Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-Aug-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-Sept-2011
LANDED..........
18-Dec-2011
Congratulations on your successful appeal!

It's definately been a long time coming

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
The Canadian Embassy, Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
I'm still riding on a cloud over this. I love the judge so much. My husband wants to track him down when he gets to Canada and give him flowers or chocolates. We both feel so much love for him. I really did not know what he believed when I was at my appeal hearing. But he wrote down for me all the reasons he believed me, I just feel so vindicated. It seems as if he weighed the evidence very seriously, and despite all our foibles he saw the truth. I did not have a lawyer and although afterwards I was kicking myself about this, I actually think it was because we didn't that the judge could see the sincerity we had. I would recommend getting all the evidence you could muster, if you wanted to attempt an appeal hearing without a lawyer. We were very naive, I think. I at times was very angry at the way the opposing lawyer was speaking to me but even he had to admit that he could tell I loved my husband very much. That was obvious, he said. But the language barrier was difficult to show that it was equal on both me and my husband. It seemed so surreal, having a few people judge your life and your choices that you have made about who you loved. But I think in my mind I thought, if my Mother who went all the way to Turkey and spent 5 weeks with my husband and his parents and siblings, and loved them, then who better to judge us. Plus we had numerous photos of the time I spent there. How can any judge know more than my own Mom? I never gave e-mail evidence from facebook or MSN. And I thought I was doomed for not putting that in my papers. I guess it wasn't important. I guess I just want to tell everyone, just be brave and stand up to them, and make sure the fight is with you as a couple. I think that's what they want to see. Love conquers...

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
wolanila said:
if you dont mind me asking, why was it rejected to begin with, what kind of evidence did you submit for proof of relationship? did you submit other evidence at the appeal hearing?, im just curious as I would like to learn from your experience so that I can make my application strong.
My husbands PR was rejected because they did not believe our marriage was genuine. We filled out the forms and other than a few photos did not include that much. My husband does not speak english at all! I learned Turkish to the best of my ability. My husband got nervous at his interview and forgot a lot of stuff. After they told him he was rejected, I moved to Turkey last August. I stayed there until March 5 for my appeal hearing in Vancouver. I brought with me all the photos of my life there and more wedding pics and a letter from my Mother of her 5 week stay with us to meet my husband and his family.

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
missmini said:
unfortunately not all files go to Ottawa as Charlie said...some go which would be faster (it's a pilot program, new one for this year) but i also read of some people who got their file back to the respective VO, Ankara in ur case....now they should take ur file directly and continue where it was left - maybe further background checks, security, etc....if they did that already, then u r close....but some complained that their file after the appeal was back in the initial line :-X hope it's a mistake and they don't do that in general
also, nothing to be scared, just keep in mind that successful appeal does not mean 100% PPR....if it's the same officer getting back ur file, she could/try to find other reasons to reject (which is also why they suggested the pilot program going on now)...

I don't know if this will help with my case but the judge said on the last line "The officer's decision to refuse a PR Visa is set aside, and an officer must continue to process the application in accordance with the reasons of the IAD" Since this was the only reason given to me, and they went through all of the reasons why he was refused, what more could they bring up now? It was pages and pages of possible reasons he would be excluded for PR status.

how did ur hubbie take the news? :D will u go back to wait together for the final step? :D

keep us updated!!! best of luck!!!

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
missmini. Somehow I missed your last question. My husband had a wicked headache the day he got the news. He said he had even taken 3 aspirin :(We had waited all day for the letter(him all night) I told him to go sleep for a while while I continued waiting. When I found out my Mother phoned him up and woke him. Within minutes he was back online, and we opened the letter together. He was so happy :D and afterwards he said his headache was gone. So it must have been stress related.
I wish I could go back to Turkey and wait with him, but i gotta work and can't afford another trip just to wait for him to come. I wish I could!!! But even he would think that was frivolous LOL. Hopefully it's gonna process soon now. I expect to get some kind of info soon about our case.

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Mrs. Turan said:
missmini. Somehow I missed your last question. My husband had a wicked headache the day he got the news. He said he had even taken 3 aspirin :(We had waited all day for the letter(him all night) I told him to go sleep for a while while I continued waiting. When I found out my Mother phoned him up and woke him. Within minutes he was back online, and we opened the letter together. He was so happy :D and afterwards he said his headache was gone. So it must have been stress related.
I wish I could go back to Turkey and wait with him, but i gotta work and can't afford another trip just to wait for him to come. I wish I could!!! But even he would think that was frivolous LOL. Hopefully it's gonna process soon now. I expect to get some kind of info soon about our case.
Mrs Turan, hope ur file will b processed through Ottawa and everything will go so fast!! that's so sweet that u opened the letter together, thanks God for the Internet ;) was wondering how did u know that u'll b receiving the letter on that day or were u waiting like this every day the past 8 weeks or so? :eek: (and it's probably around 10 hours time difference)
don't worry the other reasons of possible rejection u know them already (criminality, misrepresentation, etc, etc) but u'll b ok :) soon u'll give us more good news....good luck!!

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
A thousand times congrats!!!

Dec 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
AOR Received.
31-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2011
LANDED..........
17-06-2011
Wonderful to read, congratulations! Hope you two have a happy life together in Canada

Mrs. Turan

Mar 11, 2010
Vancouver Island, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2010
File Transfer...
06-05-2010
Med's Request
29-07-2011
Med's Done....
20-08-2011
Interview........
23-06-2010
Passport Req..
09-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2011
LANDED..........
25-12-2011
Thanks so much. It's amazing how much calmer we feel now. Talking about Canada feels a little different now, lighter :) He is my husband and soon we'll be together. It's an amazing feeling just knowing I will be waiting for him at the airport one day. I appreciate everyone here for all the congrats and wish everyone a fast reunion for you and your loved ones too. Big hugs!!!!

BabarShah

Mar 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrs. Turan said:
Thanks so much. It's amazing how much calmer we feel now. Talking about Canada feels a little different now, lighter :) He is my husband and soon we'll be together. It's an amazing feeling just knowing I will be waiting for him at the airport one day. I appreciate everyone here for all the congrats and wish everyone a fast reunion for you and your loved ones too. Big hugs!!!!
Many Many congrats...

We have also won our appeal with same rejection. Now CPP-O is processing our file. I have a question hopefully i can get answer.
How long security checks take time to get back the result to CPP-O.

Please advise

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Mrs. Turan, I am so happy for you! Congratulations!

For the question above, there is no set time the background investigation takes. If there is a lot to investigate, they will take more time. Good luck.