+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Submitting Passport for TRV stamp in another country no longer possible ?

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
- I came to canada on study permit and recently got my work permit
- I applied to get TRV stamp on my passport and the aplication was approved and my passort was requested
- But i need to travel to my home country for my sisters marriage and i was under impression that if needed i can get the TRV stamp in my home country (India)
- Many people on this form have shared there experience on how they did this

- I mailed both Ottwa Office and New Delhi office to request them to stamp my passport in New Delhi
- But Ottwa office send below link and mentioned in email reply that passport can be submitted as mentioned in the link only:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport.html

The link basically says that I can sumit passport for TRV stamp only in the country in which i was present at the time of aplying for TRV stamp.

Is this a recent change ? And what are my options in case i want to get the passport stamped in India ?
Is it possible to walk in person at Ottwa visa centre and apply for expedited trv stamp on passort ?

nawabs11

Dec 8, 2020
Hi there,

A long shot here.
I am in the same boat as you are.
Wondering what happened next, did the VO office in India issues your stamp ?
Please let me know

vishalkoradia.vk

Jan 17, 2018
Hi, I have a valid Work Permit & applied for my TRV (Inside Canada) application on December 21st, 2020. I have to travel to Mumbai (India) by February second week for my brother's wedding. It shows 53 days for the TRV application process. If the application gets approved then passport stamping will take time & will be late by then, So is there any way I can get to Mumbai while the application in process & when/if approved get stamping in Mumbai (India)??
And what i need to do, contact IRCC or CPC-Ottawa regarding this?? And do I need any approval and if yes then from where IRCC, CPC or Mumbai VFS?

Please HELP! Further assistance is much appreciated, Thank you in advance.

Addy1911

Oct 22, 2019
I also did the same. I went to india while waiting for my pgwp. After i got my pgwp, i told my friend to send me the picture of it and i apply the trv from india but i put canada as country of residence. I got my trv approved and then i went to vfs for stamping.
I did it in December 2019 . Don't know if anything has changed

Subbuhamilton

Jan 18, 2022
Hi, I have a valid Work Permit & applied for my TRV (Inside Canada) application on December 21st, 2020. I have to travel to Mumbai (India) by February second week for my brother's wedding. It shows 53 days for the TRV application process. If the application gets approved then passport stamping will take time & will be late by then, So is there any way I can get to Mumbai while the application in process & when/if approved get stamping in Mumbai (India)??
And what i need to do, contact IRCC or CPC-Ottawa regarding this?? And do I need any approval and if yes then from where IRCC, CPC or Mumbai VFS?

Please HELP! Further assistance is much appreciated, Thank you in advance.
Hi, I am in the same situation as you.Were you able to submit your passport in India without any prior approval. Please advise