wife's application would be processed. will it be processed at the same time as my application or would it take 12-16 months as i'm adding her as an outland applicant? i'm submitting all the documents for me and my spouse upfront.
Both of you will get PR together. On the timeline: you can expect to get PPR within 3 months. For safe side, apply for bridge work permit once you get AOR.

Q2) I got married last last month, do i have to inform anyone of my marriage or adding her as a dependent while filing for PR is Suffice?
You need to update about your marriage in Express Entry profile. The points changes when you add your spouse's details. If hope you haven't already got your ITA.

The only thing CiC requires is marriage certificate. If you don't have the legal marraige certificate, then I would suggest you to get one.

Q3) I'm planning to apply a visiting visa for her before i apply for a PR, would it be a good idea to apply a visitor visa now and if it is rejected, would that impact my PR application process time?
I don't have answer for this one.

kindly Suggest, Thanks!

Akrk10

Mar 14, 2016
Hi,

Thanks for the response, i do have the marriage certificate with me and i will apply for Bridge to be safe. i was worried that my wife's application would take more time than mine as she is living in india now, if she can get the PR at the same as i do, then i will probably drop the idea of applying for visiting.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
I am in the same boat as you. My wife is in India. I am not applying for her tourist visa as I am expecting to get our PR in the next 3 months.

Akrk10

Mar 14, 2016
yeah, it doesn't make much sense to apply for visiting at this point, good to hear from someone with similar situation, good luck to us both :), please share your application updates here, Thanks

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Akrk10 said:
yeah, it doesn't make much sense to apply for visiting at this point, good to hear from someone with similar situation, good luck to us both :), please share your application updates here, Thanks
No problem. I am in March AOR group. I will be updating my progress there.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3 months is possible, but it is pretty optimistic. I had a pretty straightforward case and it took 5 months plus from AOR to COPR.

You should expect 5-6 months and anything quicker is a bonus.

Also, to the OP: the overall timeline also depends on your score. The higher it is, the quicker you will get an ITA.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Dexmoody said:
3 months is possible, but it is pretty optimistic. I had a pretty straightforward case and it took 5 months plus from AOR to COPR.

You should expect 5-6 months and anything quicker is a bonus.

Also, to the OP: the overall timeline also depends on your score. The higher it is, the quicker you will get an ITA.
Hey friend, CEC inland is quicker. 3 of my friends under the same category got PPR within 3 months. 1 friend got in 45 days, other two got in 75 days.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coolhyd said:
Hey friend, CEC inland is quicker. 3 of my friends under the same category got PPR within 3 months. 1 friend got in 45 days, other two got in 75 days.
You can't generalise that. I know of at least one CEC inland applicant from the August group who still hasn't received PPR:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-in-august-2015-t332574.0.html;msg5053174#msg5053174

Processing time depends on many factors, not only on the immigration program. Adding your Outland spouse is certainly not going to make your case more straightforward

Look - I hope you'll get your PPR in 3 months. Just don't count on it and make plans based on it.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
Dexmoody said:
You can't generalise that. I know of at least one CEC inland applicant from the August group who still hasn't received PPR:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/aor-in-august-2015-t332574.0.html;msg5053174#msg5053174

Processing time depends on many factors, not only on the immigration program. Adding your Outland spouse is certainly not going to make your case more straightforward

Look - I hope you'll get your PPR in 3 months. Just don't count on it and make plans based on it.
Thanks for sharing information. You are right it might take more than 3 months when we include spouse who is living outside Canada.