+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

successful case - spouse work experience removed

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
Hi all,

Anyone himself/herself or know the case who removed the spouse work experience(no point claim and filled all experience in personal history) and successfully received visa stamp.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
All work experience of my spouse was in his personal history and none in work history.
Also 1 work experience of myself was in personal history only.
I got PPR the other day.

So there is no problem with that.

Reactions: sandra02

chente

Mar 1, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vensak said:
All work experience of my spouse was in his personal history and none in work history.
I got PPR the other day.

Great vensak! Thanks as always and congrats on the PPR!

techLover

Aug 29, 2016
vensak said:
I got PPR the other day.

Thanks Vensak. Many congratulations :)

amysanyer

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
vensak said:
I got PPR the other day.

Congrats! Looks like your processing went very fast! Your work experience that was in the personal history section, did you ever fill it in work history at all. I'm having difficulty getting a reference letter from an employer so I'm thinking of moving that particular work experience to personal history. I'm not sure if it will be okay to do that now that I have received an ITA already. Can you advise me on this please?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amysanyer said:
Congrats! Looks like your processing went very fast! Your work experience that was in the personal history section, did you ever fill it in work history at all. I'm having difficulty getting a reference letter from an employer so I'm thinking of moving that particular work experience to personal history. I'm not sure if it will be okay to do that now that I have received an ITA already. Can you advise me on this please?
Yes it was in my work history at the start. Later on I have deleted that one.
When I was submitting my application, I have written LOE and it also included explanation of documents for my work history.
I have stated there, that I am simply not claiming points for that one, so it is only in personal history.
As long as it will not change your CRS points or it will not make you FSW eligible (67 points of 100), you are good to go.

Reactions: sandra02

amysanyer

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
vensak said:
Yes it was in my work history at the start. Later on I have deleted that one.
When I was submitting my application, I have written LOE and it also included explanation of documents for my work history.
I have stated there, that I am simply not claiming points for that one, so it is only in personal history.
As long as it will not change your CRS points or it will not make you FSW eligible (67 points of 100), you are good to go.
Thanks so much for your prompt response. Thing is I don't know if it will affect my score. I'm trying to have as much in my work experience as I can cos I'm not sure how they calculate it. Some people say if you're claiming points for 3 years then it has to be 3 years continuous. Is that correct? Was your experience all continuous?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amysanyer said:
Thanks so much for your prompt response. Thing is I don't know if it will affect my score. I'm trying to have as much in my work experience as I can cos I'm not sure how they calculate it. Some people say if you're claiming points for 3 years then it has to be 3 years continuous. Is that correct? Was your experience all continuous?
Not that is not correct.
It just needs to be 3 years in last 10 years. it can be from different employers and there can be gaps in between. it can even be under different NOC
Condition is just that if you want to cash work experience under 1 NOC, your first work experience under that NOC shall be 1 year continous one.

For example

you worked as NOC KKKK - 15 months for one employer
then you had 3 months break
then you work still under KKKK - 11 months for next employer.
That can be counted as 2 years of experience total

amysanyer

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
vensak said:
Not that is not correct.
It just needs to be 3 years in last 10 years. it can be from different employers and there can be gaps in between. it can even be under different NOC
Condition is just that if you want to cash work experience under 1 NOC, your first work experience under that NOC shall be 1 year continous one.

For example

you worked as NOC KKKK - 15 months for one employer
then you had 3 months break
then you work still under KKKK - 11 months for next employer.
That can be counted as 2 years of experience total
Thanks so much Vensak. One last question. How do they calculate the 10 years? is it from the date you submit the PR application or date you receive ITA. For example if I submit application in May would my 10 years be from May 2007 to May 2017. I ask this cos I'm wondering if my years of experience will still remain the same or would it be reducing as the months go by. Or do they just count it from 2017 and that's it.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amysanyer said:
Thanks so much Vensak. One last question. How do they calculate the 10 years? is it from the date you submit the PR application or date you receive ITA. For example if I submit application in May would my 10 years be from May 2007 to May 2017. I ask this cos I'm wondering if my years of experience will still remain the same or would it be reducing as the months go by. Or do they just count it from 2017 and that's it.
It is the date of your AOR (usually equal with the date when you submit your application).
If it is a work experience that is overlapping (started more than 10 years ago but continued longer), they will only count the part that is less than 10 years old compared to AOR. And if the remaining activity in such overlapping activity is less than 1 year, then that one cannot be counted as well:
Eg.: you worked for 1 company under 1 NOC 3 years, but only last 11 months of that work experience are less than 10 years old.

Also what is explained above is valid for international work experience, not for Canadian work experience.

amysanyer

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
vensak said:
It is the date of your AOR (usually equal with the date when you submit your application).
If it is a work experience that is overlapping (started more than 10 years ago but continued longer), they will only count the part that is less than 10 years old compared to AOR. And if the remaining activity in such overlapping activity is less than 1 year, then that one cannot be counted as well:
Eg.: you worked for 1 company under 1 NOC 3 years, but only last 11 months of that work experience are less than 10 years old.

Also what is explained above is valid for international work experience, not for Canadian work experience.
Oh really. That means I have to submit my application ASAP then! :eek: :eek:

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amysanyer said:
Oh really. That means I have to submit my application ASAP then! :eek: :eek:
Go for it. All freezes at the day of AOR. Only exception is for your age. that one freezes at the day of ITA.

Hikky

May 31, 2017
Hello all, I checked my profile just to save all d things I filled while setting up my profile and I discovered dat I used NOC 6551 for my spouse but I wanted to choose 6552. Definitely i can't change it now. If I am asked again while completing my application, do I maintain NOC 6551 or can I choose the correct one NOC 6552? Or should i just remove her work experience then move it to personal history

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
Guys, when you are removing work experience, be sure, that not to affect on your 67/100 point in FSW. That system gives the most points for 6 years work experience, meanwhile EE score gives the maximum for 3 years.