+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting passports after PPR to Newyork VAC

immigrationfun

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Hi all,
I recently got PPR (Indian passport) and got my visa office changed to Newyork VAC. The instructions in the page mentioned in the email sent by CIC ( http://www.csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/cvac_application_processing ) is very confusing. Has anyone submitted passports to Newyork VAC for visa stamping? Can you please list all the documents and fees you submitted with the application?
Thanks for the help.

KimPositive

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigrationfun said:
Hi all,
I recently got PPR (Indian passport) and got my visa office changed to Newyork VAC. The instructions in the page mentioned in the email sent by CIC ( http://www.csc-cvac.com/en-US/selfservice/cvac_application_processing ) is very confusing. Has anyone submitted passports to Newyork VAC for visa stamping? Can you please list all the documents and fees you submitted with the application?
Thanks for the help.
I had to go through NY VAC for my work permit. In the beginning it wasn't very clear which documents they needed, so I understand your confusion.
They have a very helpful call center. Give them a call and ask: (646) 741-0130
I needed to submit a prepaid envelope along with other documents and also pay a separate VAC fee. You case is different so I would recommend to find out what's needed.
Good luck and congrats to PPR!

Reactions: Narimane

sanpatel30

Feb 15, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
5/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
18/04/2017
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
28/12/2016
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
LANDED..........
15/07/2017
KimPositive said:
I had to go through NY VAC for my work permit. In the beginning it wasn't very clear which documents they needed, so I understand your confusion.
They have a very helpful call center. Give them a call and ask: (646) 741-0130
I needed to submit a prepaid envelope along with other documents and also pay a separate VAC fee. You case is different so I would recommend to find out what's needed.
Good luck and congrats to PPR!
hey Kimpositive,
did you apply your work permit outside Canada at VAC New York? and did you get it please reply

KimPositive

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanpatel30 said:
hey Kimpositive,
did you apply your work permit outside Canada at VAC New York? and did you get it please reply
Yes, I had to apply "outside Canada" although I actually was in Canada. But that was the only way, CIC told me.

Also to receive the work permit I had to enter Canada. So I went to the border at Niagara, left Canada, flag poled and reentered Canada. While reentering my actual work permit was handed out to me.

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
Hey there,

I have received PPR after going through the process with New York - VAC (CSC) and can help here. I agree, the instructions are a bit confusing but CSC NY VAC was helpful to answer my questions via email.

It seems this CSC VAC has only recently started processing for PR/COPR and that's why most of their instructions are not specific to us.

My experience/suggestions :

What i sent to NY :

1. Passport
2. Printout of PPR letter from CIC (the revised one which states to send your Passport to NY office)
3. 2 photos per CIC specifications
4. Signed Consent form (on the CSC VAC website)
5. This one is a suggestion - Take a copy of the cashier's check (described below), both front and back (if you do not include this - not a big issue, you will be requested to email a scanned copy anyway once your passport etc. have been received by NY VAC and they review your docs and start case processing)
6. Prepaid return envelope with tracking etc.. (USPS express priority mail) - included this so NY VAC uses this to return the passport and COPR to me

What i sent to Philadelphia Lockbox address :
1. Cashier's Check for CSC - This one goes in a separate mail to Philadelphia with the Cashier's check for required amount as per website (this is required from CSC VAC to continue processing) ; Make sure to write your full name in PENCIL on the back of cashier's check.
2. A Cover sheet which had my applicant name, UCI #, EE Profile # and the NYC VAC Case Tracking # (more on this below).

Note:
1. My revised PPR letter from CIC (the one they uploaded on my account after i requested the VO change to NY) did NOT contain the "Annexe form" that was on my original PPR email. Hence i did not send that to NY VAC. In the end, it was not required for me.
2a. The NYC Case Tracking number will be assigned to you once CSC NY VAC has received your mailing packet with passport and other documents. This is something that i would suggest to include on the cover sheet in the mail to Philadelphia so that they know which case this check is for. Also, whenever you email CSC NY VAC this # should be included on all email subject so they can respond to your queries.
2b. As per 2a above, what i did was send the first packet to new york and then wait for the tracking # and then sent the check to philadelphia the following week. If you don't want to wait you could mail it at the same time as well. (guess either works - but this is what i did)
3. If you have an issue, i would suggest email as a medium to contact them (you can use the email address that they first contact you from). They are pretty responsive to questions and tended to respond the next business day afternoon.
4. They only used one photo on the COPR and returned the other photo in the end, this is normal, so not to worry.
5. I used USPS because my PPR email said only use that. Since these are important documents, i used priority mail express envelope for fastest delivery and tracking. My suggestion is to use that even though its more expensive.
6. I am a single applicant so my documents might vary from yours if you have family/dependents etc.
7. While processing is taking place, as you continue to track the case status with your tracking number on CSC tracking website, you will notice that application type/visa type will be listed as "PRTD". Do not worry... they are processing your COPR/Visa but they do not have a status defined in their system as they have only recently started handling PPR requests and hence they just use "PRTD" as that's their only option available.

Can't really think of anything else at this time. Just make sure you include everything mentioned in your PPR email as there's a chance it could be different for each of us.

Good Luck !

sanpatel30

Feb 15, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
5/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
18/04/2017
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
28/12/2016
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
LANDED..........
15/07/2017
KimPositive said:
Yes, I had to apply "outside Canada" although I actually was in Canada. But that was the only way, CIC told me.

Also to receive the work permit I had to enter Canada. So I went to the border at Niagara, left Canada, flag poled and reentered Canada. While reentering my actual work permit was handed out to me.
did you apply for work permit at new york? for me after restoring my status as a visitor, i got positive LMIA on 8th Dec 2016 and I applied for WP at New York vac. is it right?

