Waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
truesmile said:
Success here also. Didn't do anything special. Honestly, we filled out the forms as if it were merely a formality. (Our relationship story at 3 sentences fit in the answer box provided.). If there was any question, it was the 60 photos that we sent in. No chat logs, email, or Skype logs were submitted.
This sounds very similar to my application with the exception of only about 12 photos. My Russian wife was given her visa with no questions asked, some updated documents were required, and she and her son landed last Friday. Our application first went to Moscow, when they were processing applications, before being sent to Warsaw. In the end this ended up being about 2-3 months faster than if Moscow had done the whole process, we were upset with this change at first but it ended up being for the best.

Our relationship was short, we met 3 months after meeting online, we got married 3 months after that, and our application was submitted about 3 months after our wedding. We had emails and Skype logs but I sent none of either, we had limited photos and I still only sent a handful, and our supporting evidence was light and not entirely matching due to the language barrier with my wife. Our forms were answered in short form instead of essay's that some people tend to write, but I went over those damn things a hundred times to make sure all the right boxes were ticked, and all signatures were in the correct place.

sam_1985

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
mcbeth said:
This sounds very similar to my application with the exception of only about 12 photos. My Russian wife was given her visa with no questions asked, some updated documents were required, and she and her son landed last Friday. Our application first went to Moscow, when they were processing applications, before being sent to Warsaw. In the end this ended up being about 2-3 months faster than if Moscow had done the whole process, we were upset with this change at first but it ended up being for the best.

Our relationship was short, we met 3 months after meeting online, we got married 3 months after that, and our application was submitted about 3 months after our wedding. We had emails and Skype logs but I sent none of either, we had limited photos and I still only sent a handful, and our supporting evidence was light and not entirely matching due to the language barrier with my wife. Our forms were answered in short form instead of essay's that some people tend to write, but I went over those damn things a hundred times to make sure all the right boxes were ticked, and all signatures were in the correct place.
Thx so much for sharing! It's a big relief to read! Sometimes, when u see the amount of paperwork people submit and u compare it to what u submitted, it makes u panic lol

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Amidst so much negativity while waiting for PR approval, a thread like this would obviously boost our morals and inspire to feel positively towards seeing light at the end of the tunnel. Please share your success story. Thank you and stay positive!

Dida04

May 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mcbeth said:

Thank you for sharing. I only have a couple of pictures with my spouse as well and I was very scared. Reading this reassured me.

Thank you once again.

sdh

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2015
Doc's Request.
30-10-2015 & 23-12-2015
Nomination.....
SA - 23-10-2015
AOR Received.
09-10-2015
File Transfer...
23-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
DM: 26-12-2015
Passport Req..
28-01-2016
I dont have story to share but congratulation to all of you.

jamsham12

Jan 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/19/2015
AOR Received.
03/16/2015
File Transfer...
04/21/2015
Passport Req..
In Process: 08/06/2015 DM: 10/31/2015
VISA ISSUED...
11/16/2015
LANDED..........
12/30/2015
Met my partner in 2011 on an Asian chat site LOL! Been dating ever since. I got a work permit to work in Canada from 2012-2013 where we lived together, ever since 2013 and even before we fly to see each other every couple months (shes in Calgary and I am in Washington D.C). There is at least 20 entry stamps from YYC(Calgary International Airport) on my passport from all the visits we made. Overall through out the 4 years we been together we spent roughly 70 percent of the time apart but wouldn't have it any other way. Application is currently in process and they have requested RPRF payment which has been done prior so I should be landing in Canada by October "hopefully"

Beaverdiva

Aug 5, 2013
England
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 26/08/2015. SA 28/09/2015. In Process on eCAS - 6/10/2015
File Transfer...
29/09/2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT. Medical Results Received 14/10/15
Med's Done....
06/07/2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 09/12/2015, COPR arrived 15/1/16 deadline to land 7/7/16
LANDED..........
7-06-2016
What a lovely thread and a great idea.

We filed our application last month so reading your success stories is helping me to stay focused.

We've been in a relationship since 2009 and got married in April this year. My husband lives in Canada and I'm in the UK. He returned to the UK when our relationship got serious but then he went back to Canada to fulfill his PR obligation back in 2013. So we've been apart for over 2 years now with me visiting him 3 times a year. We've probably got around another 12 months before we can finally be reunited and some days are so difficult when I miss him so much :(

Thanks for sharing your positive experiences, it restores my faith in the whole process !!
Good luck everyone ;D

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
This is indeed a nice idea!

Fortunately, I didn't have to sponsor my wife. But we still have a story to share. I knew my wife from my high school life and we maintained a long distance relationship for half a decade while I did my undergrad here in Canada. We got married in 2010 when I was still at school (but already had a full-time job offer). We applied for PR in same year after I got PNP through my work. We got PR together in the following year. The day she landed at Pearson is very special to both of us. I had it all planned :p. Now, we have a 5 month old daughter. BTW, she never got a spousal visa while I was student/worker. Only regret is she, being a foreign doctor, cannot practice medicine here.

In 2015, I applied for PGP for my mom. I'm very lucky that we made it to 5000 cap. It's still long way to go. Currently, she is with us on Super Visa (being a widow, she never got visitor visa either).

Good luck everyone! Stay positive!!!