+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sudden return to Canada from UK

Dec 4, 2019
Hi I'm looking for some guidance.

I came home to Canada on a recent visit to my family and while here my husband has declared intentions for divorce. I've been living in the UK for the last 9 years and have two children. What's more my husband has already sold our family home, shipped my belongings (they are allegedly en route to Canada) and he has moved back to Pakistan & is no longer living in the UK.

Being that I do not have any extended family in the UK and no physical home to return to I've been left with no choice but to stay in Canada (I am a Canadian citizen, one of my children has a Canadian passport and the other is still a baby though her application is being processed).

I am not sure what steps I need to take now that I'm already in Canada in order to legally live here again and begin looking for work etc. And in all honesty I'm just trying to catch up with how abruptly this all has happened.

Any tips or info would be very helpful as I'm trying to sort through a lot all at once and very suddenly.

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I'm looking for some guidance.

I came home to Canada on a recent visit to my family and while here my husband has declared intentions for divorce. I've been living in the UK for the last 9 years and have two children. What's more my husband has already sold our family home, shipped my belongings (they are allegedly en route to Canada) and he has moved back to Pakistan & is no longer living in the UK.

Being that I do not have any extended family in the UK and no physical home to return to I've been left with no choice but to stay in Canada (I am a Canadian citizen, one of my children has a Canadian passport and the other is still a baby though her application is being processed).

I am not sure what steps I need to take now that I'm already in Canada in order to legally live here again and begin looking for work etc. And in all honesty I'm just trying to catch up with how abruptly this all has happened.

Any tips or info would be very helpful as I'm trying to sort through a lot all at once and very suddenly.

Thank you
There's nothing you need to do to be able to legally live here. You are entitled to live here since you are a Canadian citizen.

Assuming you have a SIN, you can work. If you don't have a SIN, then you can apply for one immediately at a Service Canada office.

Dec 4, 2019
There's nothing you need to do to be able to legally live here. You are entitled to live here since you are a Canadian citizen.

Assuming you have a SIN, you can work. If you don't have a SIN, then you can apply for one immediately at a Service Canada office.

Thank you for replying so quickly. Do you know if I need to make any declaration to Service Canada that I intend to live here now?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for your time, I just wanted to be clear, is that No as in you don't know or No as in I don't need to make any declarations? Thank you again.
No declaration required