+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting Schedule A background declaration and police certificate through IRCC webform

as087p

Mar 11, 2017
Hello,

I've submitted application for sponsoring spouse living outside Canada and received an email asking to link my application online and submit background declaration and police certificate. After multiple attempts when I was unable to link my application online, I submitted the police certificate and background declaration using IRCC webform. The email from CIC stated that there were 3 ways to provide the required documents. 1) By linking application online and uploading the documents 2) Submitting through IRCC webform using sponsorship category 3) Mailing the documents to CPC Mississauga. A week later, I was successful in linking my application online and the messages on my account stated no additional documents were required. Out of curiosity, I submitted an IRCC webform to verify if the required documents were received and explained that the documents were submitted through IRCC webform as I encountered issues linking my application online. IRCC response did not address my query however provided steps to link the application online. I called in to IRCC customer service to check if the documents were received and was advised that the required documents are not showing up in their system and it could take a month or so for IRCC to update the documents in their system. I informed that the documents were submitted 2 months ago however IRCC agent was unable to find much info on her end. When I received the initial email to submit the forms, it stated that the required documents needs to be submitted within one month from the date the initial email was sent requesting for the additional documents. The email also stated that if the required documents were not sent within the specified time then the application processing would proceed based on the information they've which may lead to rejection of the application. Please advise what should I do? Note that I received an email a day before the deadline to submit the documents stating that my sponsorship application is at a visa office outside Canada. Please advise what should I do next and thanks in advance for your assistance.

SeanNewYork

May 4, 2017
Hello,

I've submitted application for sponsoring spouse living outside Canada and received an email asking to link my application online and submit background declaration and police certificate. After multiple attempts when I was unable to link my application online, I submitted the police certificate and background declaration using IRCC webform. The email from CIC stated that there were 3 ways to provide the required documents. 1) By linking application online and uploading the documents 2) Submitting through IRCC webform using sponsorship category 3) Mailing the documents to CPC Mississauga. A week later, I was successful in linking my application online and the messages on my account stated no additional documents were required. Out of curiosity, I submitted an IRCC webform to verify if the required documents were received and explained that the documents were submitted through IRCC webform as I encountered issues linking my application online. IRCC response did not address my query however provided steps to link the application online. I called in to IRCC customer service to check if the documents were received and was advised that the required documents are not showing up in their system and it could take a month or so for IRCC to update the documents in their system. I informed that the documents were submitted 2 months ago however IRCC agent was unable to find much info on her end. When I received the initial email to submit the forms, it stated that the required documents needs to be submitted within one month from the date the initial email was sent requesting for the additional documents. The email also stated that if the required documents were not sent within the specified time then the application processing would proceed based on the information they've which may lead to rejection of the application. Please advise what should I do? Note that I received an email a day before the deadline to submit the documents stating that my sponsorship application is at a visa office outside Canada. Please advise what should I do next and thanks in advance for your assistance.
I have done the same thing! How do I confirm that they have received the documents..

as087p

Mar 11, 2017
I have done the same thing! How do I confirm that they have received the documents..
Call IRCC to verify if they have received your documents. I informed the call center agent that I had submitted the document twice through IRCC webform as I forgot to add the form with handwritten signature during my initial submission. The agent advised me that when they receive these documents through webform, they have to manually attach it to the application file online and currently there is approx 1 month backlog so possibly the documents are received however not uploaded to the system due to the backlog. When I informed that I had submitted the documents 2 months ago the agent advised to resubmit the documents through IRCC webform with URGENT written in the subject line. To be on a safer side I've resubmitted the documents. Hope this helps.

SeanNewYork

May 4, 2017
Call IRCC to verify if they have received your documents. I informed the call center agent that I had submitted the document twice through IRCC webform as I forgot to add the form with handwritten signature during my initial submission. The agent advised me that when they receive these documents through webform, they have to manually attach it to the application file online and currently there is approx 1 month backlog so possibly the documents are received however not uploaded to the system due to the backlog. When I informed that I had submitted the documents 2 months ago the agent advised to resubmit the documents through IRCC webform with URGENT written in the subject line. To be on a safer side I've resubmitted the documents. Hope this helps.
will resubmit it with URGENT in the subject line. Lets see if that expedite the process a bit faster. Thanks for the feedback :)

wajid619

Sep 15, 2016
Did it help?