+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Substitute docs in the absence of reference letter from employer?

raich

Aug 24, 2016
Would you mind explain bit about "Letter of Explanation (LOE) explaining your situation". Please let me know how you have shown job responsibility?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raich said:
Would you mind explain bit about "Letter of Explanation (LOE) explaining your situation". Please let me know how you have shown job responsibility?
You need to provide proof of your job responsibilities (in the form of your work contract, a letter from a senior colleague, etc.).
Along with this proof, you also should provide a LOE, explaining why you are unable to provide a reference letter from your boss/HR, what proof you have provided instead, and how it demonstrates the information you've given.

For example:
"I was unable to obtain a reference letter from my boss, [boss's name], because the company has a blanket policy of not provided customised reference letters. Please find attached the email from the HR department which states this policy.
In lieu of this letter, I have provided a reference letter from a senior colleague, [colleague's name, job title, etc.], who worked alongside me. This letter outlines, my job title, dates and hours that I worked, and my roles and responsibilities.
I have also included my work contract, which shows my annual salary and bonuses."

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raich said:
What happen if i have all shorts of document but company closed?
If you have the necessary documents to prove your work experience, then the company being closed shouldn't matter.

raich

Aug 24, 2016
At the time I left the company on 2013, I got a letter from my project manager regarding my job roles and responsibility in company letter head. but that company has closed so far.
Well, in case a company closed, what should I do

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raich said:
At the time I left the company on 2013, I got a letter from my project manager regarding my job roles and responsibility in company letter head. but that company has closed so far.
Well, in case a company closed, what should I do
If you have the necessary documents, you don't have to do anything.

If you don't have the documents, you need to figure out how to get them.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
enthuuu said:
Hello,

I have tried for past 3 months to obtain reference letter from my previous employer but there is no way I can have it. Though I have been able to collect some other docs which might support my employment. Could somebody please have a look and let me know if these are enough?

1) Official relieving and service certificate (Only has information like designation, start date, last date)
2) Offer letter
3) Welcome email (It says that I joined the company as an engineer trainee)
4) Recent email from company HR head and supervisor saying that they cannot provide the letter in the requested format
5) 4 months of bank statements during the employment
6) Provident fund certificate

I cannot find payslips as I worked with the company 2011-12. Unfortunately I don't even have ITR assessment as I could not file ITR on time.

Is there anything else I should include to support my employment?

Thanks!
Check this link to know more about alternatives for reference letter
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html

Luder

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Halifax
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Can't find a match, unfortunately!
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2015
Doc's Request.
August 17, 2016
Nomination.....
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
October 15, 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
N/A for eAPR
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
25 Sept, 2016
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
February 14, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2017
LANDED..........
July 31, 2017
enthuuu said:
I do have a question regarding stat declaration, does it have to be on a stamp paper or I can have my colleague sign it on company's letterhead and also get it signed by an notary?
Hi

ENTHU

I accidentally saw this thread and thought I can share a similar situation I had earlier.

That reference letter as requested by the provincial nomination folks is very hard to get. But it is a must if we need marks for our profiles.

I worked in health care in UAE. Few months ago I ran into the same issue. I applied to Nova Scotia Nomination program.

I sent a mail asking them what can I do if i can't get a letter in company letterhead but a senior colleague of mine is willing to give a letter in plain paper. I'll send the reply exactly as it is

If you are unable to provide a letter, as stipulated in the Application Guide, then you must provide evidence of all of the requirements of the letter.

"If you are unable to obtain a letter on letterhead from your current employer, then a notarized letter from a current supervisor (along with notarized copies of the supervisor’s work identification and company card) attesting to your specific period of your employment with the company, your wage, work hours, title, job duties and responsibilities should be sufficient for the Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP).

Please note, as Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) also assesses your work experience, please upload all documentation you provide to the NSNP to CIC when you apply for Permanente Resident status, if you are nominated. However, as the NSNP does not influence CIC’s decisions, we cannot comment on whether or not the above information will be sufficient for CIC’s purposes."

See if this can help you

enthuuu

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Hi Luder,

Thank you for your reply!

I am just wondering if my colleague who is willing to provide ref letter should still be working with the company? I worked there in 2011-12 and many of my colleagues have left. HR head and my supervisor have already sent me a denial email which I will be submitting.

Though I can ask some of my colleagues who worked there for a while but not sure if CIC would accept it ?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enthuuu said:
Hi Luder,

Thank you for your reply!

I am just wondering if my colleague who is willing to provide ref letter should still be working with the company? I worked there in 2011-12 and many of my colleagues have left. HR head and my supervisor have already sent me a denial email which I will be submitting.

Though I can ask some of my colleagues who worked there for a while but not sure if CIC would accept it ?
It's not necessary for your colleagues to still be with the company.

enthuuu

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
istari said:
It's not necessary for your colleagues to still be with the company.
In that case they will not have any company's id because one needs to surrender it when leaving the company. In that case just the letter on plain paper with notarization is good enough?

enaid1026

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-09-2016
AOR Received.
26-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2016
I'm having this same dilemma for my Husband(accompanying spouse).. he only have Certificate of Employment from previous Job.. but dont have details of job roles and responsibility.. :'(

Can his previous colleague sign it in with company's letter head? would that suffice? no need to notarized?

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enaid1026 said:
I'm having this same dilemma for my Husband(accompanying spouse).. he only have Certificate of Employment from previous Job.. but dont have details of job roles and responsibility.. :'(

Can his previous colleague sign it in with company's letter head? would that suffice? no need to notarized?
That should be fine.

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
That should be fine.
HI Istari,

Can you please advice if we can use an official JD printed on company letter head and stamped as well ?Would that help since that too is an official document from the company mentioning the job duties carried out.