Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
She had 12 days for test and 16 days for oath after the invitation email came through. Very unlikely that they will accommodate that request. She had limited (not impossible though) travel abilities due to health reasons, so we had requested for the same. But, was not accommodated. She had to travel twice in the mid of winter. So, yeah, we bit the bullet and made expensive and bit inconvenient trips. But, believe me, it is worth it. In a span of lifetime, that expense is nothing, but Canadian citizenship is everything :)
Great answer. Another important point to notice in your spreadsheet ; it was 9 months from "In Process" to test. Do you think it was that long a period, because you were abroad?

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Great answer. Another important point to notice in your spreadsheet ; it was 9 months from "In Process" to test. Do you think it was that long a period, because you were abroad?
It may have nothing to do with being abroad
People who have been in Canada waiting for more than a year while there are people living outside Canada (submitted in Toronto ) got everything done within 8 months

SuSha167

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
First of, given timelines in Mississauga, I wouldn't think her application took long. Sometime they invite for test early and make you wait for oath. Sometimes they pack everything close by, as in her case. 10 months processing is normal time for Mississauga applicants. Second, she was in Canada until the very end of October (5 months after "in process"). So, unlikely her absence had anything to do with her application. I think they treated her application like the rest, neither delayed, nor prioritized, nor accommodated her requests for test, oath in single trip. In our opinion, her application was as normal as it could be. Again, our opinion alone.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
How the office -to which the citizenship application is sent- is selected? Is it an option or must be the city/province of the applicant's residence? Or a central office distributes the applications as it was the case for the PR? I don't think all provinces have the same percentages of immigrants. Probably Ontario (Toronto) and Quebec (Montreal) have the highest rates of immigrants.

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
How the office -to which the citizenship application is sent- is selected? Is it an option or must be the city/province of the applicant's residence? Or a central office distributes the applications as it was the case for the PR? I don't think all provinces have the same percentages of immigrants. Probably Ontario (Toronto) and Quebec (Montreal) have the highest rates of immigrants.
After they check for completeness of the application at sydney, NS, they send it to an office close to your residence. That is what it says on the ecas
page. Where they explain what every status label like " application received, "in process", " decision made' means.

Reactions: CaBeaver

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
I have another question which is remotely related: were you working outside Canada while your citizenship application was being processed? and did you pay any Canadian income taxation on your income abroad if that was the case? or did they ask you to? Thanks in advance

Aby444

Oct 10, 2014
Abuja
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 - 05- 2016
LANDED..........
JUNE 26, 2016
Thank you so much for sharing. There is very limited information on this topic.

NxBxS

Jun 24, 2019
She had 12 days for test and 16 days for oath after the invitation email came through. Very unlikely that they will accommodate that request. She had limited (not impossible though) travel abilities due to health reasons, so we had requested for the same. But, was not accommodated. She had to travel twice in the mid of winter. So, yeah, we bit the bullet and made expensive and bit inconvenient trips. But, believe me, it is worth it. In a span of lifetime, that expense is nothing, but Canadian citizenship is everything :)
Hi I have a question. If you moved abroad which address did she provide for the citizenship certificate to be mailed too? A trusted family member? Similar predicament and wondering about that. Thank you in advance

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Hi I have a question. If you moved abroad which address did she provide for the citizenship certificate to be mailed too? A trusted family member? Similar predicament and wondering about that. Thank you in advance
Easiest thing is to provide one within Canada....so Family or Friend and then you can make preparations afterwards about how to get it across to wherever you are currently residing.

NxBxS

Jun 24, 2019
Easiest thing is to provide one within Canada....so Family or Friend and then you can make preparations afterwards about how to get it across to wherever you are currently residing.
Thank you! I wasn’t sure if that was okay or not. I will give them a trusted friend address