KimPositive

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanpatel30 said:
did you apply for work permit at new york? for me after restoring my status as a visitor, i got positive LMIA on 8th Dec 2016 and I applied for WP at New York vac. is it right?
yes, that's correct.
I didn't go to NY in person but submitted all papers there. The work permit usually takes 3 months to process but you can submit a request for urgent process

KimPositive

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sodapop123 said:
Hey there,

I have received PPR after going through the process with New York - VAC (CSC) and can help here. I agree, the instructions are a bit confusing but CSC NY VAC was helpful to answer my questions via email.

It seems this CSC VAC has only recently started processing for PR/COPR and that's why most of their instructions are not specific to us.

What i sent to NY :

1. Passport
2. Printout of PPR letter from CIC (the revised one which states to send your Passport to NY office)
5. This one is a suggestion - Take a copy of the cashier's check (described below), both front and back (if you do not include this - not a big issue, you will be requested to email a scanned copy anyway once your passport etc. have been received by NY VAC and they review your docs and start case processing)

1. Cashier's Check for CSC - This one goes in a separate mail to Philadelphia with the Cashier's check for required amount as per website (this is required from CSC VAC to continue processing) ; Make sure to write your full name in PENCIL on the back of cashier's check.
2. A Cover sheet which had my applicant name, UCI #, EE Profile # and the NYC VAC Case Tracking # (more on this below).

Note:
1. My revised PPR letter from CIC (the one they uploaded on my account after i requested the VO change to NY) did NOT contain the "Annexe form" that was on my original PPR email. Hence i did not send that to NY VAC. In the end, it was not required for me.
2a. The NYC Case Tracking number will be assigned to you once CSC NY VAC has received your mailing packet with passport and other documents. This is something that i would suggest to include on the cover sheet in the mail to Philadelphia so that they know which case this check is for. Also, whenever you email CSC NY VAC this # should be included on all email subject so they can respond to your queries.
2b. As per 2a above, what i did was send the first packet to new york and then wait for the tracking # and then sent the check to philadelphia the following week. If you don't want to wait you could mail it at the same time as well. (guess either works - but this is what i did)
3. If you have an issue, i would suggest email as a medium to contact them (you can use the email address that they first contact you from). They are pretty responsive to questions and tended to respond the next business day afternoon.
4. They only used one photo on the COPR and returned the other photo in the end, this is normal, so not to worry.
5. I used USPS because my PPR email said only use that. Since these are important documents, i used priority mail express envelope for fastest delivery and tracking. My suggestion is to use that even though its more expensive.
6. I am a single applicant so my documents might vary from yours if you have family/dependents etc.
7. While processing is taking place, as you continue to track the case status with your tracking number on CSC tracking website, you will notice that application type/visa type will be listed as "PRTD". Do not worry... they are processing your COPR/Visa but they do not have a status defined in their system as they have only recently started handling PPR requests and hence they just use "PRTD" as that's their only option available.

Can't really think of anything else at this time. Just make sure you include everything mentioned in your PPR email as there's a chance it could be different for each of us.

Good Luck !
What a great summary! +1 for you

immigrationfun

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Perfect! Thanks for a great summary sodapop123! A big +1.
Just a quick question regarding the fee. It seems we only need to pay $31.40 per applicant based on the CSC webpage (VAC service charge not needed) . Is that what you paid?
sodapop123 said:
Hey there,

What i sent to NY :

1. Passport

Note:

Good Luck !

sanpatel30

Feb 15, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
5/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
18/04/2017
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
28/12/2016
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
LANDED..........
15/07/2017
KimPositive said:
yes, that's correct.
I didn't go to NY in person but submitted all papers there. The work permit usually takes 3 months to process but you can submit a request for urgent process
hi KimPositive,

they received my file on Jan 9th, 2017 for WP with Positive LMIA but still nothing. How can I submit for urgent process? please reply
thanks
sanjay

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
immigrationfun said:
Perfect! Thanks for a great summary sodapop123! A big +1.
Just a quick question regarding the fee. It seems we only need to pay $31.40 per applicant based on the CSC webpage (VAC service charge not needed) . Is that what you paid?
that's correct... i paid $31.40 as well.
Please note: i just edited my original post as i forgot to mention one thing. You probably already took care of that but just wanted to mention.... See point #6 (I included the prepaid return envelope as well)

KimPositive

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanpatel30 said:
hi KimPositive,

they received my file on Jan 9th, 2017 for WP with Positive LMIA but still nothing. How can I submit for urgent process? please reply
thanks
sanjay
Yes, the regular timeline for WP is 115 weeks - so I'm not surprised that your is still in process.
When I called the VAC call center to asked for a detailed update, the agent told me about the urgent process request form. He sent me the document via email. You need to give a valid reason why your request is urgent (e.g. For me the CEO of the company that went through LMIA for me, wrote a letter giving reasons why I need to join the team asap). But it's still up to the assigned agent at VAC if she/he agrees with the matter of urgency.

Either call VAC NY and ask for the urgent request form or PM me your email address and I will send it to you.

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017

KimPositive

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanpatel30 said:
hi KimPositive,

thanks
sanjay
Did you sent the form to VAC NY that I sent you the other day?

sodapop123

Star Member
Mar 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
IELTS Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Request
N/A (upfront)
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2017
LANDED..........
01-05-2017
Hi all,

just want to add that , i recently heard some of the details / steps ....that i had posted above have changed b/w then and now. The basic process and documents required might still be the same, but do read the PPR letter and CSC/VAC site carefully to ensure you have the latest information.

wasn't able to edit my above post, so adding a new one here.