+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

successful judicial review on h and c

Uzul24

Mar 18, 2019
Good evening everyone,
My H and C application was refused this year, and I sought a judicial review of the decision. I was successful and the judge asked my case to be sent back and should be re-determined by a different officer .
Please has anyone encountered such a situation ? Will my H and C be approved this time by a different officer?
Your responses will be highly appreciated .
Thanks......

Uzul24

Mar 18, 2019
Ok, thank you very much for responding. It means they might still refuse my application again considering the amount of money already spent.
So much uncertainty !!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok, thank you very much for responding. It means they might still refuse my application again considering the amount of money already spent.
So much uncertainty !!!
Your application basically returns to scratch and is reviewed again like your initial H&C application.

Uzul24

Mar 18, 2019
Ok,
thank you very much .Would it take the same time as the previous application?
Should I have hope for a positive response?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok,
thank you very much .Would it take the same time as the previous application?
Should I have hope for a positive response?
Should be faster than anyone applying for a new H&C application. There isn’t a better or worse chance of getting approved. It will get evaluated again and the result will be dependent on your case.

Aubrey042878

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Good evening everyone,
My H and C application was refused this year, and I sought a judicial review of the decision. I was successful and the judge asked my case to be sent back and should be re-determined by a different officer .
Please has anyone encountered such a situation ? Will my H and C be approved this time by a different officer?
Thanks......
Hi congratulations for getting a successful judicial review. I had the same thing.

Reactions: Uzul24

Aubrey042878

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Good evening everyone,
Thanks......
Any news from the new officer? Mine takes like 6 months for a response after returning the application and plus additional documents. I submitted my medical last Dec. plus police clearances.

Uzul24

Mar 18, 2019
Any news from the new officer? Mine takes like 6 months for a response after returning the application and plus additional documents. I submitted my medical last Dec. plus police clearances.
Yes, my application was approved in principle. I was asked to submit additional documents.

Aubrey042878

Star Member
Jan 20, 2021
Thats good. That’s what they ask me too. Now i am just waiting. So you also do your medical and police clearance?