+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Successful Landing and Return to USA Same day using AVR - 8/01/2020 - Peace Bridge Buffalo, NY

sam 1234

Jun 13, 2020
Buddy. Cashiers cheque is not needed. Not sure from where you got that information.
Your latest bank statements will do. Refer below link for amount required depending on your family.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html
Thanks praveen. Just realized a couple of questions:
My spouse is in H4 visa and we applied to PR together. is AVR applicable for h4 visa holders too?
if I had to travel alone for the PR landing . Does it raise any question in the CBSA as to why my partner did not travel with me ?

praveen07cse

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
My spouse is in H4 visa and we applied to PR together. is AVR applicable for h4 visa holders too?
if I had to travel alone for the PR landing . Does it raise any question in the CBSA as to why my partner did not travel with me ?
I believe AVR is applicable for any visa. But just check cross check on this. I am not 100% sure.
Traveling alone for PR landing is not an issue. But primary applicant should land first. CBSA will not have any question on this.

Refer below thread for successful landings and AVR. May be someone might have gone through same situation.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-soft-landing-from-us-after-eo.693114/

Reactions: sam 1234

sam 1234

Jun 13, 2020
I believe AVR is applicable for any visa. But just check cross check on this. I am not 100% sure.
Traveling alone for PR landing is not an issue. But primary applicant should land first. CBSA will not have any question on this.

Refer below thread for successful landings and AVR. May be someone might have gone through same situation.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-soft-landing-from-us-after-eo.693114/
Thanks so much. Appreciate your response and all the best!

guca

Star Member
Aug 24, 2018
Yes, AVR is for H4 visa holders also. I have used AVR couple of times on H4 visa

Reactions: sam 1234

Ammjyo

Jun 2, 2019
Hello Guys,

Here is my landing experience

Landing date : 08/01/2020
Port of entry : Peace Bridge Buffalo - Fort Erie
US Status : Expired H1-B visa and change of employer, My wife had valid visa

Canada border:
Officer at the initial entry point asked why we were entering Canada today.
We responded that we are here for completing our landing and intending to make a U turn after completing the process
His response was why do you need to do that during this pandemic situation? We responded, since our COPR is about to expire and pandemic is not going away anytime soon we are doing our landing before its expiry.

He gave a nod and asked us to proceed to the building to complete the formalities

We handed off all the documents to the agent and he asked the same question if we are moving in permanently or just landing.
We confirmed that we are here to do the landing and returning to US.
Agent agreed and requested for the address to deliver PR card and confirmed with us that someone will acknowledge the mail and accept the card on our behalf.
Also he informed that since I am only landing today and not moving as a settler he won't get any Good to Follow List. When we are moving in permanently and stay in Canada at least for a year, we can get the goods with tax empt and that should not be an issue. We agreed and completed rest of the formalities.

I also read a thread that its the right way to give GTF only when you were landing permanently. So I believe the officer was right :)
https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada - @NerdNinjaMan thanks for this!

US border:
We handed off passports along with my I797 and attached I-94 to the agent .
The agent was asking about our trip and was curious about Canada PR process as well. We gave him little bit info on that.
He then informed us that I would get an paper I-94 since there is no visa on my passport.
We were directed to park our car on a spot and after 15 mins, I was called by the agent to the office and he issued me paper I-94.(Some of them dont get this updated I-94 and I guess thats fine as well since the exit and entry would be on the same day)
Since my wife had valid visa, no changes or stamping was done on her passport.

Overall on both sides, we didn't face any issues and was able to complete the intended process and get back to business.

Hope this helps if anyone in the same situation is looking to travel in this situation.

I will happy to help if any one have any questions.
Hi
Congratulations!

Did you have expired visa ( and now you are with a different employer with no valid visa from them ) from your previous employer which you used for AVR ?

Thanks