+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Success Story of Visitor Visa After Refusal

3YrsLeftOnPR

Aug 12, 2020
Hi!

I am creating this thread to share ones own experience and/or feedback of recent past rejections (2021 to 2023) for Visitor Visa and may be received an Approval in next attempt(s). Please share a quick gist tat might help others to follow.

Please share your thoughts and what was the reason addressed to get Visitor Visa.

Below is my experience of refusal for my sibling (Sister):
1) I am a Permanent Resident of Ontario and wanted my family members(Mother, Brother & Sister) to come visit me here.
2) Applications initiated & submitted for all 3 off them and except for my sister both my Mother & brother were approved with 10 years of visitors visa.
3) My sister is a single and the GCMS note stated that she is a potential immigrant though she had CAD 12000 in her bank account and also a Data Scientist job in India.
4) My sister also holds a USA Visitor Visa that we have projected in the additional documents like invitation letter, etc stating that she did visit me when I was in USA.

We both are seeking for alternatives of how to prove them wrong that she does not wish to stay or abuse Visitor Visa to stay in Canada. Except for me neither of my family members wish to leave India and migrate to Canada.

Therefore, anyone else in similar situation now or in the past might help folks like me to invite your loved ones!

Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi!

I am creating this thread to share ones own experience and/or feedback of recent past rejections (2021 to 2023) for Visitor Visa and may be received an Approval in next attempt(s). Please share a quick gist tat might help others to follow.

Please share your thoughts and what was the reason addressed to get Visitor Visa.

1) I am a Permanent Resident of Ontario and wanted my family members(Mother, Brother & Sister) to come visit me here.
2) Applications initiated & submitted for all 3 off them and except for my sister both my Mother & brother were approved with 10 years of visitors visa.
3) My sister is a single and the GCMS note stated that she is a potential immigrant though she had CAD 12000 in her bank account and also a Data Scientist job in India.
4) My sister also holds a USA Visitor Visa that we have projected in the additional documents like invitation letter, etc stating that she did visit me when I was in USA.

We both are seeking for alternatives of how to prove them wrong that she does not wish to stay or abuse Visitor Visa to stay in Canada. Except for me neither of my family members wish to leave India and migrate to Canada.

Therefore, anyone else in similar situation now or in the past might help folks like me to invite your loved ones!

Thank you!
What were reasons for refusal? Age? Did she apply with mother and brother? How long was visit? Does she have EE profile?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi!

Thank you!
You are a permanent resident living in Ontario but not a Permanent Resident of Ontario. Look at your PR card. It's not Ontario, but Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi!

Thank you!
Has she travelled internationally before to places like US, UK, Australia ,etc.? Have your brother and mother travelled to Canada and returned home? How old is your sister and how long has she been working at her current job?

Reactions: ashmaitsingh

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023
Has she travelled internationally before to places like US, UK, Australia ,etc.? Have your brother and mother travelled to Canada and returned home? How old is your sister and how long has she been working at her current job?
she mentioend that sister has US tourist visa and visited her in USA already

3YrsLeftOnPR

Aug 12, 2020
What were reasons for refusal? Age? Did she apply with mother and brother? How long was visit? Does she have EE profile?
The reason of denial is potential immigrant; 42 yrs, separate individual applications, 1 Month, in 2018 she had Express Entry profile for Permanent Resident application; And she has a travel history to USA in 2016 for 4 weeks.

3YrsLeftOnPR

Aug 12, 2020

She does have a travel history to USA in 2016 for 4 weeks. My mother visited me last year for 4 months and left to India. My sister is 42 years and she is working for the current employer for past 1 year. And she has been employed consistently in India for more than 15 years now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The reason of denial is potential immigrant; 42 yrs, separate individual applications, 1 Month, in 2018 she had Express Entry profile for Permanent Resident application; And she has a travel history to USA in 2016 for 4 weeks.
Post reasons for refusal. Is he US visa still valid? She doesn’t have a lot of funds for a month long visit? No family ties, if single. Has only been with employer for one year. Previous EE profile showing intent to immigrate. Overall her profile needs to be strengthen.

3YrsLeftOnPR

Aug 12, 2020
Post reasons for refusal. Is he US visa still valid? She doesn’t have a lot of funds for a month long visit? No family ties, if single. Has only been with employer for one year. Previous EE profile showing intent to immigrate. Overall her profile needs to be strengthen.
Hi Naturgrl,

Below are my responses for your queries and appreciate your time!

1) My sister has a USA Visitors Visa that is valid till 2025. Where she only visited once to USA in 2016 to attend a University in New York to present a Science Research Paper in one of the Conferences she was invited to.

2) She has an available cash in her bank account of CAD 12000.

3) Below are the comments/ statements of refusal from the applied GCMS Notes;

i) at Page 12/45:
REFUSAL GROUND 1:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

ii) at Page 12/45:
REFUSAL GROUND 2:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

iii) at Page 43/ 45:

Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicant’s incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to their hoe country.

The purpose of visit does not appear reasonable given the applicant’s socio-economic situation and therefore I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of the period authorized stay.

Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.

For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Naturgrl,

Below are my responses for your queries and appreciate your time!

1) My sister has a USA Visitors Visa that is valid till 2025. Where she only visited once to USA in 2016 to attend a University in New York to present a Science Research Paper in one of the Conferences she was invited to.

2) She has an available cash in her bank account of CAD 12000.

3) Below are the comments/ statements of refusal from the applied GCMS Notes;

i) at Page 12/45:
REFUSAL GROUND 1:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

ii) at Page 12/45:
REFUSAL GROUND 2:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

iii) at Page 43/ 45:

Given family ties or economic motives to remain in Canada, the applicant’s incentives to remain in Canada may outweigh their ties to their hoe country.

The purpose of visit does not appear reasonable given the applicant’s socio-economic situation and therefore I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of the period authorized stay.

Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.

For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

Thank you!

Refusal 1; She is single so she has no family ties to show because all her family is in Canada either as PR or visitor.
Refusal 2 and 3: Purpose of visit - This is where funds and her job may come into play. I see not wording about being a potential immigrant. She should increase her funds to show that she alone can support a visit and work at her job longer to show one term commitment. Socio economic situation means they don’t think her funds support a visit. She has been at the job for a year which may not be considered long enough.

So to overcome #1 (all family in Canada) then she needs to show more job stability with longer commitment to job and funds to support a visit without family support.

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
The duration of Job doesn't matter, did you reference letter from her employer along with a ID card Scan that would have helped.

Also a email between your Sister and Manager discussing leaves would have provided good ties back to home country.

Reactions: ashmaitsingh